Vistapack 2.4 Released

damian666

Mara-, what you posted looks like from Vistamizer 1.2.1 by Manuel Hoefs, if I remember well. The newer version 2.2.1 has a black screen, not this one. Correct me if I am wrong.

Mara-, what you posted looks like from Vistamizer 1.2.1 by Manuel Hoefs, if I remember well. The newer version 2.2.1 has a black screen, not this one. Correct me if I am wrong.

No, I never used that pack. I think I downloaded just logonui.exe, I did not extracted it from any pack.

but maybe users want a less "old" logonui?

How do you mean "old"? It is almost same as Vista RTM log on screen, clone as you said.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

yeah, ofcourse i tested man :D...

and the good news is, that there is maybe 1 or 2 files that dont get patched right.

but that is all!!!

so it wont take me long to finish it up.

i will release a in between version, to make this compatible all the way with sp3

@mara, i meant "old", in the way that it is everywhere...

all packs have it, and i like to stand out personally...

BUT, if users choose it, i will put it in.

So to all users, apply your logonui that you like here, and when i get a piece or 10 of them

i will post a poll to let YOU guys choose what to include.

Bye guys...

Damian666

good that you mention it man, the uxtheme is NOT patched by the current pack...

i need to find a way to patch it myself, or get a updated uxtheme patcher...

which i both can not find till now...

damian666

Well, here's my 2 cents about boot and logon. I attached pics of how my XPsp2 goes from boot to desktop. With umpteen bazillion megahertz modern 2 core CPUs not much time is spent on the boot screens and with different graphics all over the place start up gets to look like a really bad cartoon animation so I'm using a dark (easy on the eyes) background for boot, logon and desktop. If anybody wants to try these, let me know where to upload the kernel, logonui, etc because it's all bigger than I can upload here.

Soambah

PS Oops I'll have to put pics of logon and desktop in other posts.

Edited by sombahd

Here's the logon. The desktop uses the same background as wallpaper but without the center login rectangle. For some reason I can only get these two uploaded. Maybe there's a daily upload limit? anyhore, I'll try to put up the desktop tomorrow.

Soambah

boot_sample.bmp

Logon.bmp

Edited by sombahd

Hello I can´t get it to work to patch the I386 folder on the CD that is copied to hard drive.

So I have another question.

when it is installed is there any silent patch switch for the Vistapack.exe.

So I can patch the installed files silently not need to push the patch button also so it close Vistapack when it is patched.

and what is the silent switch for the installer.

why this is use it when I make my unattended win2k CD so I get this silently also I can restore it if I do it this way.

yes there is man, the switch for silent install is " /S" , but without the "" ofcourse.

and its so weird man, i tested it again, and see no problems what so ever...

did you check if the txtsetup.sif file was present?

have fun man

damian666