What are you watching?

sunryze

13 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I have DVD sets of Twin Peaks (1990-91), no thoughts of replacing them with Blu-ray at all.

Don't replace 'em, don't even think of it! I did, and it was a waste of time/money. Bluray is "remastered" by id*ots. It's too bright and acid, it loses all the original charm.

You're Killin' Me, Smalls.

Supermium is too bright.  360Chrome is too bright.  MyPal 68 is too bright.  PotPlayer is too bright.  MPC-HC is too bright.

I could go on.  All of these are too bright and you've said so yourself right here at MSFN.

Sorry, but yeah, one HAS TO LAUGH whenever you say something is "too bright".

spacer.png

On 3/21/2024 at 10:59 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Supermium is too bright.  360Chrome is too bright.  MyPal 68 is too bright.  PotPlayer is too bright.  MPC-HC is too bright.

I could go on.  All of these are too bright and you've said so yourself right here at MSFN.

spacer.png

None of these programs you mentioned are "too bright" for me, fortunately. :buehehe:

4 hours ago, mina7601 said:

None of these programs you mentioned are "too bright" for me, fortunately. :buehehe:

It's not a software/programmes related topic.

On 3/21/2024 at 1:59 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

spacer.png

Blurays and films that are "remastered" by id*ots is nothing new. They are too bright and acid, agree. It's the same as those newly remastered audio CDs during the ear of loudness wars.

https://dr.loudness-war.info/

I just can't find the proper English jargon name for such releases. Brightness wars, maybe?

On 3/21/2024 at 1:59 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I could go on.

"Goldeneye, for me, was very disappointing. Very heavy DNR and edge enhancement!"

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=206339&page=4

Is @D.Draker at fault, again?:buehehe:

I felt like I had to watch Oppenheimer in view of all the Academy Awards it won earlier this month, but I was rather disappointed by the film. Why did filmmaker Christopher Nolan include brief sex scenes that caused Oppenheimer to be rated R in the U.S.? My theory: To discourage parents from bringing children to a very dull 3-hour movie that might give them nuclear nightmares. No wonder that Barbie (which I have not seen) made more money when the two films were in competition last summer. Call me a science fiction fan, but I still think Nolan’s best film was Interstellar starring Matthew McConaughey (2014). Here’s a link to an Oppenheimer trailer anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYPbbksJxIg

Season 1 of the Netflix series Wednesday is now available on Blu-ray and DVD. Unlike the Addams Family sitcom of the 1960s, I would describe this show as a drama, or perhaps comedy-drama since I do get a few laughs from Wednesday’s outrageous remarks. It was very successful and there will reportedly be a Season 2, but no date has been announced yet.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AWlVOMWt10

Edited by Vistapocalypse

The Messengers (2007)

An ominous darkness invades a seemingly serene sunflower farm in North Dakota, and the Solomon family is torn apart by suspicion, mayhem and murder.

Directors: Danny PangOxide and Chun Pang

Alien 2: On Earth (1980)

A spaceship lands back on Earth after a failed mission, but the astronauts have been replaced by hideous creatures that can penetrate people's bodies and make them explode. A group of cave explorers are attacked by the monsters inside an underground cave, but the survivors are in for a surprise when they finally manage to escape the trap...

Directors: Ciro IppolitoBiagio Proietti