StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 3/21/2024 at 5:11 AM, FZERO said:

Check the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

If HideSCAVolume exists and is set to 1 set it to 0.

Thanks. I don't find that entry in the registry. Anything else I can try?

On 3/13/2024 at 6:11 PM, geneticplasma said:

Is it possible to add the option to change the position of clock and date vice versa?

Zwischenablage_03-13-2024_01.jpg.707bd5a71ba02dd25e42732051923e88.jpg

@Tihiy is there any chance to change the date and time order please?

2 hours ago, Redrider said:

I'm running the Canary build 26085 and using StartAllBack v3.7.7 and have run into a small problem. On my second display, part of the open window always hides under the Taskbar unless I minimize the program. This happens anywhere I move the Taskbar. I also had this problem on the last Insider Canary build. For now I have the Taskbar set to not show on my second monitor.

Can reproduce, same issue here.

Just now, thepwrtank18 said:

Can reproduce, same issue here.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the consensus is Insider builds are not supported. If this is happening in stable I'd be more concerned. Given that the legacy taskbar is likely going to be removed from 24H2 I imagine @Tihiy is busy looking for a stable solution going forward. I think we're pretty lucky it's working at all in Canary right now. 

7 minutes ago, Mikaelo said:

Please, where can be problem? W11 23h2, SAB 3.7.7 .

I would like to thin bottom taskbar again.

THX 

I deleted the SAB cache and it is ok .. 
...You may try deleting %localappdata%\StartAllBack\Cache

7 minutes ago, Mikaelo said:

I deleted the SAB cache and it is ok .. 
...You may try deleting %localappdata%\StartAllBack\Cache

But still is diference between width of the left aligned taskbar on 1st and 2nd monitors.

G5oEKQyEYX.thumb.png.2022de343e9315263e2fd82ee112e924.png

Any tips please? THNX 

Edited by Mikaelo

On 3/16/2024 at 11:17 AM, mackid1993 said:

The glowing can be shut off in the settings app.

image.thumb.png.3854091109ccadde833cc9e99272e19b.png

Edit: I may be wrong, this may only work for the Win 11 taskbar. If so, sorry!

Edit 1: To not double post, the flashing drives me nuts and this setting does work with SAB. @Ten2O let me know if this helps you prevent your burn in. You may need to reboot or restart explorer after changing this setting.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't need this anymore though, as I contacted a friend who made me an AHK script (about 6 lines of simple code) that sets taskbar transparency to 0 when it's hidden. I've attached it if anyone else wants it.

TBLineFix.ahk

On 3/19/2024 at 11:30 AM, User77111 said:

I would like to share some edits

That's nice of you, but it would be nicer if you included more details on how to use this info, for example:

I use WSB for my msstyle edits

What's WSB?

6 hours ago, T. BugReporter said:

That's nice of you, but it would be nicer if you included more details on how to use this info, for example:

What's WSB?

WSB is Windows Style Builder. A program used for .msstyles editing. An example of a feature, the program lets you import and export graphics from the .msstyles files. Not required to view the edits in the ZIP file.

I am not sure on the methods StartAllBack uses to edit the aero.msstyles file. I know it does some trickery because the horizontal scroll bar in dark mode no longer has the black bars bug and the drag and drop graphic is fixed to not be white.

Some changes are happening and the ZIP file I shared just adds a few that were missed from startallback. I already fix these issues myself by creating a custom aero.msstyles and apply the theme after patching the system. It would be nice if I no longer had to apply these fixes because they were already included in startallback.

Fell free to continue asking questions. Hopefully the zip file I shared is easy enough to understand with the .msstyles edits and how they are applied.

I just wish I knew more on how you guys are doing it then I could share a better method on how to fix the bugs I am sharing.

10 hours ago, Tusticles said:

Was this change intentional?

sabdm.thumb.jpg.7fbb76b6d25c528ca00c96f36de41835.jpg

I liked it how it was before :(

It's there, just abides to 'Mica effect on top' checkbox. 

9 hours ago, T. BugReporter said:

What's WSB?

Windows Style Builder ;)

25 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

26090 is out with no watermark. Anyone running it with SAB... how is the taskbar looking?

good. fixed wrong second screen workspace 🫠

one problem but i don t know if it comes from windows or from startallback but when connect and disconnect devices the navigation pane does not refresh /update. (this happen in Canary)

Edited by Ionut Bara