MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

Compatible hardware with Windows Vista

WinClient5270

• 2 months later...

AMD Radeon R4 works with Windows Vista. I got it successfully installed on my Acer Aspire A315-21 by plugging in the Vista USB to a 2.0 port. Can't seem to get the Windows 7 Radeon R4 graphics driver working under Vista. It does have an empty 6.0 section at the bottom if anyone wants to try and get them working.

Vista also works on my HP-f233wm. Had to install it through CD drive though USB was functional after the install was finished thanks to a generic USB driver someone built for it. This did not suffer the bug that affects Haswell and later. This looks like it uses an Intel Cherry Hill Celeron N3050 processor. Again, no clue on how to get the Intel Graphics working for this processor under Vista. 7 and later work just fine. If anyone wants to try it, be my guest. I should note that if the laptop comes with Realtek Ethernet, there are still Vista drivers for it if you google Realtek insert driver name here Ethernet.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, Osman Kovan said:

I modified the 372.70 to run GTX 1050 Ti. I just took NT6.1 entries and name entries from 391.35 INF's and added to the according INF files (there are 3 plus INF files on 391.35 version but it doesn't effect anything. You can add these 3 INF files to the 372.70 but i didn't tested installer with that 3 INF files). If you didn't take name entries from the 391.35, GTX 1050 Ti will be shown as "NVIDIA DEV 1C82" or something. Aero is working and i even played a 4K without any lag. But when i played GTA San Andreas it gives 5-10 FPS. So, GTX 1050 Ti just functions like other GTX 1060/70/80. If you want that INF files, i can upload the files.

Are you able to upload the INF files? I know this is an old post so it's ok if you cant

Edited by win_mojave
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 5:22 PM, win_mojave said:

Are you able to upload the INF files? I know this is an old post so it's ok if you cant

Yup, I have these INF files. I can upload anywhere you want. Let me prepare a readme, and then I upload file where you want.

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2021 at 5:22 PM, win_mojave said:

From now on, I uploaded file to the Google Drive. You can tell me where I can upload the file later.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfKfWJ4X-DCePEqksK_GwF4kPjY9opW5/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Osman Kovan
  • Like 1