The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Please please please do not "focus" so heavily on "likes".

I wasn't focusing on likes or upvotes anyway, all what I said is that I can react normally to posts without any problems.

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

I wasn't focusing on likes or upvotes anyway, all what I said is that I can react normally to posts without any problems.

Me too...never "likes" problems... sometimes I change instantly  "Like" to "Upvote", that's all

Edited by msfntor

3 minutes ago, msfntor said:

- to YOU: Don't give up! Fight to the end! Do it all the way!.. 

"I would much rather be called a radical in a fight against evil than a moderate."

Here: https://notthebee.com/article/i-would-much-rather-be-called-a-radical-in-a-fight-against-evil-than-a-moderate

I will never give up! 

A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH COULD MEAN REALISTIC AUTONOMOUS BIRD-LIKE DRONES ARE ON THE HORIZON

BIRD_LIKE_IMAGE.jpgBIRD - LIKE image  Pixabay

The challenge to imitate nature’s gravity-defying designs has confounded some of the most brilliant engineering minds for at least the last 1,200 years. Specifically, designing a functional ornithopter–the technical term for an aircraft that flies by flapping its wings–has proven to be an exceptionally difficult task. 

Now, thanks to a recent breakthrough, the development of the world’s first true ornithopter and dexterous-winged unmanned aircraft, capable of flying and perching just like a bird, appears to be on the horizon. 

Researchers working with the European Union-funded GRIFFIN project recently demonstrated the ability of an ornithopter to fly, land, and perch on a tree branch using a talon-like claw system. All autonomously, without any additional in-flight input from a remote user. The achievement marks the first time a large-scale autonomous ornithopter has been able to perform this incredibly complicated maneuver. 

According to the GRIFFIN project, this recent breakthrough will pave the way for flapping-wing robots to perform a number of real-world applications, including long-range observation and logistics missions. 

DA_VINCI_BIRD_LIKE.jpg

Sketches of an early ornithopter design by Leonardo Da Vinci in 1488. (Image Source: Wikicommons)

MORE: https://thedebrief.org/a-major-breakthrough-could-mean-realistic-autonomous-bird-like-drones-are-on-the-horizon/

PHYSICS THINKTANK PROPOSES METHOD FOR DETECTING EXTRATERRESTRIAL SPACECRAFT USING GRAVITATIONAL WAVES

CHRISTOPHER PLAIN

DECEMBER 9, 2022

warp-speed-g6c27e7cb0_1280-RESIZE.jpg

An international team of scientists has written a paper outlining how humanity could detect extraterrestrial spacecraft using gravitational waves. Led by the privately-funded scientific thinktank Applied Physics, which includes over 30 member scientists from around the globe, and a pair of researchers from Carnegie Mellon University, including the Moore award winner, physics professor and associate dean Manfred Paulini, the new method involves using existing telescopes designed to measure gravitational waves to spot alien spacecraft traveling within the Milky Way galaxy.

“Our study of warp drives has paved the way for gravitational wave detection,” said Gianni Martire, CEO of Applied Physics, in a press release announcing the project. “This new method is not limited to the traditional range of electromagnetic signals; thus, we already have the ability to probe all 1011 stars in the Milky Way for warp drives, and soon, the ability to probe thousands of other galaxies.”...

MORE: https://thedebrief.org/physics-thinktank-proposes-method-for-detecting-extraterrestrial-spacecraft-using-gravitational-waves/

... ... ...

And in a twinkling, they were there… three kings… yet still afloat… their spirits in the ancient past… their bodies in the boat.

night-time-ocean-t5-1.jpg

Deep water was the resting place, more than a few had earned. Better the bottom of the sea, than cold ground, freshly turned.

Yet drowning did not haunt their dreams, for they believed in fate.Death knew your days, and that old pirate seized you, soon or late.

The men worked hard as waves grew rough;
a storm was on the way.
They needed to move quickly now
before the end of day.

From here: https://grannysuesnews.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-fisher-kings-winters-tale.html

Edited by msfntor