The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

Life On Enceladus | NASA's Unexplained Files (6:47)

Researchers Have Just Found Signs Of Life On One Of Saturn's Moons (8:20)

A NEW PLAN FOR FINDING ALIEN LIFE ON ENCELADUS LOOKS AT USING ORBITAL SPACECRAFT

Here: https://thedebrief.org/a-new-plan-for-finding-alien-life-on-enceladus-looks-at-using-orbital-spacecraft/

NASA Rover Discovers Gemstone On Mars

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

A terrestrial opal from Australia. GETTY

A research team using new methods to analyze data from NASA's Curiosity, a rover operating on Mars since 2012, was able to independently verify that fracture halos contained opal, on Earth a gemstone formed by the alteration of silica by water.

The study finds that the vast subsurface fracture networks would have provided conditions that were potentially more habitable than those on the surface.

MORE: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbressan/2023/01/07/nasa-rover-discovers-gemstone-on-mars/?sh=7de9a1232335

21 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

He put it well, but there is a difference between being lonely and loneliness, like that gut burning feeling of all alone. To me, big difference between solitude and solace as I do enjoy  quiet time that wouldn't be possible with others drama, and even if not drama, just I need to focus 100% on myself most times.

I do appreciate the quiet time.

22 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I have missed out on a lot in 50 years, but to have had (hehe) those happen or I'd been in the 'right place - right time' / 'wrong place - wrong time' could have very well meant a different reality that I can not appreciate. I missed out a tons of sex looking back but I  might have gotten very sick had I taken up offers that presented as such. Love, well, brain chemicals. I decided later on that this is just how is was supposed to be and if one actually followed the holy bible you couldn't have sex before marriage anyway and marriage was not in "the cards" for me and I'm VERY VERY glad of this.

I got curious about sexuality and relationships out-of-the blue in my early 20s. Hard to explain, it simply lingers at the back of my mind. Now nearing the end of my 20s, I have a job where I interact with customers remotely. Kinda lame when you think about the fact most of your interactions with other people are those work-related, impersonal, nothing fun or special.

While on the other hand, I'm mostly still the same old me liking the same old solo activities as always.

23 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I'm not sure, would you be comfortable to give us just a little on what you feel you could be missing out on. If not, that is completely fine also.

I'm fascinated by simple things couples do together, eg. going for a walk somewhere nice, mini-golf, watching TV etc.

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Hard to explain, it simply lingers at the back of my mind. Now nearing the end of my 20s, I have a job where I interact with customers remotely. Kinda lame when you think about the fact most of your interactions with other people are those work-related, impersonal, nothing fun or special.I do appreciate the quiet time.

While on the other hand, I'm mostly still the same old me liking the same old solo activities as always.

I'm fascinated by simple things couples do together, eg. going for a walk somewhere nice, mini-golf, watching TV etc.

Gee ! I thought you were older, like 40+. So everything is ahead of you ! Don't speed things up, all is going according to plan.

And I got curious about sexuality in my early 10s. Maybe earlier. Got several girlfriends that obviously got old with time, whom I had to get rid of.

Had to give them money to rent their own places, yes, I'm very kind.

So don't be in a hurry, find someone much-much younger.

1 minute ago, XPerceniol said:

Would you believe if I allow my beard looks very much like that avatar from @legacyfan. I stopped and trim it now but I have grey mustache and almost white facial hair. Whom is that actually, do you know?

it's Gandalf the gray from the lord of the rings

I thought you were older also @UCyborg.

I don't know how it works, but, and I hear you need to pay for the good ones, but are dating sites a option.

I used to be on:

~~~I decided to remove the links to a dating site per request~~~

Trouble was (I say was as that was back in (maybe 2011 from recall and I can't locate my account on there so purged likely after time and I never payed and I was active in the forum) I was only looking for friendship, hard to explain, at that time I was looking for friendship without sex (I'm asexual) so strange but Why not try it, never know.

Edited by XPerceniol

46 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

I do appreciate the quiet time.

You mean you appreciate it when everything is silent at your place and there's no noise outside? Yeah, I also appreciate it, but sometimes.

Edited by mina7601