nLite 1.4.9.1 - Honey Turbo 9.1

nuhi

Hi nuhi,

Yeah, it's Windows 2000 using USP5. The popup appears almost immediately upon startup, so I can't even get into the initial screen. Like I said, it was working fine until I put a second install of 2K on another hard drive, then it wouldn't work again once I went back to my original one.

The only thing I see there that makes sense to me is kernel32.dll. In case it's any use, the version is 5.0.2195.7135.

Thanks!

WMP11 x64 hotfixes now appear to integrate properly for me. Thanks, nuhi. :)

I have a question: Would it be possible to add the following tweaks when slipstreaming IE7 into an x64 source?

;Disable default browser check on first run, even if no other browser is installed
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main","Check_Associations",0,"no"

;Disable IE7 asking to run preinstalled Microsoft Update ActiveX Control
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3}\iexplore","Flags",0x10001,4

Hey dino hows life =)

Nice to see ur still goin at it, at this student home we are all still using ur app ;) I pretty much retired IT n dont use my own methods in conjunction with nlite anymore.. just nlite out of lazyness :P

keep up the good work mate

Cheers,

Tony

In Nlite there's always this bug (?):

Integrating an addon like this: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=79916#79916 Nlite says is updating Netfx.cab but at the end the file is the old one

Screenshot

Many thanks

The problem is with how you use the FileMove.

What is that star at the end for?

[FileMove]

NETFX.CAB,..\cmpnents\netfx\i386\*

Btw enable reports in the Hotfix page and it will tell that the path has an illegal character in it. Gotta see why this doesn't popup normally because it is an critical error.

I tried it without the star and it's fine.

Targaff, thx, gonna try.

Fridge-RaideR, can't complain. Have fun.

5eraph, people don't like automatic tweaks.

Edited by nuhi

nuhi, please can you give some more info on this item from 1.4.8 changelog:

"fix: Out of memory error with some addons"

As i've experienced this error a few days ago and streaming video from my cable box is resulting in out of memory errors. The only addon i'm using is: XP_SP3_UpdatePack_072008-r04.7z. I removed window messenger, msn explorer other than that just used some regtweaks. Praying that this is my problem, thought it might be a hardware problem, hope you can reply quickly so i know whether or not to format.

I had several GB spare on each partition btw and i've got 4GB ram and quad core @ 3.5ghz so it's definately not low on resources.

Many thanks!

Edited by hajj_3

nLite would got that error, not the system.

Cheers ;)

As i've experienced this error a few days ago and streaming video from my cable box is resulting in out of memory errors. The only addon i'm using is: XP_SP3_UpdatePack_072008-r04.7z. I removed window messenger, msn explorer other than that just used some regtweaks. Praying that this is my problem, thought it might be a hardware problem, hope you can reply quickly so i know whether or not to format.

I had several GB spare on each partition btw and i've got 4GB ram and quad core @ 3.5ghz so it's definately not low on resources.

Many thanks!

It was due to infinite loop mistake is some rare occations during integration, not the Lite Windows operation.

Your stream player probably has some sort of memory deallocation issue or maybe an infinite loop. Report to the authors of whatever program or driver you're using.

jmbattle, those (well one of those at least) is needed for view availiable wireless connections -the built in XP wireless network 'joiner'

i can confirm this as the same problem just bit me in the butt :)

not sure if this is fixed in 1.4.8 (just realised the pc i did it on had 1.4.5 final :/ )

but removing Network Access Protection Agent breaks the view wireless connections screen (says no networks in range etc)

edit

this is what i'm referring to nuhi

Okay....I think I finally got this down....please ignore all my previous ranting :P

Services not to remove for wireless cards:

Extensible Authentication Protocol Service

Network Access Protection Agent

I am pretty sure of this now.....I just wasted my whole night re-installing :P

I can confirm this too!

Notebook: ACER Extensa 5220/5620

again, this was on 1.4.5 and may have been fixed (but not covered in the changelog) they probably both need to be added to the wireless dhcp protection section

Edited by bledd

bledd, ok adding to dependency warning if it turns out not fixable.

nijevaznokosam, it can be antivirus resident protection scanning all files. Also make sure not to use the partition root as the folder, make a folder in it. There was one more reason but I can't remember, you can search the forum.