License restriction complaints and questions

adacom

i do not take issue with much of that - i asked a question - i think that question reasonable considering your licencing model of locking Aeroglass to hardware - imo a lock to the motherboard is enough but you dont see it like that so we disagree

As I said before, any licensing model will never fit to anyone, some model is better, some is worse... locking to MB could be better, maybe, but the change is actually not needed at all, because it is only very small specific sample of users where HDD-lock does not fit.

And I can even bet that if lock to MB only, soon or later, there will come some user complaining that he needs to change his MB twice a day.

again i dont take issue - i asked a question based on my needs and what i saw as over the top protection - you are not going to change anything as is you right so lets agree to disagree and leave it

How often do you switch out motherboards, and/or hard drives?  Why do you continue to complain about a perfectly valid licensing model?

you need to read back - i change HDD's on a couple of laptops on a regular basis - i buy and sell used HDD's - they are all tested over time - so its a pain - i prefer not to see the popup and watermark so locking to a harddrive is not good and i argue not needed - but i am now accused of creating a false problem - aka i lie 

M$ seel an OS - this is a penny bit of software - good software but not in the same league as an OS - its the only software i know or use with this model of payment apart from an OS - not needed - put a price on a license and sell them - i point you to StartisBack - same idea - perfectly normal license agreement - what is different here i have no idea - however its stated its about money flow - maybe BM thinks he will generate more this way

Actually you HAVE created a false problem.  You do not need to use bigmuscle's software to test hard drives.  Even if you want to use his software in your tests, and you definitely don't need to, there is nothing wrong with a watermark, or pop-up.  You will still be fully capable of doing any testing you need with the watermark.  You are just going on, and on, and wasting people's valuable time about your fabricated problems.  You may not be a liar, but you definitely are a complainer, and a time waster.

i see - you want your desktop to look as you want it - add this or that to give you your look but i am complainer and time waster for wanting the same - the HDD i am testing usually lives in my laptop for a few days at least and if its an expensive one a week or more - i like things as i want them as you do so please dont tell me what i should or should not see on the desktop

locking to the motherboard is enough imo

I think all you need to do is donate more money so you have a stockpile of keys.  This would solve your problem.  You obviously do not have enough keys.  Since you have a business, the purchase could be used as a business expense, and written off.

it is not a business as such - its a sideline but you are correct - i will look at that 

again imo the way the software is paid for creates confusion - people have no idea what the cost is - its better as theres a very good hint on the website - but a price per licence would be better - again imo

Edited by adacom

and to BM - i have had my say - i disagree with you but all we do is go round the closed loop - delete the above if you want - its only interesting to you and me and even then thats debatable 

Yeah, it is interesting that nobody have not tried to reimplement it yet. I'm afraid that this is the reason why users complain in a vulgar form - no usable crack and no other free possibility so the only way is to shout.

I have no problem with the licence but I think the deactivation period should be reduced, 30 days is a long time to wait before you can generate a new key, I have about 12 keys and most of those I generated for other users on my site, once in a while I get a request to generate a new licence key because they have changed hardware, sadly now I am unable to help these members as I can not generate a new key for 30 days after deactivation of the old one, I think deactivation should be one or two days, not 30 days.

I have no problem with the licence but I think the deactivation period should be reduced, 30 days is a long time to wait before you can generate a new key, I have about 12 keys and most of those I generated for other users on my site, once in a while I get a request to generate a new licence key because they have changed hardware, sadly now I am unable to help these members as I can not generate a new key for 30 days after deactivation of the old one, I think deactivation should be one or two days, not 30 days.

Yeah, you kind of come to terms with the licence model over time but reactivation time is really too long, I haven‘t seen such in other programs I use.

why is there a delay at all - do they have to be processed manually - if so a delay is reasonable as no one would expect BM or whoever to be there 24/7 - but if its an automatic process then it should be there and then??

why is there a delay at all - do they have to be processed manually - if so a delay is reasonable as no one would expect BM or whoever to be there 24/7 - but if its an automatic process then it should be there and then??

From what I understand the way the keys work this idea would make it easy to install on a bunch of systems with a tiny donation