KernelEx for Win2000

WinZip 20 crash after run when try to use a menu. Setup doesn't work after fix with fcwin2k, now missing functions:

UnInstall32.exe
    ADVAPI32.DLL

RegDeleteKeyValueW
VCCORLIB140.DLL
    KERNEL32.DLL

CreateEventExW
        TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive
        TryAcquireSRWLockShared
    OLE32.DLL
        CoGetApartmentType

Edited by piotrhn

On 2016年3月22日 at 3:05 AM, Svyatpro said:

Here is updated version of WineD3D 1.9.6 for Windows including my customizations.

It includes initial support of Direct3D 10/11, Direct2D, Direct3D 9Ex and DirectWrite (requires several Vista+ functions). Yes, it is not complete and doesn't allow to run most of D3D10/11 apps, but really allows to run simple D3D10/11 apps and you can check and maybe find more working apps.

Direct2D and DirectWrite are not working completely but it needs more testing though. Also DirectWrite is incompatible with WinXP/2003 because of functions lack.

GDI32.DLL:

GetFontFileInfo

GetFontRealizationInfo

KERNEL32.DLL:

GetLocaleInfoEx

IsValidLocaleName

LCIDToLocaleName

Divekick D3D11 game running on Windows Server 2003 SP2:

731d57c23939397078b3ded44adf6770.jpg

You can download updated binaries and test on Win2000/XP/2003:

http://rghost.ru/78WF5FMnt

And as always BIG thanks to WineHQ and Crossover!

I try it on VMWare XP  and I on Win2000 My real PC with Intel 3rd HD Graphics PC.

But It seems to fail on function dxgi_check_d3d10_support both.
Can you check it on any virtual machine ?
and please show me "DXSDK(June2010)\Samples\C++\Direct3D11\Bin\x86\BasicCompute11.exe" output text :")

>BasicCompute11.exe

Creating device...fixme:d3d:wined3d_dxtn_init Wine cannot find the txc_dxtn library, DXTn software support unavailable.
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Info log received from GLSL shader #2:
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log     No errors.
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Info log received from GLSL shader #3:
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Info log received from GLSL shader #1:
err:d3d:wined3d_adapter_find_polyoffset_scale PolygonOffset scale factor detection failed, using fallback value 2^23.
err:d3d:wined3d_adapter_find_polyoffset_scale PolygonOffset scale factor detection failed, using fallback value 2^23.
fixme:dxgi:DXGID3D10CreateDevice Ignoring flags.
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_check_feature_level_support Ignoring adapter type.
fixme:winediag:dxgi_check_feature_level_support None of the requested D3D featur
e levels is supported on this GPU with the current shader backend.
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_device_init Ignoring adapter type.
fixme:d3d11:device_parent_create_swapchain_texture device_parent 0x180ff83c, container_parent 0x1847ead0, wined3d_desc 0x6fa30, wined3d_texture 0x18541900 parti
al stub!
fixme:d3d11:device_parent_create_swapchain_texture Implement DXGI<->wined3d usage conversion.
fixme:d3d11:d3d11_device_CheckFeatureSupport iface 0x180ff818, feature 4, feature_support_data 0x6ff5c, feature_support_data_size 4 stub!
No hardware Compute Shader capable device found, trying to create ref device.
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Info log received from GLSL shader #2:
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Info log received from GLSL shader #3:
fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Info log received from GLSL shader #1:
Reference rasterizer device create failure

I have almost the same results as you, here is basiccompute11 log:

Creating device...fixme:d3d:wined3d_dxtn_init Wine cannot find the txc_dxtn libr
ary, DXTn software support unavailable.
fixme:dxgi:DXGID3D10CreateDevice Ignoring flags.
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_check_feature_level_support Ignoring adapter type.
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_device_init Ignoring adapter type.
fixme:d3d11:device_parent_create_swapchain_texture device_parent 0x92f5c, contai
ner_parent 0xa91c0, wined3d_desc 0x6fa30, wined3d_texture 0xe7ba8 partial stub!
fixme:d3d11:device_parent_create_swapchain_texture Implement DXGI<->wined3d usag
e conversion.
done
Creating Compute Shader...fixme:d3d11:d3d11_device_CreateComputeShader iface 0x9
2f38, byte_code 0x296fa0, byte_code_length 1112, class_linkage 0, shader 0x10080
30 stub!
done
Creating buffers and filling them with initial data...fixme:d3d11:d3d_buffer_ini
t Ignoring structure byte stride 8.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_buffer_create Ignoring access flags (pool)
fixme:d3d11:d3d_buffer_init Ignoring structure byte stride 8.
done
Creating buffer views...fixme:d3d11:d3d11_device_CreateUnorderedAccessView iface
 0x92f38, resource 0xedf08, desc 0x6ff10, view 0x1008048 stub!
done
Running Compute Shader...fixme:d3d11:d3d11_immediate_context_CSSetShader iface 0
x92f54, shader 0, class_instances 0, class_instance_count 0 stub!
fixme:d3d11:d3d11_immediate_context_CSSetShaderResources iface 0x92f54, start_sl
ot 0, view_count 2, views 0x6ff70 stub!
fixme:d3d11:d3d11_immediate_context_CSSetUnorderedAccessViews iface 0x92f54, sta
rt_slot 0, view_count 1, views 0x6ff48, initial_counts 0 stub!
fixme:d3d11:d3d11_immediate_context_Dispatch iface 0x92f54, thread_group_count_x
 1024, thread_group_count_y 1, thread_group_count_z 1 stub!
fixme:d3d11:d3d11_immediate_context_CSSetShader iface 0x92f54, shader 0, class_i
nstances 0, class_instance_count 0 stub!
fixme:d3d11:d3d11_immediate_context_CSSetUnorderedAccessViews iface 0x92f54, sta
rt_slot 0, view_count 1, views 0x6ff30, initial_counts 0 stub!
fixme:d3d11:d3d11_immediate_context_CSSetShaderResources iface 0x92f54, start_sl
ot 0, view_count 2, views 0x6ff18 stub!
fixme:d3d11:d3d11_immediate_context_CSSetConstantBuffers iface 0x92f54, start_sl
ot 0, buffer_count 1, buffers 0x6ff20 stub!
done
Verifying against CPU result...failure
Cleaning up...

