win6x_registry_tweak

Legolash2o

• 2 weeks later...

EXE

attachicon.gifinstall_wim_tweak.exe

attachicon.gifinstall_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe

SOURCE

attachicon.gifwin6x_registry_tweak_src_v1.4.7.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before i start i have to say that this tool was originally released by wnuku and that i have just updated it with extra features, colours and bug fixes.

The original concept was by Aviv00.

This little tool un-hides "packages" like Windows Media Center/Player, IE, IIS, Games, etc... so you can lower the size of your install.wim

attachicon.gifNew.png

Top left is un-hiding a specific package, top right is writing the log of available files to a txt file, bottom left is un-hiding all components of an image and finally the bottom right is un-hiding all the packages from current installed OS.

install_wim_tweak.exe /?

This will show all available options..

install_wim_tweak.exe /p <MountPath>

This will unhide all the packages in the selected image

install_wim_tweak.exe /o

This will unhide all the packages on the currently installed OS

install_wim_tweak.exe /p <MountPath> /l

This will list all the packages available in the selected image and write them to a text file in the same directory.

install_wim_tweak.exe /o /l

This will list all the packages available on the installed OS and write them to a text file in the same directory.

install_wim_tweaks.exe /p <MountPath> /c Microsoft-Windows-.........

This will just inhide the selected component from the selected image, can also be used with /o. If you add /r at the end it will remove the package.

Changes made from the original version by wnuku

*/h will restore them to default (must use without /h first)

*/n will not create backups (faster)

*/d will not delete owners keys.

*/m is no longer needed, will do the task by default

*/l will output a list of all packages to a text file.

*/o will use currently installed image.

*fixed a bug where it did not work if there was a space in the mountpath.

*/c <PackageName> will un-hide specific package

* using /r with /c will remove the package

*Win32Security.dll file is no longer needed

*Added new colours, errors are displayed in Red

*Fixed bug crashing at end of running

*Fixed bug where it cannot unmount registry if something fails

*Added specific component selection

*Fixed some other bugs

*Added an appropriate small icon for the app

Also normally you will have to put the specific component name i.e.

"/c Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7601.17514"

but if for example you put "/c Microsoft-Hyper-V-Common-Drivers-Package" it will show all packages starting with that.

F.A.Q

If you have any questions let me know...

Hola. Bonita herramienta.¿Puedo crear una imagen personalizada con ella?  Me gustaria sugerir la inclusion de "AppReadiness" para eliminar. Un saludo.

@All

There is currently an issue with ALL board attachments, xper is looking into the matter, most probably a configuration change of some kind:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174609-attachment-system-flawed/

Wait until the problem is (hopefully) solved, keep an eye on the above thread...

jaclaz

I've retried now and it seems that I can download these two files:

install_wim_tweak.exe

win6x_registry_tweak_src_v1.4.7.zip

but not:

install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe

Thank you!

I thought I'd make a friendly request here for someone to compile the latest version of install_wim_tweak to run on .NET4(.6). This way, one shouldn't have install an entire .NET runtime on Windows 10 in order remove a couple of components.

Done. Check the first page.

The only thing I did was to download the source, change .NET version in project properties and build :)

Thank you very much for your work on this wonderful program Legolash2o, since the link for this file is down: install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe (I can't seem to find it anywhere else) . Would you be so kind to upload it somewhere else (like a file hosting service) for added redundancy?

Thank you again!

Edited by digitalboy

Example of a package restoration after uninstalling it with install_wim_tweak :

(This is a copy of my post on http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174344-uninstall-cortana-from-windows-10-the-easy-way-not-language-specific/#entry1110017 but it's more appropriate to have this information on this topic ;))

I managed to fully restore an uninstalled package. (backup needed) ^^ yaaay avoid me 2h to restore etc ;)

Here is how (i took the package ShellExperienceHost as exemple)

Step 1. Restore Application File

C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost...

Step 2. Delete a registry entry

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\CatalogsToUninstall\ *** YOUR PACKAGE NAME (ShellExperienceHost bla bla) ***

Step 3. Restore those registry keys and it's contents

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-ShellExperienceHost-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.10240.16384][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-ShellExperienceHost-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.10240.16384\Owners][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-ShellExperienceHost-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~fr-FR~10.0.10240.16384][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-ShellExperienceHost-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~fr-FR~10.0.10240.16384\Owners][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\PackageIndex\Microsoft-Windows-ShellExperienceHost-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~0.0.0.0][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\PackageIndex\Microsoft-Windows-ShellExperienceHost-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~fr-FR~0.0.0.0][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\PackageDetect\Microsoft-Windows-ShellExperienceHost-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~0.0.0.0][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\PackageDetect\Microsoft-Windows-ServerCore-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~0.0.0.0][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\PackageDetect\Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~0.0.0.0]

Step 4 : Reboot and RocknRoll !!

Note :

I used this to manipulate the registry

"devxexec.exe /user:TrustedInstaller regedit.exe"
Edited by intika

Could someone help me to restore HYPER-V removed with install_wim_tweak? Maybe I can extract the packages from another WIndows 10 or maybe there is another method... Please help, I need it for work purpose!

• 2 weeks later...