nuhi is back, post your suggestions here

nuhi

Driverpacks integration method in nLite. Why not?

Throw the drivers from http://driverpacks.net in compressed 7z form in a special folder to have them integrated automatically.

The predefined folders like in hfslip should sound like a good idea.

Folders like HF, ADDONS, Drivers, Codecs can be filled with user content and automatically integrated.

I mean, I've used nLitea lot but replaced it by a couple of complementary apps to update my w2000 CD:

- hfslip

- DriverPacks Base

- FDV.

Why not take what is best with these 3 and put them in nLite?

As a bug(nLite or not), I can't set my timezone/language (Roumanian) in nLite. The timezone defaults to Tijuana.

• 2 weeks later...

was it nuhi or its account is hacked ?

he said he was having done something near official-release the coming weeks or days .....months later he no longer comes .

It was definitely nuhi. He probably isn't on much because he is busy making a new tool for Windows 7/8. He has said that an alpha version might be available around February or March, so we just have to be patient.

was it nuhi or its account is hacked ?

he said he was having done something near official-release the coming weeks or days .....months later he no longer comes .

I was also thinking, if he is really back or someone made a joke with us. Hopefully he is back and nlite for win 8.1 is coming soon :sneaky: .

• 2 weeks later...

welcome... :)

Well, hi :)

So I am back, in other words free to work on nLite again. I am willing to consider updating it if you guys have some serious requests, be it fixes or missing functionality over the years.
For now there is no plan to update vLite, I am working on something else which will cover that area. The release date is not yet known, it is safe to say it can be counted in months, not years.

Fire away, if there is anyone left :)

Hi nuhi,

Would you mind giving us an update about progress, if any?

Somewhere in the more recent updates for Win7 there is is definitely something causing vLite to fail. When I switch to an older iso or a non-updated one, it works fine. But when I apply vLite to iso's with all recent updates integrated (including IE11), vLite fails either during preparation phase or the early stages of removal. That's a shame, it means vLite is not viable for reducing updated Win7 images anymore... And using already updated images is the preferred way to go because once the OS is lited, it will be problematic to update it.

If all the work for the new tool is overwhelming, we'll understand. I wouldn't personally have a clue how to go about something like that. But if you've given up on it, please let us know. If you haven't, please let us know too :D

Thanks...

Hi nuhi

For the last few months, I've been working on Windows XP SP4 - a cumulative update rollup for Windows XP Home, Pro, MCE, Tablet PC, K, KN, N, Starter, which works similarly to XP SP3 installer. I'm now testing the alpha build, which I'm going to publish very soon.

I've noticed that after slipstreaming SP4 to an XP source, nLite will crash:

2cfyydw.png

I suspect that the cause of this crash is the fact that XP SP4 references two CD-ROMs in its layout.inf/txtsetup.sif files.

I hope that you can look into this after I've finished XP SP4 Alpha.

You can find more info about the project here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10321

I may also create a new thread here in MSFN so that more testers can take a look at the XP SP4 package.

nuhi, on 24 Feb 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

OK, so the new tool is progressing nicely. I did not give up, quite the opposite.

I am expecting end of March for the public beta if all goes well.

End of March...I can't wait!

I think MS Win9 DP will available in April....

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so the new tool is progressing nicely. I did not give up, quite the opposite.

I am expecting end of March for the public beta if all goes well.

Yuhuuuu, I'm so glad it is really happening, cannot wait...