Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


xper

Windows 10 - Deeper Impressions

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Microsoft don't consider that Windows 10 is a problem....so they are not likely to care about any small thing like possible security problems...:D

bookie32

On other news, the strange case of the recommended updates that became UNrecommended :w00t: (at least for some users):

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/26/dotnet_4_7_not_ready_for_skype_for_business_or_exchange/

jaclaz
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A year or so has passed, and I decided to give the OS another (quick) shot. Doesn't seem like anything changed. What I can get to with 2-3 clicks in Windows 7 I most often can't even FIND in Windows 10. The new settings is a pure mess. Like even after two hours (I really was determined to figure it all out this time and didn't wipe it from the drive within 10 minutes) I haven't figured out how to get to pagefile settings. OR how the hell do I put "This Computer" to the desktop. That shortcut is not even in the Start menu anywhere. Those are two of the more painful things so far.
Basically, I am unable to use the stupid system, because some of the most basic things I take for granted are simply not there, and/or are buried/obscured under tons of garbage I cannot get through.

Despite my strong disgust with the OS, every time I install it again I try to approach it with open mind, thinking "It's not THAT difficult. It's just Windows. I've been using it for 22 years. It must make sense somehow." - but NO. It just doesn't.

last edit: I eventually got borderline physically sick from the ***** flat design, and after 1) seeing the Calculator app and 2) starting the new Internet Explorer, where I had no idea what was part of the page and what was part of the toolbar, I shut the VM off in pure disgust. No thank you. Keep this crap, Microsoft. I'll keep using Windows 7 for as long as humanely possible.

I really tried this time. Didn't work. And I lost three hours of my life.

Edited by Octopuss
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number of lost hours across the billions of people in the world is staggering.  We could have built a solar array entirely around the planet with that wasted effort.

-Noel

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys!

It is a d*** shame that Microsoft doesn't listen to the views of its users... I have seen some winging over the years regarding a number of different problems releated to all versions of Windows....and I have done my share - BUT I have never seen the amount of discontent as has been show for Windows 10. How can anyone sell this crap to their customers....

Newsflash! most of my customers still use Windows and Windows 10 is what is available for them...Will add Windows 7 Professional preinstalled on computers is still available but not that cheap now and it is not often my customers will pay a little extra for Windows 7...

I just don't see a viable future with the latest version but Microsoft seem to have other ideas on the subject....

bookie32

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a bit forgivable toward Windows 10

OS market is dried out, there no idea or features that will make users to pay for upgrade to any new windows, users can install Linux very quickly today and doesnt feel the need to go back to windows in same cases

When XP or win95 released ppl went and buy new pc just for OS.

Microsoft is just pushing ideas over now and see what happens, and maybe will get revolutionary idea to make that happend again

OS cant be still, MS just "worsting" Windows 10 to come with other ideas to replace it

just like vista and windows 8.0

maybe in few years they will come on path that make windows 10 good for user experience even with metro

maybe now its just draft of concept of metro, that in future will be good

hopefully

Im not denying the IT Hell with updates and upgrades with windows 10 system and the other c*** that come with it

if u really don't have time for it just don't upgrade, i know i would

Edited by aviv00
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to me Linux "dropped the ball"
the whole community or whatever it can be called had time since Vista to make
at least 2 distros that are "dumb user-friendly" and for gaming

winblows 8 just added fuel to the fire, but I don't see anything there, except thousands of distros
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most of community saying to go with any mainstream the different for the home user is tiny

and the desktop experience improved quiet good

installation is easy with unetbtin

gaming u can use wine i duno if new games works good with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A photographer friend of mine, who runs a pretty nice, new Puget Systems workstation bought with Win 10 preinstalled just to process his digital photos, recently commented that Windows 10 just upgraded itself to v1703 on him and broke some things.

He was stunned and shocked that it would do this, EVEN THOUGH I had warned him about Windows 10 far in advance of his having gotten a new workastation.  His only experience was on Windows 7 on his prior workstation.

Even when you tell 'em, a lot of people in the world STILL won't believe what's happening until it bites them in the behind.

People will never truly learn from others; they have to have the experience themselves - and at that point it's too late, they're already in the trap.

