Latest Version of Software Running on XP

pointertovoid

On 7/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, I41Mar said:

To user57.

on my old laptop with Dothan processor PC (SSE2 support), OS: WinXP SP2 system,
the title of the files are displayed, the toolbar is dislplayed also.:)
The version of your compiled program appears 3.2.1.
SumatraPDF Version 3.3 was released on July 6th, could you kindly release a similar version compatible with WinXP (SP2)?
Thank you for your time and for your commitment.:thumbup

I41Mar

here it goes:

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14658807/SumatraPDF3.3.zip.html

the sumatra author has added a the jpeg XR format

it doesnt look to bad when you compare jpg. jpg2000, orginal, jxr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG_XR#/media/File:Comparison_between_JPEG,_JPEG_2000_and_JPEG_XR.png

there is a .jxr file in the zip file nearby

On 8/8/2021 at 10:50 AM, ED_Sln said:

GPU-Z.2.41.0 does not work, no errors, just does not start anything. GPU-Z.2.40.0 works well.

I queried this on the GPU-Z forum as there's no mention in the 2.41 changelog of XP compatibility being withdrawn.
One of their mods said that XP was still supported, and would be "for as long as possible".
I unpacked the 2.41 file with Universal Extractor, and when I run the unpacked version I get the message "The helper module .NET Framework 4.6 could not be found" so I guess that's the problem. I don't think .NET 4.6 is available for XP.
I've made them aware of this.
Whether they can fix this, and will, remains to be seen.
:)
Addition - Also I'm getting in the Windows System Event Log "Application popup: GPU-Z 2.41.0_unpacked.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point AcquireSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL."

Edited by Dave-H
Addition

This from the GPU-Z developer.
"Grrrr .. all I did was update my Visual Studio 2019 version to the latest, without touching the compiler (still using v141_xp). But apparently they made some change that uses this API call*, which isn't available on Windows XP. Will search for a solution."

*AcquireSRWLockExclusive

To user57.

on my old laptop with Dothan processor PC (SSE2 support), OS: WinXP SP2 32 bit system:
the program runs OK :yes:(in my limited performed test), the title of the files are displayed, the toolbar is dislplayed also, I can also edit and save annotations, but only when I try to open the provided jpeg XR format file, SumatraPDF shows the following error message 'error loading .../jxr_jpeg_test.jxr'.
The version of your compiled program appears 3.3.
In a Win 10 64 bit system, instead, your compiled program can open the provided jpeg XR format file (jxr_jpeg_test.jxr).

Thank you very much!:thumbup

I41Mar

11 hours ago, Dave-H said:

This from the GPU-Z developer.
"Grrrr .. all I did was update my Visual Studio 2019 version to the latest, without touching the compiler (still using v141_xp). But apparently they made some change that uses this API call*, which isn't available on Windows XP. Will search for a solution."

*AcquireSRWLockExclusive

thats what they actually did:

there is something called CRT (c runtime)

in the past that barly did anything or even was not used

the files can be shown in visual studio, and i wrote thembackwards (there is no coding error from my side here) but actually visual studio has this file cached, stored, buildin

and do not use my changed files

for example i also deleted that function from defition in windows files (and still that CRT still used that function)

france had a similiar problem, but he refused to write this in microsoft forums

while other said we shouldnt try microsoft knows that (well still some should not lead away instead you should try it anyways neither what microsoft then actually do)

this C RunTime then import that functions even if your code is not using that functions

8 hours ago, I41Mar said:

To user57.

on my old laptop with Dothan processor PC (SSE2 support), OS: WinXP SP2 32 bit system:
the program runs OK :yes:(in my limited performed test), the title of the files are displayed, the toolbar is dislplayed also, I can also edit and save annotations, but only when I try to open the provided jpeg XR format file, SumatraPDF shows the following error message 'error loading .../jxr_jpeg_test.jxr'.
In a Win 10 64 bit system, instead, your compiled program can open the provided jpeg XR format file (jxr_jpeg_test.jxr).

