OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

I start with a fresh Windows 10 x64 installation, then I install ONE 1.1.7 and it seems to work fine.

When I restart my computer it will either:

1. The taskbar shows up WHITE and stays that way.

If I press the Windows keyboard key the taskbar turns BLACK like it should be, but the "Start" button is missing,

the "Task View" button shows up ok,

the "Edge"/"WMP"/"File Explorer" icons are MISSING.

(It restarts this way about 75% of the time.

The only way to get Windows to do anything is to press Reset, and hope Windows starts normally.)

2. Windows restarts normally with ONE not working any more.

(It restarts this way about 25% of the time.)

My Specs:

--------------

Windows 10 x64 build 10240

MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Socket FM2 Motherboard​

4GB DDR3 1600 MHz​

AMD Dual-Core A6-5400K Black Ed. APU 3.6 GHz
Radeon HD 7540D

Edited by swallis7

1.1.7 works great now. One thing though, there's a blue highlight behind the left hand side links on the Control Panel and whatnot. Any ideas on what causes this?

(I think this was present in previous versions too)

new.png

This only happens if you chose the silver cream style, the shell32.dll UI files 23 and 24 need to be updated for windows 10, you can edit the OldNewExplorer32.dll and OldNewExplorer64.dll using a resource hacker like Restorator and either delete the 23 and 24 files in the STYLE_CREAM folder or update them with these UI files attached.

Not sure if Tihiy can create a solution for this unless he makes a version for Windows 10 only.

Note: These UI files are only if you are using Windows 10 and want to use the Silver Cream style, default and Flat White do not have any problems.

On that note, how could I remove the grey separator between the command bar and the address bar for the Flat White style?

(It's the only reason I'm using Silver Cream instead of Flat White)

Edited by yogalD

I love this software as it lets me use custom dark Windows 10 themes.

I use a small netbook, and really have NO screen space.

Please add the option to hide the Menu Bar (File, Home, Share, View). This was possible in Win7, and really helped make explorer windows smaller, especially when you want to sort files and have 8+ explorer windows open at once.

I am aware that when you resize Explorer windows small enough, the menu bar disappears. I want it always collapsed (unless you press Alt)!

I have tried to collapse the Command Bar substitute from OnE, but that doesn't go away either.

Sidenote: When substituting the Menu Bar + collapsed Ribbon, for Command bar, the top row (where the navigation buttons and address bar is) becomes wider with useless pixels. Can you look into keeping it as narrow as the normal top row? Just to save screen space.

Thanks!

Please add the option to hide the Menu Bar (File, Home, Share, View). This was possible in Win7, and really helped make explorer windows smaller, especially when you want to sort files and have 8+ explorer windows open at once.

I am aware that when you resize Explorer windows small enough, the menu bar disappears. I want it always collapsed (unless you press Alt)!

I have tried to collapse the Command Bar substitute from OnE, but that doesn't go away either.

Since Windows 7 it was and still shall be possible to completely hide Command Bar by editing UIFILE in shellstyle.dll. Of course, at first you must have Ribbon disabled. Anyway, here‘s a link to an article with detailed instructions: http://www.askvg.com/how-to-make-folder-band-auto-hidden-in-windows-vista/

Edited by MDJ

I love this software as it lets me use custom dark Windows 10 themes.

I use a small netbook, and really have NO screen space.

Sidenote: When substituting the Menu Bar + collapsed Ribbon, for Command bar, the top row (where the navigation buttons and address bar is) becomes wider with useless pixels. Can you look into keeping it as narrow as the normal top row? Just to save screen space.

Thanks!

Read page 19 of this thread, the one before this one for your solution to your problem.

i have a suggestion . since none of the current tab programs for explorer work in 10 except qtabbar why not add the feature to oldnewxcplorer? if you deside to do so i'd suggest using clover as a base. in my opinion best features.

What‘s wrong with QTTabBar? It‘s very customizable. If you still rather prefer Clover then contacting its developer at first would be a better idea instead of redeveloping whole program.

