Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

spacequakes

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:
23 hours ago, mina7601 said:

So, what you are trying to say is, it doesn't matter to you anymore if you are an old customer or not, right?

Dear @AstroSkipper, why did you ignore this question? I asked it to ensure if I understood correctly what you said or not. Please respond. Thank you.

That comment was actually not meant for you. And a member here will probably decide for himself whether certain contributions require a statement or not. BTW, I never try to say anything, but I say it as clearly as possible, in most cases even crystal clearlyalbert.gif 
Regarding your reply I didn't say it doesn't matter to me generally, but in most cases it doesn't matter completely to the companies where I am or was a customer. And that has already been the case for a long time, unfortunately. It used to be different, but you can't understand that because of your age.smilie_denk_24.gif 
Apart from that, this is all completely off-topic again. We want to move on here. Content that would serve the topic here would be much more important and appreciated. :cool:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

but you can't understand that because of your age.smilie_denk_24.gif 

Yes, I admit that I myself am not so knowledgeable about these stuff, so, sorry if i ask a lot of questions about it. But, I am willing to know new stuff, hence the "Where People Go To Know" shown at the MSFN logo at the very top left of this website! But again, I still thank you for explaining it a bit to me.

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Apart from that, this is all completely off-topic again. We want to move on here. Content that would serve the topic here would be much more important and appreciated. :cool:

Yes, I agree, we've went off-topic too much on this topic, and I am sorry for that. I will promise you that from now on, I will try not to be off-topic again.

But, 1 last OT question (and I really promise I will try not to be off-topic any further than this): Can you please tell me where do you get these emojis? I mean emojis like: (the cursor dragging smiley to recycle bin, shrugging smile, etc.), which you put in your posts. I tried looking them up myself online, but I couldn't find anything. Thank you very much. (If you don't want to answer it here in this topic, it's ok, you can answer by PM instead)

Edited by mina7601

18 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Nicely worded!:buehehe:

And, did you already test Vir.IT eXplorer? I am interested in your results. :P

Thanks, yeah it had to be said, I'm tired of that trio of users saying hi to each other every day and then placing each other upvotes for their ego-boost, it looks very silly and spammy ! I used the Italian antivirus on my girfriend. She is my testing grounds. The amount of time it was used is very short. but I can say it's very light-weight, I know for sure because she runs on a very cheap Pentium CPU I bought for her on sale for 45 Euros in 2017. Pentium G(smth) - Kaby lake with fake cores. The one they use in office machines only.

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Thanks, yeah it had to be said, I'm tired of that trio of users saying hi to each other every day and then placing each other upvotes for their ego-boost, it looks very silly and spammy !

Yep, I think so too. :P

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I used the Italian antivirus on my girfriend. She is my testing grounds. The amount of time it was used is very short. but I can say it's very light-weight, I know for sure because she runs on a very cheap Pentium CPU I bought for her on sale for 45 Euros in 2017. Pentium G(smth) - Kaby lake with fake cores. The one they use in office machines only.

I give every functioning antivirus or anti-malware program a chance without prejudice. Under Windows XP and Vista, we can no longer be so choosy for lack of alternatives. Subjective sensitivities must be left aside. I had already read that Vir.IT eXplorer Lite is actually very resource-saving and lightweight. Good to hear it's true. I will definitely try it out soon. ssuper5sur5.gif

In terms of Protegent Antivirus, there is a review on Softpedia: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Protegent-Anti-Virus.shtml 
To be honest, I never heard of this program before, though. But it seems indeed to be XP-compatible and quite well known in India (and probably in other eastern countries).
Anyway! Another option which has to be checked more deeply. g030.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Off-topic

14 hours ago, mina7601 said:

But, 1 last OT question (and I really promise I will try not to be off-topic any further than this): Can you please tell me where do you get these emojis? I mean emojis like: (the cursor dragging smiley to recycle bin, shrugging smile, etc.), which you put in your posts. I tried looking them up myself online, but I couldn't find anything. Thank you very much. (If you don't want to answer it here in this topic, it's ok, you can answer by PM instead)

I got them from everywhere in the internet by using the Google search engine. I don't have concrete links for you at the moment though, but you will find them easily on different websites. Use "smileys animated" instead of "emojis" as your search string! However, I thought you are experienced in researching sources. :dubbio:

End of off-topic!

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I had already read that Vir.IT eXplorer Lite is actually very resource-saving and lightweight. Good to hear it's true. I will definitely try it out soon. ssuper5sur5.gif

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

In terms of Protegent Antivirus, ...
Anyway! Another option which has to be checked more deeply. g030.gif

Testing all these programs is always a bit problematic for me. I don't use VMs and always install the software to be tested in my real Windows XP partition. But that means only one at a time to rule out possible conflicts or incompatibilities. Therefore, it all takes much longer and is also a little more difficult. smilie_denk_24.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper putercatf.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Use "smileys animated" instead of "emojis"

Thank you very much! I found the links.

PS: I am experienced in researching sources, but not with all of them though, unfortunately.

Here, I ended the off-topic, as you wanted me to do.

Edited by mina7601

In terms of compatibility between protection programs, I can confirm that Malwarebytes Premium v3.5.1 is not compatible with either Avast Premier 18.8 or Panda Dome 22.00.00. However, there should be no problems with Malwarebytes Free v3.5.1, as it does not have real-time protection.

internet07h.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

SpywareBlaster is not an antivirus program. It doesn't have a scan engine and all the features which are typically for AV programs. It cannot detect and certainly not delete viruses or malware. 
ordi09.gif
SpywareBlaster is a tool that tries to prevent prophylactically the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, dialers, browser hijackers, and other potentially unwanted programs, but only in supported browsers. So SpywareBlaster is a kind of additional security layer or immunizer for browsers. It updates its protection database on a monthly base and still does of today. On my  Windows XP computer, its program window unfortunately produces an error since version 5 when closing. I use it for many years especially to immunize the Internet Explorer, but it doesn't support our @roytam1's browsers or 360Chrome, unfortunately. albert.gif

11 hours ago, mina7601 said:

I found an antivirus that is compatible with XP, its name is SpywareBlaster. The latest version, which is 6.0, is XP-compatible. More information about the antivirus here: https://www.brightfort.com/spywareblaster.html

@mina7601! It would be desirable if research were carried out a little more deeply and in accordance with the facts. Such statements are otherwise rather misleading. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

8 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

@mina7601! It would be desirable if research were carried out a little more deeply and in accordance with the facts.

@AstroSkipper Sorry, I wrote my post at night, so I was very tired and couldn't do this. This is also the first time I do a research, so, sorry if it has mistakes, but, don't worry, I will try to do this from now on, and I promise it! But I hope one thing: that you aren't offended. Please understand that I never try to offend you in any way.

Edited by mina7601

10 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

SpywareBlaster ...
On my  Windows XP computer, its program window unfortunately produces an error since version 5 when closing.

I have just opened the program again, and the error when closing the program window seems to have disappeared. Possibly an incompatibility with another program or module. In the last few days, I have uninstalled various useless programs and cleaned up a few errors. PasserAspirateur.gif Maybe a reason! :dubbio: Anyway! Now, my main Windows XP partition is almost error-free. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper