StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

16 minutes ago, adacom said:

ok - i WAS being stupid but now have it working partially - what version gives square corners - i do not see that

Try this

Meanwhile, please test http://startisback.com/StartAllBack_setup.exe

2 minutes ago, Mikaelo said:

Try this

Meanwhile, please test http://startisback.com/StartAllBack_setup.exe

thanks - i thought i had that - i certainly had a version that showed as 3.7.5 which did not have the sq corner button but have just downloaded again and the new file is a different size and works perfectly

as a point of interest i had to change the address to https://.................................

5 hours ago, Ionut Bara said:

@Tihiy a bug in 3.7.5

when you upgrade to another build , all icons from taskbar are unpinned keeping empty taskbar.

It's like the worst thing to happen. Are you sure your system is not screwed up?

Attach an export of [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband]

Edited by Tihiy

i am talking to upgrading windows insider build to another.

upgrading from 26058 to 26063 and from 26063 to 26063 i get this in section:

48 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

It's like the worst thing to happen. Are you sure your system is not screwed up?

Attach an export of [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband]

upgrading builds with SaB 3.7.3 does not remove pinning taskbar icons. 

TaskBand AfterUpgrade.reg

Edited by Ionut Bara

@Tihiy When installing the beta I get a Windows smartscreen warning. I know it's a false positive but I wanted to let you know just in case there is a code signing certificate issue. It looks like the certificate is new. Thanks!!

StartAllBack 3.7.5 (that's build 4872 no less)

- Fixes for rotting 24H2 classic taskbar

- Fixed Task Manager not in system tray on 24H2

- Fixes SAB disabling itself when explorer is crashing out of GDI resources

- Reimplemented location system tray icon

- Renamed Control Center to Quick settings

- Dark Magic: Sharp corners and more acrylic titlebars

- Stability improvements

16 hours ago, Tihiy said:

StartAllBack 3.7.5 (that's build 4872 no less)

can i suggest a feature? Win+X Menu Manager in SaB. It can add groups and groups of elements in Win+X Menu.
it should be like WinAero's Win+X Editor https://winaero.com/winx-menu-editor-v3-0/

Adding custom elements in SaB Win+X its possible via 3rd-party apps.

Edited by Ionut Bara

Hello @Tihiy

With the latest version of Windows 11 (22631.3155) and SAB 3.7.5 (same with 3.7.3), I noticed that the explorer restarts when Howard Email Notifier opens a pop-up (new email) in systray
This problem does not appear if I launch Howard and a popup appears (only if Howard has been running for some time)

Thanks

EDIT : No problem with the "Safe to remove hardware" popup for example

Edited by tistou77

1 hour ago, tistou77 said:

With the latest version of Windows 11 (22631.3155) and SAB 3.7.5 (same with 3.7.3), I noticed that the explorer restarts when Howard Email Notifier opens a pop-up (new email) in systray
This problem does not appear if I launch Howard and a popup appears (only if Howard has been running for some time)

I run Howard Email Notifier all the time and don't see this. Try to collect crash dump (you may have one in %TEMP%\explorer_fastfail.dmp)

17 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

I run Howard Email Notifier all the time and don't see this. Try to collect crash dump (you may have one in %TEMP%\explorer_fastfail.dmp)

Ok, I'll check next time the problem appears, I've cleaned the %Temp% directory since
I rebooted a second time too (in doubt)

Thanks

Edited by tistou77

SAB 3.7.5

After Update to 3.7.5 and reboot, I got a massage, that this version of SAB was not designed for Windows. If I want it to use, I use it to my own risk J/N

For now I have confirmed YES, but this is much iritating.