Update: fixed itself.

Since today I'm seeing the sub-navigation bar area with a grey background, rather than the white-to-grey gradient it was previously. Has a recent Windows update changed something?

6hNmiwp.png

Was on v1.0.7.0 and because of this uninstalled the old version and updated to the newest OldNewExplorer but the same problem exists.

FWIW save/open dialog windows aren't affected (but I'm not sure if OldNewExplorer even touches them):

iLLJ3GZ.png

Edited by Specular

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to apply settings in OldNewExplorer via commands or reg edits?  I wrote a batch file which does all my customizations, but after reboot I have to run ONE, and check my boxes manually.  Is there any way to do that automatically via cmd, or regedit?

Is there any way to apply settings in OldNewExplorer via commands or reg edits?  I wrote a batch file which does all my customizations, but after reboot I have to run ONE, and check my boxes manually.  Is there any way to do that automatically via cmd, or regedit?

ONE doesn't require the user to change the settings upon reboot as it only needs to be applied once. It isn't for you?

ONE doesn't require the user to change the settings upon reboot as it only needs to be applied once. It isn't for you?

I am talking about a new install.  I have a batch file which applies customizations.  I would like to know if there are batch commands to set it up initially.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know how to automate the integration of this useful tweak? Command line arguments perhaps or maybe a way to manually register the DLL's?

Also, where does it store the settings for each user?

To help prevent irreversible damage, this program is designed to be non-invasive. This program is solely reliant upon itself in terms of functionality hence why you can't rename, move nor delete the file while in use.. A similar effect can be done using other means but, this program isn't designed to be deployed in such a fashion. Especially with Windows 10, M$ has interwoven so many aspects of OS to the point where only soft changes are safe. If you were to get any more abrasive than that, you can potentially brick your OS..

That being said, by automated integration, do you mean like a custom .wim file? If so, that would be very counterproductive for the aforementioned reasons. You see, any soft (non-permanent) or hard (permanent) change, mod or customization can lead to 1 of 2 scenarios: 1) a soft change even if in a custom .wim file can be undone by any update or patch by M$. 2) You get too deep in the coding of Windows and run the risk of permanently damaging dependent components of the OS.

Hi, does anyone know how to automate the integration of this useful tweak? Command line arguments perhaps or maybe a way to manually register the DLL's?

To help prevent irreversible damage, this program is designed to be non-invasive. This program is solely reliant upon itself in terms of functionality hence why you can't rename, move nor delete the file while in use.. A similar effect can be done using other means but, this program isn't designed to be deployed in such a fashion. Especially with Windows 10, M$ has interwoven so many aspects of OS to the point where only soft changes are safe. If you were to get any more abrasive than that, you can potentially brick your OS..

That being said, by automated integration, do you mean like a custom .wim file? If so, that would be very counterproductive for the aforementioned reasons. You see, any soft (non-permanent) or hard (permanent) change, mod or customization can lead to 1 of 2 scenarios: 1) a soft change even if in a custom .wim file can be undone by any update or patch by M$. 2) You get too deep in the coding of Windows and run the risk of permanently damaging dependent components of the OS.

What I mean is command line.  I would like to be able to deploy is with command line arguments.  You know, in a command window.  As in a bat file.  How difficult is this to understand?

What I mean is command line.  I would like to be able to deploy is with command line arguments.  You know, in a command window.  As in a bat file.  How difficult is this to understand?

You have two accounts? Haha. I don't know of any command line tools that will engage the necessary files and functions to achieve the same output as ONE.. There is this registry http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6015-pc-folders-add-remove-windows-10-a.html trick that I use in conjunction with ONE on Windows 10 as ONE seems to have trouble keeping the "This PC" folders out of explorer. A few months ago I've scoured the net looking for the same you're looking for but, haven't found anything. ONE & the link I've posted are the only solutions I can find..

I don't know of any command line tools that will engage the necessary files and functions to achieve the same output as ONE.

I am looking for command line tools that will configure ONE, NOT  to replace it.