Simple XP 32BIT 64Gb RAM (true Pae) Guide

liquidLD

17 minutes ago, ruthan said:

There machines with lazy BIOS memory areas implementation, like my X99 MSI board, where you dont have after XP 32 installation typical - 2.8, 3.5 GB of avalaible RAM, only in 9xx MB - and it that case is such patch necesary, because otherwise after you install typical set of resident apps for poweruser you end in constant swapping and imposibility to execute apps.

Its same with Vista and Windows 7 32bit.. but there even doesnt exist such patches.. Jokes is that those OS are official on paper supported.. I have not energy to contact official support and force them to make proper bios..

Good point about the BIOS. I recently obtained a Gigabyte X99 motherboard and it was using the first BIOS version and was limited to 1873MB for 32-bit. Flashing to the current version allows 2910MB. I actually just got through emailing their tech support requesting better optimization of the BIOS MMIO for 32-bit. Probably won't get anywhere but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm only really interested in the possibility of memory-hungry programs like Adobe Premiere Pro being able to use more of my available memory when running on XP.
However, as the program itself is 32 bit, would it be able to access more that 3GB of RAM anyway, even with the operating system patch applied?
:dubbio:

12 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Thanks, I hope Dibya will come back and say exactly what has to be done with his patch.
I use USB a lot on my system, so I don't want to risk anything that might compromise the stability of that function, and Dibya reckons he's cracked that issue.
:)

12 hours ago, dencorso said:

My friends, IMO it's not mature yet. In any case, please do read this thread. With 8 GiB one can create a RAMDISK and then put the swapfile in it, the rest can be used to hold the Temporary Internet Files, and the caches for FF, Opera and Chrome: and it'll get auto cleaned up at every reboot. :yes:

My dear people I fixed lots of issues for sure . You need to check whether it works for you . I moved 80% hal code from server 200 and few other from server 2008 . 

Dave please wait new patch is coming with acpi fix .

Now just wait .

How about 3GB per process switch, i patch tutorial isnt used 3GB per process switch, its recommanded use it with PAE patch?

I dont want to be more rude that usually (im goal oriented:), but what about my logs comparision, could be problematic driver pointed?

Edited by ruthan

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

My dear people I fixed lots of issues for sure . You need to check whether it works for you . I moved 80% hal code from server 200 and few other from server 2008 . 

Dave please wait new patch is coming with acpi fix .

Now just wait .

Thanks, I'll hold fire for a while then.
:)

Lets do some research:
I wonder if someone with working this patch, are using Vmware and Virtualbox on that machine, because both has lots of virtual drivers? There could be my problem.. 

8 hours ago, ruthan said:

Lets do some research:
I wonder if someone with working this patch, are using Vmware and Virtualbox on that machine, because both has lots of virtual drivers? There could be my problem.. 

I am using Virtual Box NO problem either 

• 2 weeks later...

Other possible evil driver which is on all non working machine with the patch ASMEDIA SATA driver? Do use someone it with patch and do have actually some device connected on it? I would be first thing which would be problematic with this controller..

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Just_AHD said:

Any replies?

Replies to what?

These patches are known to work perfectly (or at least good enough)  on some setups and to not work or work unreliably on some others.

You posted that it doesn't work on your machine.

There could be tens of reasons why the patches don't work, including among them an improper install/setup, some of these may be solvable, some may well not.

Without any detail (EXACT hardware involved, EXACT patch/files used, DETAILED description of the way they were installed/setup, etc., etc.) apart:

On 18/9/2017 at 5:58 PM, Just_AHD said:

Doesn't work on Windows XP Home Edition SP3.

It gives me ntoskrnl.exe is corrupted or missing error.

what did you expect? :unsure:

jaclaz

4 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Without any detail (EXACT hardware involved, EXACT patch/files used, DETAILED description of the way they were installed/setup, etc., etc.) apart:

On 9/18/2017 at 12:58 PM, Just_AHD said:

Doesn't work on Windows XP Home Edition SP3.

It gives me ntoskrnl.exe is corrupted or missing error.

what did you expect? :unsure:

What part of EXACT info did you fail to understand? :unsure:

37 minutes ago, dencorso said:

What part of EXACT info did you fail to understand? :unsure:

Didn't fail to understand, It just gets stuck on ntoskrnl.exe is corrupted or missing, I did everything correct, My Windows is located on D: hard drive.

Edited by Just_AHD