KernelEx for Win2000

Hi.

@blackwingcat

mine is only %_MOD_PATH%, not %_SYS_MOD_PATH%. Regsvr32 themeui.dll does not solve it. Do you have other idea which file should I regsvr?

Greetings

Plz tell me more detail.

For example where it locates file or registry or resource.

@blackwingcat

Hi, can you please teach me how can i customize kerenal32.dll and nt.dll of windows xp

I love reverse enginearing.

PLease can you teach me.

I want to do like you for windows XP.

Please help me.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1313117.html

I use only PEMaker and PE Explorer (DisAssembler) and Visual Studio 2005(Debug/Compile) and binary Editor.

PEMaker

Add Export/Import/directory/Reloc Table and change Space each directory table.

binary Editor.

Add API or change API.

Debugger

Trace API.

Disasm

Check Insert API and any table.

You also can use PE Tool in this forum instead of PEMaker.

It can't change certain table and has some bug, so I create another tool.

Edited by blackwingcat

I try to replace to shell32.dll 5.0.3900.7190 DEU system make from your hfslip image.

Japanese version is no problem.

English version is also no problem.

So, I think that your shell32.dll has something wrong.

_MOD_PATH and _SYS_MOD_PATH are both resources of shell32 and written into the registry on install. _MOD_PATH It refers to activeX control.

Greetings

@blackwingcat

Last official version of shell32 is v7080 from kb908531. It has different base than v6705, which is included in HFSLIP\Source. Base is 7CF90000 -v7080. Base is 77580000-v6705. Also Resource REGINST could be different at first sight (i have to look into this longer).

I managed to exchange files ENU->DEU in HFCABS, next step is to localize MDAC (half done).

I found out that there are newer driver files available in DEU version than present in SOURCE, which are not exchanged with your DVD image:

*atmarpc.sys v6927

*dmboot.sys v6780

*fdc.sys v6942

*lpfltdrv.sys v7034

*kbdclass.sys v6875

*nbf.sys v6866

*netbt.sys v7044

*ohci1394.sys v6920

*pci.sys v7035

*pciidex.sys v6883

*pcmcia.sys v6884

*rasl2tp.sys v6736

*tape.sys v6995

*tdl.sys v6882

*w2ifsl.sys v7029

Do you recommend to place these into HFSLIP\SYSTEM32\drivers or did you find one or more of them are buggy and I should avoid them?

Greetings Joe

@UberGeek451

Did you solve the Problem? I have the same problem with Video Card in Macbook Pro 6.2

Greetings Joe

Can you change its IRQ on BIOS menu ?

Are there others device problem ?

Try to became disable Serial / Parallel i/F.

If you can , try to use my HFSlip Integrated Image.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1763141.html

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out this problem.

Don't know why this is happening but after installing a fresh copy of W2K, my video card can not be detected on one particular machine. Device manager shows code 12 on the Intel® 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 2E21. This port should be shared with the video card but instead it's locked to VgaSave with conflicting memory and I/O addresses.

The machine has a P45 ICH10 motherboard with 2x2GB DDR3 RAM and a Core 2 Quad 2.8 GHZ CPU.
Video card is a MSI GeForce GT 610 2GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.0 x16. Installing an older NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 did the same thing.

Os is W2K Pro Sp4 with UURollup-v11-w20130323 (tomasz86’s HFSLIP program), which was updated to the latest daily, v11-d20141130. Same copy has been used to install W2K on other ICH10 & Core2 Duo machines without a problem.

Windows XP Pro SP3 installed on the adjoining partition without a single hitch using BlackWingCat's nVIDIA 310.70 WQHL drivers. Tried everything but W2K has been fighting me for weeks.

Appreciate any suggestions.

hi blackwingcat thanks for your all help

Please help me I want to add following functions to windows xp

*ntdll.dll

NtFlushProcessWriteBuffers

WinSqmAddToStreamEx

WinSqmIsOptedIn

*Kerenal32.dll

WakeConditionVariable

WaitForSingleObject

VirtualFree

VirtualAlloc

UnhandledExceptionFilter

TryEnterCriticalSection

TlsSetValue

TlsGetValue

TlsFree

TlsAlloc

TerminateProcess

SwitchToThread

SleepEx

and few others

*Few in user32.dll

*Few in ADVAPI32.DLL

*Few in VERSION.DLL

Only please can you be my teacher in this matter if you like

Please please accept my request , can you make a simple video how to do it if you like. PLease make it for me when you are free if you like

I want to stick with Windows xp until i die.

