Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

Problew still exists:

office2_task(0001).txt:

Actie gestart 17:05:35: PublishProduct.
Actie beëindigd 17:05:35: PublishProduct. Retourwaarde 1.
Actie gestart 17:05:35: InstallExecute.
MSI (s) (20:00) [17:06:44:609]: Product: Microsoft Office Professional Editie 2003 -- Fout 1308. Setup kan het vereiste bestand C:\Office\FILES\PFILES\MSFT.NET\PIAS\111362 niet vinden. Controleer de verbinding met het netwerk of het cd-rom-station. Zie C:\Office\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\1043\SETUP.CHM voor andere mogelijke oplossingen voor dit probleem.

Fout 1308. Setup kan het vereiste bestand C:\Office\FILES\PFILES\MSFT.NET\PIAS\111362 niet vinden. Controleer de verbinding met het netwerk of het cd-rom-station. Zie C:\Office\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\1043\SETUP.CHM voor andere mogelijke oplossingen voor dit probleem.
MSI (s) (20:00) [17:06:58:843]: Product: Microsoft Office Professional Editie 2003 -- Fout 1308. Setup kan het vereiste bestand C:\Office\FILES\PFILES\MSFT.NET\PIAS\GAC\126444 niet vinden. Controleer de verbinding met het netwerk of het cd-rom-station. Zie C:\Office\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\1043\SETUP.CHM voor andere mogelijke oplossingen voor dit probleem.

This is dutch office 2003 SP-1 + updates

This happens after 85 MB is copied

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

could this be right?!?

(Office_shrink over office2K3)

wrong, number of files copied: 0

the 7mb folder only holds the main .msi installation file.

maybe a problem with an administrative sp1 installation of office or wrong shrink version.

I dunno, I've redowlonaded shrinker a couple times, my sp1 slipstream install works nicely too (I've even tried re-making it too...). That's as far as it ever got for me too, and that's using the plain english version too.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

could this be right?!?

(Office_shrink over office2K3)

wrong, number of files copied: 0

the 7mb folder only holds the main .msi installation file.

maybe a problem with an administrative sp1 installation of office or wrong shrink version.

I dunno, I've redowlonaded shrinker a couple times, my sp1 slipstream install works nicely too (I've even tried re-making it too...). That's as far as it ever got for me too, and that's using the plain english version too.

If u will run shrinker over O2k3 with having O2k3 installed... it will make a source of 7mb... the shrinker will only work if u Uninstall O2k3 first... then try to shrink!

@buckeyeXP

Maybe another version of this auto-It script is needed. Or an open release of the script-source.

Reason:

To be able to slim-down frontpage, visio, project, onenote, and so on. Currently, doing so is not possible, since it only supports the window-title for the base Office package.

Hi all,

I've spent hours to make this thing worked with no success. Let me explain ...

From an Office 2003 Professionnal CD with the SP1 slipstreamed (in french), i created a MST file like described there. Then, on a fresh install, i used Office Shrinker. My configuration file is like this :

[Language]lang=French

dir=1036

retry=&Réessayer

title=Microsoft Office

error=Erreur

[Directory]

Office Source=Z:\Passerelle\Office\

Office Target=C:\Office\

[Files]

Office Setup EXE file=SETUP.EXE

Office Setup MST file=Unattended.MST

[Version]

Number=11.0.5510.0

The process goes ok but i get at the end a message saying that the Shrink is already complete. If i run the new Office install (around 270 MB) from the target folder, it works perfectly but it won't work again on a new fresh install ... I tried again and again with no luck.

I'm getting nuts ...

Any help appreciated

EDIT : That's fixed ! I don't know i succeeded but it works ;)

Edited by Lucius Snow

• 5 weeks later...

Without forcing me to read all 24 pages of this thread, could someone summarize exactly what this does? (or perhaps buckeye could update the 1st post with it?)

I have the same problem as above... created the mst and ran the shriker and it said something along the lines that the was already complete... but this was the 1st time i ran it. and it left me with an office folder of like 7MB, which doesnt work.

thanks.

UPDATE:

okay... after reading the following from Nomi...

If u will run shrinker over O2k3 with having O2k3 installed... it will make a source of 7mb... the shrinker will only work if u Uninstall O2k3 first... then try to shrink!

I uninstalled office and ran this... its currently working now I think... and by the looks of it this thing works by firing off the office installer without any of the source files (the original 7mb which i mentioned above) then simply copies each file over when the setup prompts for it... heh... kinda neat.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...10entry178139

My method to get this to work. I tried to explain this as easy as possible and there is a screenshot.

This program in short, removes the install files you dont use.

For example Normally Office is a 600mb or so disk image, you only need lets say 300mb of that. This 'captures' the files you used to install office and dumps them in a folder. you can now install office as you just did from the new folder of 300mb with no difference. This is useful if you are trying to put Windows and Office together on one cd.

Ok, I shrinked office and created a 7-zip self extractor with instalation module that DOES work when i install it on a clean install.

But.... when i run it on RunOnceEx it unpacks, but cancels installation when "configuring" ... is it possible that I dont have the proper administrative rights or something like it during this point of the installation?

If i let the install finish and double click on the installer, it installs ok.

Thanks for any reply! :D

LostOne.