KernelEx for Win2000

For each release of the Extended Kernel, BlackWingCat has two files. One ending with C and another ending with D.

For example:

Windows2000-KB935839-v28c-x86-ENU

Windows2000-KB935839-v28d-x86-ENU

What's the difference?

11 hours ago, MrMaguire said:

For each release of the Extended Kernel, BlackWingCat has two files. One ending with C and another ending with D.

For example:

Windows2000-KB935839-v28c-x86-ENU

Windows2000-KB935839-v28d-x86-ENU

What's the difference?

That is "G" not "D". "G" means "Game Fix" which does not have some newer API exports so it will not confuse some games.

On 5/20/2016 at 1:48 AM, roytam1 said:

That is "G" not "D". "G" means "Game Fix" which does not have some newer API exports so it will not confuse some games.

Actually, MrMaguire is right here. There is a 28c and d, both with g versions. I can't tell the difference between both builds and I still recommend the 26 series builds, since they are more compatible with programs and are less buggy(regressions in the 28 series(real ones(i promise))).

Edited by agrecascino

32 minutes ago, agrecascino said:

Actually, MrMaguire is right here. There is a 28c and d, both with g versions. I can't tell the different between both builds and I still recommend the 26 series builds, since they are more compatible with programs and are less buggy(regressions in the 28 series(real ones(i promise))).

Thanks for the info.

On 2016年5月19日 at 11:56 PM, Dibya said:

@blackwingcat

please fix this

I cannot send you any  message.

Helllo.

Will you help me to MSFN about private message ?

I deleted more than 100 messages before. but the PM empty room size did not change at all !

I do not delete more message. :(

1. How to increase PM capaticy ?

2. How to increase the room of PM empty size ?

6 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

I deleted more than 100 messages before. but the PM empty room size did not change at all !

My brother contact with any moderator.

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 0:05 AM, agrecascino said:

Actually, MrMaguire is right here. There is a 28c and d, both with g versions. I can't tell the difference between both builds and I still recommend the 26 series builds, since they are more compatible with programs and are less buggy(regressions in the 28 series(real ones(i promise))).

Would you mind giving a bit more detail? I'm just curious what you found to be working in the version 26 series that doesn't in the 28 series, as well as the bugs.

On 5/23/2016 at 3:40 PM, MrMaguire said:

Would you mind giving a bit more detail? I'm just curious what you found to be working in the version 26 series that doesn't in the 28 series, as well as the bugs.

Firefox would crash upon launch and I kept getting bluescreens(it got to the point where I couldn't remove it without crashing(this, however was with some functions enabled)).

On 5/23/2016 at 8:53 PM, blackwingcat said:

@blackwingcat: Your PM box should be working OK, now. If not, please let me know.

On 2016年5月24日 at 6:31 AM, agrecascino said:

Firefox would crash upon launch and I kept getting bluescreens(it got to the point where I couldn't remove it without crashing(this, however was with some functions enabled)).

If your graphic board does not support DX10, you should be disabled DX10stub on v2.8 series.

• 2 weeks later...

@ blackwingcat

Please, help with installing powershell with exkernel german dvd. I have error messages with cmd install: some fonts could not be found in winnt directories ...

So I made experiment after installation:

1) Placed kb968930 in directory X:\XXX\XXX

cmd to directory X:\XXX\XXX:

MKDIR KB926140-v5 -> OK.

ren kb968930.cab kb968930.exe -> OK.

kb968930.exe /C /T:"%CD%\KB926140-v5" -> ERROR message: "The program is too big for memory"

What does this mean? What kind of EXE is kb968930?

I also tried kb 968930.exe /C /T:"X:\XXX\XXX\kb926140-v5" -> same ERROR message too big for memory.

Can you give advice how to go on?

On 2016年6月8日 at 5:37 AM, JosefReisinger said:

@ blackwingcat

Please, help with installing powershell with exkernel german dvd. I have error messages with cmd install: some fonts could not be found in winnt directories ...

So I made experiment after installation:

1) Placed kb968930 in directory X:\XXX\XXX

cmd to directory X:\XXX\XXX:

MKDIR KB926140-v5 -> OK.

ren kb968930.cab kb968930.exe -> OK.

kb968930.exe /C /T:"%CD%\KB926140-v5" -> ERROR message: "The program is too big for memory"

What does this mean? What kind of EXE is kb968930?

I also tried kb 968930.exe /C /T:"X:\XXX\XXX\kb926140-v5" -> same ERROR message too big for memory.

Can you give advice how to go on?

kb968930.cab ‎2013‎/10‎/8‎

7.06 MB (7,411,712)

CRC32: 22CCCC8D
MD5: 750D2CA07D2E05350C0F8B2F9E3F84DB
SHA-1: A2BB2029532CC0491D97E7C59CBA5FBEC17A6B57

Its Okay ?

if it is different from this, your cab file extractor may be buggy.

I found some softwares had same issue.

Hi.

I cannot prove md5 or sha-1, because I exchanged a lot of files inside the cab with DEU ones. So I solved it with:

ECHO PowerShellv2.0
extrac32 /y /e /l .\ KB968930.cab > nul
del KB968930.cab
KB968930\UPDATE\update /passive /norestart

Now it installs.

I could solve most of the problems, DEU exkernel DVD is almost done. Remaining problems:

*mmc snap in error with msinfo32. But: Once loaded into mmc with mmc.exe and saved, it will work and only show error message after closing. I have  error message in eventview (ID 3009): "strings of performance indicators for ServiceModelEndpoint 3.0.0.0 could not be installed".

*defender error (I don´t think there is a solution for this)

*funny error: cmd context menu (pops up on right click on top of the window) shows japanese characters; I cannot find out the reason. I did not find these strings in registry, and there are also not present in resources of the files I examined. Do you know which files contain these context menu items?

Greetings Joe

5 hours ago, JosefReisinger said:

Hi.

*funny error: cmd context menu (pops up on right click on top of the window) shows japanese characters; I cannot find out the reason. I did not find these strings in registry, and there are also not present in resources of the files I examined. Do you know which files contain these context menu items?

Greetings Joe

Hi.

Plz see add.reg

Fix the following

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd]
@="コマンドプロンプトで開く" ;Japanese Version

@="Open with Command prompt" ; English version
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd\command]
@="cmd.exe /k \"cd %l\""

Edited by blackwingcat