[VESA]UniGFX Graphics Driver

Dibya

For Some time I am working on a universal VESA Graphics driver with hardware acceleration for XP.

It is based on Reactos Source code and some other from Winddk2003 

I am trying to add Direct Draw support Please some one can help me.

here is initial release of the driver .

This Is a generic vesa video driver with full blown Frame Buffer .

https://mega.nz/#!cygRBArB!IeSwlKru_A9zqPBIjQfRcZqW_L_jUJ3Naw0fHPhSE1k

Warning : This driver in alpha so far from perfect

I have grabbed minport directly compiled from Reactos . any one can help me to build that with Winddk2003?

I have used frame buffer from Winddk2003 source code .

I want to remove VGA min port only just want to keep vbe min port any one can help me customizing inf? how can i add device name like Intel HD 630? 

planned features :-

*DirectDraw support

*DirectX9 Support(Generic one for common application)

*OpenGl Support(Where can i get opengl icd?)

*Power Management (APM)

*Brightness Control(Very Essential )

*Improvement to frame buffer for more better performance.

*A control panel applet to adjust resolution , brightness etc

*Vulkan Api Support (Where to start with ?)

*15-bpp support

*VESA 3.0 Support

*USWC

Please help me . I believe this project will be very helpful 

Edited by Dibya

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

Nice features.

Maybe a list of "current" features AND a compiled, working, installable, testable *something* with those "current" features will make the project at least Alpha.

The .7z file you pointed at seem only part of the source code from MS and from ReactOS  (and mixing them is usually not a very good idea when it comes to licensing).

jaclaz

This could be useful for running XP on newer hardware where no XP-native drivers don't exist (newer Kaby Lake or whatever, for instance).

Any chance something like this could be made for XP 64-bit?

c

5 hours ago, cc333 said:

This could be useful for running XP on newer hardware where no XP-native drivers don't exist (newer Kaby Lake or whatever, for instance).

Any chance something like this could be made for XP 64-bit?

c

I can compile for x64

These are great news Dibya. Currently Using a Bay-Trail M computer with windows 7 because I cannt find drivers for vista or XP. I cannt get XP installed on this machine due to BSOD duirng install.. but vista works perfect and smoother than 7. Only video drivers are missing, so Ill be glad to give a try to your driver when ready.

About brightness, yeah it is a must!!! The new LED screens are very brighty and it hurts your eyes

Edited by Kmuland

On 1/2/2018 at 11:46 AM, Dibya said:

For Some time I am working on a universal VESA Graphics driver with hardware acceleration for XP.

It is based on Reactos Source code and some other from Winddk2003 

I am trying to add Direct Draw support Please some one can help me.

here is initial release of the driver .

This Is a generic vesa video driver with full blown Frame Buffer .

https://mega.nz/#!cygRBArB!IeSwlKru_A9zqPBIjQfRcZqW_L_jUJ3Naw0fHPhSE1k

Warning : This driver in alpha so far from perfect

I have grabbed minport directly compiled from Reactos . any one can help me to build that with Winddk2003?

I have used frame buffer from Winddk2003 source code .

I want to remove VGA min port only just want to keep vbe min port any one can help me customizing inf? how can i add device name like Intel HD 630? 

*DirectDraw support

*DirectX9 Support(Generic one for common application)

*OpenGl Support(Where can i get opengl icd?)

*Power Management (APM)

*Brightness Control(Very Essential )

*Improvement to frame buffer for more better performance.

*A control panel applet to adjust resolution , brightness etc

*Vulkan Api Support (Where to start with ?)

*15-bpp support

*VESA 3.0 Support

*USWC

Please help me . I believe this project will be very helpful 

Good Job and good luck,this will be a good thing to have for windows 2k/xp/vista

On 11/01/2018 at 3:47 PM, Kmuland said:

These are great news Dibya. Currently Using a Bay-Trail M computer with windows 7 because I cannt find drivers for vista or XP. I cannt get XP installed on this machine due to BSOD duirng install.. but vista works perfect and smoother than 7. Only video drivers are missing, so Ill be glad to give a try to your driver when ready.

About brightness, yeah it is a must!!! The new LED screens are very brighty and it hurts your eyes

May I know which BSOD error code you are getting during the install?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 7/16/2023 at 3:46 PM, Methanoid said:

@Dibya  came here via Google hoping for some clever solution... Did you dump project?

Unfortunately i did lot of internal studies and i can hopefully say i understand XP's Graphics architecture properly but their something, their future plan for MESA based driver for AMD & Intel GPU/IGPU,

but for now use https://bearwindows.zcm.com.au/vbemp.htm

3 hours ago, Dibya said:

Unfortunately i did lot of internal studies and i can hopefully say i understand XP's Graphics architecture properly but their something, their future plan for MESA based driver for AMD & Intel GPU/IGPU,

but for now use https://bearwindows.zcm.com.au/vbemp.htm

I did a lot of internal (and also external) studies of your sentence and (unfortunately) cannot make heads or tails of it.

Care to explain in plainer English what you mean?

The essence seems to me "There are no news on the project. No progresses I can report, nothing available, not even an early alpha, not any roadmap, let alone an expected release date ", but I may well be wrong.

JFYI, after January 2018 a new rule was added, rule #4.e (for the record around November 2019), which may apply to recent posts:

https://msfn.org/board/guidelines/

jaclaz

11 hours ago, jaclaz said:

I did a lot of internal (and also external) studies of your sentence and (unfortunately) cannot make heads or tails of it.

Care to explain in plainer English what you mean?

The essence seems to me "There are no news on the project. No progresses I can report, nothing available, not even an early alpha, not any roadmap, let alone an expected release date ", but I may well be wrong.

JFYI, after January 2018 a new rule was added, rule #4.e (for the record around November 2019), which may apply to recent posts:

https://msfn.org/board/guidelines/

jaclaz

Mocking someone's English, Sorry to break it to you sir i am not a native speaker.

If you wish to finish it , kindly PM me , i will give the source.

VBEMP-NT exist , a similar product, my point is their no point for re engineering wheel so the project moved to full HW accelerated MESA based driver for future.

More you can read here https://github.com/JHRobotics/mesa9x

As i said their no plan for now,

Edited by Dibya

What is the performance of the Bear Windows driver? Is it similar to Windows XP without any driver and very slow? In the standard deviaton list it days that you can't use resolutions higher than 800*600 on either Intel 7/8 or GeForce 5xxx and newer ones, and even less on Intel 845/915, which significantly limits the driver's usefulness with the most common video adapters. I do remember that ATi had a limited DOS memory on the X550, but GeForce 6200 was still good.

Dibya, it is not at all a problem with your English, I am not a native speaker as well (which creates a nice, symmetrical situation), the issue is with the info that you post that are vague, confusing and possibly falsely creating expectations.

I am happy that you now understand Xp's graphic architecture, but if you are not going to produce and release anything, it is of little use to anyone else.

What has to do someone else's project (seemingly aimed to 9x and virtual machines) with NT/XP with your project?

jaclaz