Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

Does anyone here have any intentions of reviving Windows Update for Windows Mobile 6? There isnt much info online about it only a few screenshots but i found that it contacted a server at this url "https://update.windowsmobile.com/" I'm willing to help restore it, I have a device running WM6 Classic and I have experience with setting up device emulator with the WM6 SDK.
image.png.bacd5ddaad86c00ae08faf6047fcf239.png

Edited by Sentry

14 hours ago, Sentry said:

Does anyone here have any intentions of reviving Windows Update for Windows Mobile 6? There isnt much info online about it only a few screenshots but i found that it contacted a server at this url "https://update.windowsmobile.com/" I'm willing to help restore it, I have a device running WM6 Classic and I have experience with setting up device emulator with the WM6 SDK.
image.png.bacd5ddaad86c00ae08faf6047fcf239.png

I didn't even know this was a thing. We're gonna restore Windows Update for PCs first and we'll see for that later.

• 2 weeks later...

We have some news: Windows Update V4 now has many more updates for Windows 9x systems, Windows Update v3 has much more inventories than before and Windows Update v2 has been restored.

53 minutes ago, WULover said:

We have some news: Windows Update V4 now has many more updates for Windows 9x systems, Windows Update v3 has much more inventories than before and Windows Update v2 has been restored.

Ooooh, this is some good progress you made right there. Keep it up.

Critical Update Notification tool is back!

spacer.png

Today, thanks to @ward201185, CUN 4.0 has been revived!
This patched tool can now be downloaded from WURv4 for users of Windows 98 in English. Support for Windows 2000 and other languages will come later.

We need your help

We are working to restore Automatic Updates in Windows Millennium, and we are missing some libraries that WBM does not have archived. They are the following:

• WUAUPD98.DLL (5.4.5681.0)
  • AUHOOK.DLL (5.4.5681.0)
  • WUAUCPL.CPL (5.4.5681.0)

If you have an old PC with an old Windows Me installed and/or a virtual machine in which Automatic Updates has been used, or has these versions of the libraries (or a similar one dated around 2003), feel free to share it at WUR team on Discord or MSFN to make it easy for us to restore this feature, thanks in advance!

I'm having trouble on a clean install of Windows 98 Second Edition in VMware as when I go to access v4 of Windows Update I'm getting an illegal operation error when it says checking for the latest version of the windows update software. I tried updating the root certificates and I even installed ie6 service pack 1 and the error is still occurring.

Windows 98.PNG

Hello everyone, the WURv4 catalog is now available, although there are certain limitations: the download history does not work correctly, or on an NT 5.x system such as 2000 or XP a cyclic redundancy error appears when downloading updates not added by Microsoft in inventories. But in 9x you can download updates without problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Dobrý večer přeji všem. Prosím proč mě to nejde ten windows update, nefunguje ani v3.1 ani v4,ani v5 ve windows 95, ani ve windows 98 ani ve windows 2000, kde mám chybu prosím? Radovan

I wish everyone a good evening. Please, why can't I do the windows update, neither v3.1 nor v4 nor v5 works in windows 95, nor in windows 98 nor in windows 2000, where is the error please? Radovan

IMG_20230921_174517.jpg

IMG_20230921_184107.jpg

IMG_20230921_190017.jpg

Hello! Windows Update V4 does not support Windows 95. As for v3, I'm working on how to fix this issue, and I know how but I need the time to do this. As for Windows 98, it depends of your browser. Check the compatibility page on www.windowsupdaterestored.com for more.

Děkuji prosím a co znamená musíte obejít staré koncové body?:(ProxhttpsProxy ?

Ono jsou sice videa na windowsrestoreupdate.com a co to pomůže když 

kliknu na product update třeba u v3 a napíše mě  to Cannot display page tak jak mám pak pokračovat?

u v4 Windows update error?

Thanks please and what do you mean you have to bypass the old endpoints?ProxhttpsProxy ? Those are videos on windowsrestoreupdate.com and what will help if I click on product update, for example for v3, and it says Cannot display page, so how should I continue? v4 Windows update error? So please if there were any pictorial instructions on how to fix this. I'm very sorry for the google translation

2 hours ago, Radovan said:

Děkuji prosím a co znamená musíte obejít staré koncové body?:(ProxhttpsProxy ?

Ono jsou sice videa na windowsrestoreupdate.com a co to pomůže když 

kliknu na product update třeba u v3 a napíše mě  to Cannot display page tak jak mám pak pokračovat?

u v4 Windows update error?

Thanks please and what do you mean you have to bypass the old endpoints?ProxhttpsProxy ? Those are videos on windowsrestoreupdate.com and what will help if I click on product update, for example for v3, and it says Cannot display page, so how should I continue? v4 Windows update error? So please if there were any pictorial instructions on how to fix this. I'm very sorry for the google translation

He was talking about everyone on this topic, not especially you  :D

As I said, for Windows 95 & NT4.0, only use v3.1 as v4 and v5 are not compatible with those systems. I'm working on a fix for v3, so please be patient.

So please if there were any pictorial instructions on how to fix this

There's no need for instructions, it works out of the box. We had a server issue, and it's being fixed don't worry

I'm very sorry for the google translation

That's fine, not everyone speak english :)