OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately, the old Explorer search bar has persisted for several days now.

A notable issue from Windows 8 still remains. File operations performed in protected locations only modifiable by admins aren't logged in the undo history, worse, such operations even clear it. And if you eg. create a file named 1.txt, rename it to 2.txt, then use Notepad to save a file named 1.txt in the same folder with 2.txt and use Undo functionality, Explorer will simply overwrite 1.txt with 2.txt, now named 1.txt, without a warning. You get the warning in Win7.

*Sigh*

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that OldNewExplorer 1.1.9 doesn´t work well with the actual Win10 19H2 v1909 Build 18363.535 because at least in my case it doesn´t keep all settings and is turning back to Win10 default after some time. So you have to uninstall and reinstall OldNewExplorer to change back. Would be nice if developer Tihiy could improve and update version 1.1.9 once again.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by georgeasch

On 12/20/2019 at 3:13 PM, georgeasch said:

It seems that OldNewExplorer 1.1.9 doesn´t work well with the actual Win10 19H2 v1909 Build 18363.535 because at least in my case it doesn´t keep all settings and is turning back to Win10 default after some time. So you have to uninstall and reinstall OldNewExplorer to change back. Would be nice if developer Tihiy could improve and update version 1.1.9 once again.

I can confirm that - happens to me as well... It also happens after every restart of the OS.. ;)

On 12/20/2019 at 3:13 PM, georgeasch said:

15 hours ago, cubedj21 said:

I can confirm that - happens to me as well... It also happens after every restart of the OS.. ;)

I'm on the same build as you (Win10 1909 Build 18363.535) and also using OldNewExplorer 1.1.9 : I didn't had any issue with settings reverting, everything works fine for me

On 12/20/2019 at 9:13 AM, georgeasch said:

The settings are in the registry.  Is something turning back the registry on your OS?

Thanks for your reply and opinion. I don´t think so because i made a fresh install of Win10 and have nothing else installed than OldNewExplorer 1.1.9 and StartIsBack 2.8.9 at the moment to find my way through this awful looking OS. So it can only be the new build of Win10 that is reverting back to default if you ask me. I hope that Tihiy can confirm or deny my experience.

Edited by georgeasch

On 12/22/2019 at 6:11 PM, dhjohns said:

The settings are in the registry.  Is something turning back the registry on your OS?

Actually the settings are still in registry, even if you open the settings window there's everything set as it was before and it says OldNewExplorer is installed, but it actcs as if it is not and only uninstalling and installing applies the changes again... even restarting of explorer.exe doesn't fix that... ;)

Edited by cubedj21