Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

An even better way is to just not choose to use an OS where the OS vendor breaks the very things you find important every single time.

Seems like kind of a no-brainer to me.  If no one chooses to run Windows 10 (and the 100 million or so folks who were duped into installing it just revert), Microsoft will just have to do something different.  Something good.

-Noel

I wasn't duped.  I run it because it is simply the best OS out there.

An even better way is to just not choose to use an OS where the OS vendor breaks the very things you find important every single time.

Seems like kind of a no-brainer to me.  If no one chooses to run Windows 10 (and the 100 million or so folks who were duped into installing it just revert), Microsoft will just have to do something different.  Something good.

-Noel

This is a forum about Aeroglass, not about how much you think Windows 10 sucks.  Start a new thread for that.  I am tired of hearing it.  I think it is awesome.

-Noel

I chose to install Windows 10 from the start. Also hope it a easy fix for BigMuscle

Fair enough.  It's easy enough to summarize this thread:

• Aero Glass for Win 8+ works fine on Win 8 through 10 (build 10240).

• It does not work for pre-release builds for which it hasn't been designed.

Any questions?

-Noel

Yeah, I really do not understand why people install some beta versions of OS and then are surprised that something does not work there and they have a need to inform us about improper functionality with every new test build. Especially, when I said many times that I don't develop Aero Glass for the testing OS versions.

Yeah, I really do not understand why people install some beta versions of OS and then are surprised that something does not work there and they have a need to inform us about improper functionality with every new test build. Especially, when I said many times that I don't develop Aero Glass for the testing OS versions.

There are only a few of us that are constantly following this topic. Everyone else comes back only when they need to find a tip for something or a solution to a problem. It‘s obvious that they aren‘t go to read a bunch of pages but before downloading the program or choosing to donate they could and shall read what‘s told on your website.

Edited by MDJ

Indeed if you are big enough to test an experimental Beta OS you have to face the bugs and the facts and not gonne complain about it !

Edited by endbase

Indeed if you are big enough to test an experimental Beta OS you have to face the bugs and the facts and not gonne complain about it !

Exactly.  Don't complain.  Reporting the bugs is enough.

The way I understand this is that a lot of people are using Windows 10 free-of-charge by participating in Insider program. In order to have working licence, they must use experimental OS versions but as they‘re just regular users they want their favourite programs to be compatible with their OS.

Edited by MDJ

The way I understand this is that a lot of people are using Windows 10 free-of-charge by participating in Insider program. In order to have working licence, they must use experimental OS versions but as they‘re just regular users they want their favourite programs to be compatible with their OS.

In fact no need to be in the insiders program to have an free windows 10 ! The people who are in the insider program are in for a long time in my experience and no new comers who don't know what they are dealing with as far of bugs ! So people who are in the insider program for a free license are in my opinion missing the goal of the insider program itself and that is testing and working on a better OS

So people who are in the insider program for a free license are in my opinion missing the goal of the insider program itself and that is testing and working on a better OS

Sounds nice, but...

It'd be nice if Microsoft would actually LISTEN to insiders and make the OS better.  As it is, most are scratching their heads at how Microsoft could be ignoring smart, well thought-out insider feedback so thoroughly. 

I mean, one of the most requested / voted-up topics in the Feedback App going way back was "bring back Aero Glass".

Yeah, we can see how well they listened to that.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that brilliant-minded 3rd party developers like Big Muscle are resurrecting features that Microsoft just drops by the wayside, but Microsoft cleary has their own agenda, and it doesn't include giving users what they want.  Do you think they REALLY have to break Aero Glass for Win 8+ compatibility with every new insider build?

I think it's quite ironic that one of the banner features of the latest pre-release build (10525) is the resurrection of color in the title bar. 

Seriously, look here:  http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/08/18/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10525/

Updated color options!

We got a lot of feedback on the default color for Start, Acton Center, Taskbar, and Title bars and that you wanted to be able to change to reflect your preferences. This feature is now available (though still early) in build 10525 for you to try. This is off by default, but you can turn it on by toggling this (Settings > Personalization > Colors): 

Wow, a lot of feedback!  WOW, COLOR!

I'm sorry, removing something then resurrecting 15% of it does not count as progress.

How many more releases before they claim, "Hey!  We listened to your feedback and now you can have translucent title bars!"

-Noel

I think the default view of Windows is very nice, and it is good that color is back with a lot of options.  In Windows XP. there were only three colors to choose from.  There are a lot more here, and it makes it much more palatable especially given that Aeroglass by bm isn't working properly (as to be expected) with the preview builds.  

I think it's quite ironic that one of the banner features of the latest pre-release build (10525) is the resurrection of color in the title bar. 

Seriously, look here:  http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/08/18/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10525/

Updated color options!

We got a lot of feedback on the default color for Start, Acton Center, Taskbar, and Title bars and that you wanted to be able to change to reflect your preferences. This feature is now available (though still early) in build 10525 for you to try. This is off by default, but you can turn it on by toggling this (Settings > Personalization > Colors): 

Wow, a lot of feedback!  WOW, COLOR!

I'm sorry, removing something then resurrecting 15% of it does not count as progress.

-Noel

This is what I thought too after reading latest build changelogs. It‘s a shame that they‘re counting readded features as progress, even though they listen to user feedback, they interpret it how they want so the end result isn‘t what was truly wanted.

Edited by MDJ

Well I understand why I inform you, bigmuscle of improper functionality with every test build.  It is because I care, and perhaps it will help you to develop AeroGlass for th2 when it is released.  I do not expect it to work properly with each, and every test build.  I am happy when it does.