-Noel

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea they find it hard to believe its sound like conspiracy

Edited by aviv00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt it is conspiracy. There is no reason why MS would want any sort of bad press about anything. I think it is partly their current direction on the OS and also perhaps they have too many/wrong type of people working on these updates. They also seem to have an attitude of "too big to fail" and seem to be running just fine because of the grasp of the market they do have. But we can be certain that Windows is not their money maker anymore and perhaps this is why it doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.

There is always people saying that MS is trying to be like Apple, but they really aren't. Mac OS has not had a real change to how it looks in a very long time. Even if Windows still looked like Vista and all the work that MS would do is to fix the long-standing problems that have been in Windows (for sometimes decades) I think no one would really complain. The redesign in Windows 8 and then Windows 10 was not something anyone had asked for. And it seems like they changed too much at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoelC said:

Even when you tell 'em, a lot of people in the world STILL won't believe what's happening until it bites them in the behind.

People will never truly learn from others; they have to have the experience themselves - and at that point it's too late, they're already in the trap.

Nothing really new, it dates back at the very least to ancient Greeks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra

when computer experts (or self proclaimed ones) discuss about Trojan Horses often do not realize how the original one was a known known and not an unknown unknown. :w00t:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_are_known_knowns

jaclaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

I doubt it is conspiracy. There is no reason why MS would want any sort of bad press about anything. I think it is partly their current direction on the OS and also perhaps they have too many/wrong type of people working on these updates. They also seem to have an attitude of "too big to fail" and seem to be running just fine because of the grasp of the market they do have. But we can be certain that Windows is not their money maker anymore and perhaps this is why it doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.

There is always people saying that MS is trying to be like Apple, but they really aren't. Mac OS has not had a real change to how it looks in a very long time. Even if Windows still looked like Vista and all the work that MS would do is to fix the long-standing problems that have been in Windows (for sometimes decades) I think no one would really complain. The redesign in Windows 8 and then Windows 10 was not something anyone had asked for. And it seems like they changed too much at once.

that not what i meant

ms changes OS policy like it sound as conspiracy and very hard to believe

Edited by aviv00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

And it seems like they changed too much at once.

No. :no:

When the new (Windows 95 or if you prefer NT 4.00) User Interface came out, it was VERY, VERY different from the previous Windows 3.1 or previous NT 3.1/3.5, with LOTS of changes.

Almost everyone was HAPPY of the changes.

With windows 8/8.1 and with 10 they made a lot of changes for the worse.

Heck, we don't even anymore know easily which OS version is running, "Creators Update" sounds like "Director's Cut" added to a movie title for a new release.

jaclaz
 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NoelC said:

A photographer friend of mine, who runs a pretty nice, new Puget Systems workstation bought with Win 10 preinstalled just to process his digital photos, recently commented that Windows 10 just upgraded itself to v1703 on him and broke some things.

He was stunned and shocked that it would do this, EVEN THOUGH I had warned him about Windows 10 far in advance of his having gotten a new workastation.  His only experience was on Windows 7 on his prior workstation.

Even when you tell 'em, a lot of people in the world STILL won't believe what's happening until it bites them in the behind.

People will never truly learn from others; they have to have the experience themselves - and at that point it's too late, they're already in the trap.

-Noel

my gamer friends started grabbing asus rog with 10 I said it never perform well but they never believed me. They said it's new it's has DX12 oh well I never said anything.  Some of a guy even thrown slang on me  . They sold their xp/8 /7 gaming rigs to get rigs but now they are no more gamer due to terrible bugs in 10 . They use their pc to browse around Web. SometimesSometimes play some games that lags heavily what Need  of high end pc to browseWeb. Nvdia is getting mad to release drivers every month to fix bugs in 10 which resulted slow down of legacy os release. 

I think ms should get serious about their work.

Edited by Dibya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dibya said:

my gamer friends started grabbing asus rog with 10 I said it never perform well but they never believed me. .... They sold their xp/8 /7 gaming rigs to get rigs but now they are no more gamer due to terrible bugs in 10 . ...

So thats one of things windows 10 can be good at... Curing gamers from gaming addiction...

Edited by kosamja
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...