I41Mar

thats interesting

do it open png ?

here are jpg, jpg2000, png, jpgxr

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14659681/jpgtests.zip.html

xp-machine.jpg

To user57.
Your wish is my command..., Sir;)

On my old laptop with Dothan processor PC (SSE2 support), OS: WinXP SP2 32 bit system, your compiled SumatraPDF program version 3.3.0 can open the provided *.jpg, *.png, *.jpf, BUT NOT the *.jxr file (image_2021_08_09T10_36_46_079Z*.* files come from your 'jpgtests.zip' downloaded archive)
On a Win 10 64 bit system, instead, your compiled SumatraPDF program version 3.3.0 can open all the provided *.jpg, *.png, *.jpf, *.jxr files (image_2021_08_09T10_36_46_079Z*.* files come from your 'jpgtests.zip' downloaded archive).

Thank you kindly, Sir.

I41Mar

Edited by I41Mar

4 hours ago, user57 said:

thats what they actually did:

there is something called CRT (c runtime)

in the past that barly did anything or even was not used

the files can be shown in visual studio, and i wrote thembackwards (there is no coding error from my side here) but actually visual studio has this file cached, stored, buildin

and do not use my changed files

for example i also deleted that function from defition in windows files (and still that CRT still used that function)

france had a similiar problem, but he refused to write this in microsoft forums

while other said we shouldnt try microsoft knows that (well still some should not lead away instead you should try it anyways neither what microsoft then actually do)

this C RunTime then import that functions even if your code is not using that functions

Thanks, I've referred the GPU-Z dev to that thread to see if it helps.
At least he will know that he's not the only one having this problem!

Hi

14 hours ago, I41Mar said:

To user57.

I41Mar

No problem with sumatra xp 3.3 and .jxr on x86 xpsp2 :)

thumb.php?s=047e4

I don't know why in my Win XP SP2 system Sumatra PDF V3.3.0 compiled by user57 gives me an error only when I try to open the .jxr file (for me, however, this is not really a problem and the program is fine and very useful - thank you user57:)). For the sake of completeness I provide a screenshot of the error.
I just wanted to use the program and to possibly give my (limited) contribution.
Maybe the error message depends on my very outdated Win XP SP2 system:blushing:.
Best regards from Italy.
I41Mar

Error-jxr.JPG

On 8/11/2021 at 12:27 AM, I41Mar said:

To user57.

I41Mar

i saw the sumatra author already made a 3.3.3 version

the code to apply was easy there was no big differens

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14660525/3.3.3.zip.html

i wrote you a personal message you might could try what i wrote if thats the problem

a other solution would be a direct contact and look where the code actually really fails

the message is multiple times in the sumatra pdf code,  cant make the conclusion only with that (that message is also not directly at the load of the the jpg files, it also would have failed at a different spot)

that release is new enough i think the latest compatible version was in 2015 now its 08/2021

the 3.3.3 version is from 07/2021 while windows 11 is from 06/2021, the compiler version 16.10 is also 07/2021

HI

LibreOffice no longer works on X86 XP SP2 for several years with version 4.4.3.2 and 5.4.7.2 for XP 3. I updated "Apache Open-Office" version 2021- 4.1.10 that always works on X86 XP SP2 :thumbup. In comparisons between the two "Office" they do not indicate that Apache Open-Office is always compatible with XP SP2, unlike "LibreOffice" which in its latest versions requests the minimum Windows 7.:no:

https://comparisons.financesonline.com/apache-openoffice-vs-libreoffice

On 8/20/2021 at 6:57 AM, Greyfox77 said:

Other than Zoom, are there any other video conferencing programs that support XP? Mypal does not support web apps and the modified version of 360 is unstable.

I don't know about programs, but maybe you can try Google Meet web service, Google Duo or Skype. I haven't tried any of them so I'm not sure if they work.

Cheers.