And have the same DirectX10 Tutorials behavior, because Wine is not complete and this is a Wine's bug. But it develops fast from recent time, and almost everyday Wine get commits for DirectX10-11. I will release updated WineD3D for Windows at the end of week that will include some more DX10-11 patches and commits.

43 minutes ago, Svyatpro said:

I have almost the same results as you, here is basiccompute11 log:

And have the same DirectX10 Tutorials behavior, because Wine is not complete and this is a Wine's bug. But it develops fast from recent time, and almost everyday Wine get commits for DirectX10-11. I will release updated WineD3D for Windows at the end of week that will include some more DX10-11 patches and commits.

I remember your machine tutorial 9-14 results were colored.(but not display any GUI and text)

My windows 2000 result is monochrome. :(

10 hours ago, Svyatpro said:

Yes, but it was on other unofficial WineD3D branch (PigFlyGames) that contained more D3D10, but almost nothing of D3D11. I expect to get a little better of DX10 and 11 in the end of week.

Okay. I understand.

THX

[for Win2000/XP/2003]The tool to disguise the OS version for All Application.

I released OS version disguise tool.

fcwin2k (KDW) can set Application name. but this application applies all application.

So We can execute Unknown filename install application which depends on OS version.

Caution: You should restore setting before your PC reboot.( May be your PC can not boot next time.)

I just installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I'm not using up to date KernelEx but I've never had this problem using HF_SLIP compiled with tomasz's archives. So, I have Japanese text in the explorer bar. It's where if you double click on it, it'll bring up Internet Security properties. What file do I need to replace to fix this? It's not shlwapi.dll, I checked that one already. The main DLLs that I could think of still show English as the language. It's very minor but still annoying.

Edit: I've tried the newest KernelEx, and the problem still persists.

I have not used tomasz HFSLIP Image.

But you can find it using vfi.exe.

And I will release soon next version English hfslip Extended kernel kit.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I just installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I'm not using up to date KernelEx but I've never had this problem using HF_SLIP compiled with tomasz's archives. So, I have Japanese text in the explorer bar. It's where if you double click on it, it'll bring up Internet Security properties. What file do I need to replace to fix this? It's not shlwapi.dll, I checked that one already. The main DLLs that I could think of still show English as the language. It's very minor but still annoying.

Edit: I've tried the newest KernelEx, and the problem still persists.

20 hours ago, Tommy said:

I just installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I'm not using up to date KernelEx but I've never had this problem using HF_SLIP compiled with tomasz's archives. So, I have Japanese text in the explorer bar.

Just out of curiosity, does it look like this?

like this.JPG

That screenshot is from some earlier combination of tomasz86’s HFSLIP and UUR(s?).  It doesn’t exist on my current setups, which use his previous HFSLIP package (not HFSLIP2000) and latest UUR from November 2014.

I really wish tomasz86 could update his old HFSLIP package with that 11302014 UUR, or maybe the tuned-up USP5 he mentioned in his thread, something with BWC’s kernel / core extensions integrated.  These little quirks (and more consequential problems with drivers or what-not) seem to happen when UUR or KernelEx are updated on top of one another.

What's kind of funny is this same HF_SLIP build is the same exact one I use for 2k Pro and I just compiled it for 2K Advanced Server and that's what happened. I doesn't really seem to affect much but it's still somewhat annoying nonetheless. I still like his 2012 build because either the 2013/14 build I tried just didn't feel the same and less stable to me. I would eventually like to try out Blackwingcat's new HF_SLIP package once he releases it since I've never tried any of his releases.

The HF folder of Tomasz’s previous W2k Pro HFSLIP had some server updates included as well, so maybe that figures into it somehow, but by what combinations I have no idea.