Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


JTB3

New Aero Glass Build 1.5.11

Recommended Posts


Nice, is there a changelog? the one on the website doesn't include 1.5.1.1 yet but so far it works fine :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did this change? could not get the changelog to load :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 10:51 AM, SkyySX said:

Nice, is there a changelog? the one on the website doesn't include 1.5.1.1 yet but so far it works fine :)

 

On 3/7/2019 at 12:31 PM, gitit20 said:

What did this change? could not get the changelog to load :)

Probably just like the latest experimental version without debug stuff. The old bugs I reported years ago related to caption rendering are still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UCyborg said:

 

Probably just like the latest experimental version without debug stuff. The old bugs I reported years ago related to caption rendering are still there.

I see, well I'm happy enough, the random Steam and other Aero Peek crashes are fixed for me! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SkyySX said:

I see, well I'm happy enough, the random Steam and other Aero Peek crashes are fixed for me! :D

For me, too. 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Didn't know what was status on those crashing bugs since nothing was said about them until now, so that's cool.

Well, those two still exist:

Interpreting HIWORD of TextGlowMode setting bug (acknowledged, but never fixed, it also didn't exist in older versions)

Bug with window caption centering with certain settings when window is re-sized

There's also a second issue with caption centering, for which I remember the author claiming it's not a bug (so must be a feature :dubbio:); if you set TextGlowMode to 1 and CenterCaption to 1, the glow is stretched over the entire title bar. Either way, addressing these would bring us closer to perfection. :)

Edited by UCyborg
Formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I replaced aerohost and DWMGlass with those from the .7z and all seems well so far.  Haven't seen a new crash after the update.  I did see several related to Taskbar Live Previews with the prior revision.

-Noel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, how come still no exp version for 1903 (18362)  ??? No one interested ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mikedigitize said:

Nope...

Why? Are there other programs that antagonize this? I don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 11:26 AM, Ronin2011 said:

Why? Are there other programs that antagonize this? I don't get it.

I hope to understand your question the right way:
Because it's beeing harder and harder for BigMuscle to keep Aeroglass working on Major Windows 10 releases. With every Windows Release Microsoft changed a couple of things which broke Aeroglass. Most of Aeroglass users keep waiting or stay the version which is working with Aeroglass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leveltrauma said:

I hope to understand your question the right way:
Because it's beeing harder and harder for BigMuscle to keep Aeroglass working on Major Windows 10 releases. With every Windows Release Microsoft changed a couple of things which broke Aeroglass. Most of Aeroglass users keep waiting or stay the version which is working with Aeroglass. 

Well we don't really know how hard it is, maybe he doesn't have time to spare anymore. who knows..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2019 at 9:25 PM, Ronin2011 said:

Well we don't really know how hard it is, maybe he doesn't have time to spare anymore. who knows..

It's anything but trivial, that's for sure.

I suspect what @mikedigitize meant when he said nope was that he wasn't interested in the new Windows build. I don't think Aero Glass compatibility alone is the biggest concern, Microsoft keeps breaking things left and right, stuff that should just work. When was the last time you've seen the empty known issues section in the cumulative updates changelogs? It's a rare sight. Plus the bugs that exist but aren't on those lists. :whistle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...