Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.1

5 minutes ago, bigmuscle said:

Yes, this settings, but do not forget that you must scroll this window down to see additional options ;-)

Yes I know, there is few settings, but nothing I change can help, there is only always one color active - white.

Unless I am missing something obvious here, this might be bug in 1.5.1 ? Can you please provide 1.5 version so I can test and see ? I cant find it on the internet...

29 minutes ago, bigmuscle said:

Nope, it is not debug - it is Windows 10 function that it does not colour the titlebar if you don't enable it.

I figured it out :) Like I said, I DID try all the options including "Show color on title bar". It DID NOT work, like I said, why would I lie ? :)

However solution is to change color AFTER enabling "show color on title bar". Thats it. When I was having problem, I just enabled option, see it didn't help, and disable it again, since I didn't like solid colors on metro apps.

Anyways, thanks for your help, I wouldn't figure it out if you didn't point to that option, so I started playing with it again :)

Edited by rpglord

3 hours ago, rpglord said:

However solution is to change color AFTER enabling "show color on title bar". Thats it. When I was having problem, I just enabled option, see it didn't help, and disable it again, since I didn't like solid colors on metro apps.

Interesting, I must check whether Win10 sends notification when this option is changed.

First of all I would like to congratulate the excellent work!

Although Aeroglass is not 100% complete! He was impeccable. As we are in the process of testing and refinement, our experience will be shared with version 1.5.1:

https://mega.nz/#!84g2lboI!tZmrBPeZygv2aHaIDgunCpqucg1ymWv1qf3FeLZLzYE

For us it was all with only "initava color" !? The group "mistake" ... if something is wrong, we do not know how to solve! We are "OldNewExplorer 1.1.8" .... While at the "bug" of not centering the title, in the windows of programs and explorer worked without problem in version 1.5 "Aeroglass"!

Thanks for replying in the request revizar the "AeroGlassGUI.exe" however on something "wrong" in the link downloads !?

One in the old version! This down in the new version!

http://glass8.eu/files/AeroGlassGUI-2016-10-02.7z

"The StartIsBack ++ 1.4, returned with the same problem! If the menu node is" modern "the ibrido" Metro ", the start button when the modified skine! Show the classic menu is possible to the Borao by a Click!
We already have an earlier post, warning the patient, including a clever corm paste all "orbs"!
We hope that the "AeroGlassGUI.exe" and the next version of StartIsBack, are in the harmonize to speak the same concept of programming! In the same focus. "

Thank you for paying attention to our mesagem!

Edivan Baptista, São Paulo, Brazil.

"I'm sorry the mess! Not quite mastered the language! In Brazil, our language is Portuguese! We admire all programs!
A big hug!"

*************************************************************************************************************

"I activated the colors, the" title "... Choose a new" color "to the title bar ... And finally activated!
Thank you very much! "

Edited by Edivan Baptista

2 hours ago, Edivan Baptista said:

"The StartIsBack ++ 1.4, returned with the same problem! If the menu node is" modern "the ibrido" Metro ", the start button when the modified skine! Show the classic menu is possible to the Borao by a Click!
We already have an earlier post, warning the patient, including a clever corm paste all "orbs"!
We hope that the "AeroGlassGUI.exe" and the next version of StartIsBack, are in the harmonize to speak the same concept of programming! In the s

I don't understand what is your problem with Starlsback and Start button, I use the version 1.4 and it works perfect, could you explain a little better? if possible with an image

Edited by carlitosoo555

Aero Glass is Win8.1 + v1.5.1

Now yes! my friends and hyper creative "Developers!

We understand the reason of the changes ... You are correct! They are mirroring the standard Windows 10!

https://mega.nz/#!cs5EXJra!iGA9uZ9fwHLyTnt10IdWbzYeRweEgoCyvSuHHYMP5FA

... If the colors Titles bar the windows of programs and Explorer ... "There is activated!" ... We will not have color in the title bar! Will be the standard Windows 10 (The Color White), as AeroGlass is on! The bars are levimente "Transparent because of the color" White ".

We Particularly, like most of the first approach ... On the settings menu of one "color" ... or the whole window white color! Or black!

We suggest the two option! ... When the "ModernFrame.dll" is comcluido, we know that we will need to enable "the colors of the title bar" to the new modern menus (configuration etc.) can display colors in the title bar of the window with the help of ModernFrame.dll .

"If someone does not entedu how to enable the colors of the window title bars!
.... Open the Settings Menu, Customize, colors ... Activate the "colors" of the title bar of the "window"! And choose a new color! ... And Ready is on. . "

Edited by Edivan Baptista

Apps are indeed Microsoft's "fault".

Literally years of development (don't forget, Apps came out with Win 8) and the ONLY "useful" Apps so far seem to be actual Win32 applications with their own flat looking control libraries that make them look App-like.   An example is O&O ShutUp10.  They want them to look "modern" but need to actually work.

OO_1.png

Others that come to mind are Visual Studio, recent Office versions.

The trouble with these is that even with Big Muscle's ModernFrame DLL the borders aren't restored and the title can't be made translucent.

So indeed, this flat, lifeless fad has led to an inability to go back, or even to restore functionality through tweaks and augmentation.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

It's such a shame.  It's almost as if Microsoft planned their own demise as the OS-supplier of choice for non-Mac people.

Vista Ultimate was, in my opinion, the last great OS.   Pity one couldn't just settle for an OS and keep it forever....safely.
I upgraded mine to 7 Ultimate and regretted it, however, it's easy to carry forward Vista features to that OS.   Above that it gets harder and harder.

I'd settle for 10 over 8.1 any day but why they made it so plain and drab looking and so unfriendly (as in Windows Updates and many other settings) only they know.

Edited by Ex_Brit

4 hours ago, NoelC said:

Apps are indeed Microsoft's "fault".

Literally years of development (don't forget, Apps came out with Win 8) and the ONLY "useful" Apps so far seem to be actual Win32 applications with their own flat looking control libraries that make them look App-like.   An example is O&O ShutUp10.  They want them to look "modern" but need to actually work.

Others that come to mind are Visual Studio, recent Office versions.

The trouble with these is that even with Big Muscle's ModernFrame DLL the borders aren't restored and the title can't be made translucent.

So indeed, this flat, lifeless fad has led to an inability to go back, or even to restore functionality through tweaks and augmentation.

-Noel

3 hours ago, Ex_Brit said:

It's such a shame.  It's almost as if Microsoft planned their own demise as the OS-supplier of choice for non-Mac people.

Vista Ultimate was, in my opinion, the last great OS.   Pity one couldn't just settle for an OS and keep it forever....safely.
I upgraded mine to 7 Ultimate and regretted it, however, it's easy to carry forward Vista features to that OS.   Above that it gets harder and harder.

I'd settle for 10 over 8.1 any day but why they made it so plain and drab looking and so unfriendly (as in Windows Updates and many other settings) only they know.

I think those complaints would fit better in this topic:

Since version 1.5.1 the colorization with the new GUI not works to me. With version 1.5.0 it worked, but after a system restart the colors always back an default (black) color.

So with 1.5 I can change the colors (Accent color tab in GUI), but it's just works until next system restart, but with 1.5.1 this is absolutely not working.

Anyway I think the modernframe.dll & UxTSB.dll not works too, leastwise I cann't see any difference with this dlls...

Win10 x64 14393.321

What could be the reason?

Edited by Batka