Please help me

I want to make my kerenalEx for Xp within 2016.

My main goal:

*Adding  vista compability.

*Adding Win7 sp1 compability

*Adding Win 10 Compability

*To make dx 10 to work

*To make dx11.2 to work

*To make dx12 to work

*Implemanting all mordern apis

*To make .net framework 4.6 to work

*To make Latest Adobe photoshop cc, illustrator and other software to work

*To improve overall all stability

*To improve driver support

ありがとうございました

Aren't they Vista functions ?

The function in NTDLL is almost NTOSKRNL's wrapper.

So if we want functions in NTDLL, we should change NTOSKRNL.EXE

It is difficult because the part of functions on Vista may break compatibility with NT 5.x application.

i am very much confused about customizing kerenal32

@ blackwingcat

Hi.

I examined resources of shell32. I use Restorator v3.7.1747 to see and change resources ENU => DEU. There is no difference between REGINST resources of all the german versions, but between ENU and DEU there is a slight difference, if I load into Restorator: The binary datas are different. For example ENU resource is: 

HKLM,"%PATH_EXPLORER%\RecentDocs","ViewStream",1,\

1C,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,\

00,00,00,00,00,00,58,00,\

03,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,\

DEU version is:

So DEU version is without line feed between the data lines.

I alwalys changed according to DEU version and deleted the line feeds. Known result: problems with %_MOD_PATH%. Now I made new DEU shell32.dll out of your exkernel v7190 with Restorator, and now I kept the spaces between the lines. Result after installing: I cannot use the start button any more, nothing is displayed in explorer, search function in explorer will work (but link with iexplore and display "the page could not be found"). So localizing the reginst resource seems to be a littly bit tricky in shell32. When copied into a running system, the shell32 works like a charm. Please, help again! I will upload the shell32v7190 file with all changed DEU resources and changed base, but binary data according to ENU version. If you would be so kind and test the file.

Greetings Joe

PS: localizing your W2k DVD image is almost done, only HFGUIRUNONCE is left. I will upload it, too, for further testing.

Edited by JosefReisinger

Your shell32.dll seems to be broken.

I resent you fixed it.

@ blackwingcat

Hi.

I examined resources of shell32. I use Restorator v3.7.1747 to see and change resources ENU => DEU. There is no difference between REGINST resources of all the german versions, but between ENU and DEU there is a slight difference, if I load into Restorator: The binary datas are different. For example ENU resource is: 

DEU version is:

So DEU version is without line feed between the data lines.

I alwalys changed according to DEU version and deleted the line feeds. Known result: problems with %_MOD_PATH%. Now I made new DEU shell32.dll out of your exkernel v7190 with Restorator, and now I kept the spaces between the lines. Result after installing: I cannot use the start button any more, nothing is displayed in explorer, search function in explorer will work (but link with iexplore and display "the page could not be found"). So localizing the reginst resource seems to be a littly bit tricky in shell32. When copied into a running system, the shell32 works like a charm. Please, help again! I will upload the shell32v7190 file with all changed DEU resources and changed base, but binary data according to ENU version. If you would be so kind and test the file.

Greetings Joe

PS: localizing your W2k DVD image is almost done, only HFGUIRUNONCE is left. I will upload it, too, for further testing.

Problems are gone now with your fixed file. Can you tell, what was the problem? Do you think the Restorator program is buggy?

I want to know, because it will not be the last time changing resources...

PLZ explain the broken shell32.

I have a second problem when using the (rebased and resource changed) kernel32 v7238. I did not have this problem with v7236 I used before. W2k complains after installation that "kernel32 had to be moved in memory because of gdi32". I did neither change the base address of kernel32 or gdi32. Kernel32 is based DEU 77E70000, gdi32 has same ENU and DEU base 77F40000. To solve it, I changed gdi32 to 77F50000 and the message is gone. Is this a good idea or would you recommend different?

Greetings Joe