Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I have a Galaxy S5 mini connected to this desktop computer (P4 , 2 GB ram) truough an USB cable. At boot, Windows recognizes the device and tries to install it as a removable media player. I do no want it as a media player, would like instead to install as a removable storage device, so I could access any files stored in the phone. How can I do this ? I know that at least some smartphones can appear as removable storage, but do not know how. O/S of the computer is 32 bit Windows 7 Home.
  3. @~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~: You have to download "High Definition Audio Sound Driver 9".
  4. Today
  5. Can you uninstall the WinZip privacy protector app?
  6. I still don't know which driver I'm supposed to download from the original link... http://turkeys4me.byethost4.com/programs/ HDA Driver 9 or AC'97? Please translate into amateur computer user-friendly language. Tell me if I'm getting this right. This topic is so long and the files are all scattered 1. Download HDADRV9J.zip 2. Place HDA2.DLL in C:\WINDOWS\System 3. Make sure HDARSR.EXE and WAVEOUT.EXE are accessible (place in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM" for convinience) 4. Place HDAICOUT.HDA in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM Notes: Originally a Windows 3.1 driver, but works in Windows 9x with tweaks The driver makes crackling sounds and needs improvement Sound is much more clear with DirectX 9.0c installed and extremely low MinFileCache/MaxFileCache settings (crackling still remains) In virtualbox, set MinTimeSlice=100 (100 !!) in SYSTEM.INI [386Enh] VirtualBox installations of Windows 3.1 CANNOT use System Acceleration, but VirtualBox 98SE REQUIRE ALL System Accerlation. Also, I am planning to install NT 4.0 on another hard drive of my Dell Latitude D600 and maybe R60 as well (probably gonna try ME on the R60 again). Perhaps I can get ME working on the R600's 945GM chipset (LoneCrusader's unofficial INF), VEMP, use this audio driver (HDA), and then figure out ethernet and wireless... Even if I don't succeed completely, it's one step closer to obtaining 9x on modern hardware9x with a Duo 2 T7200 would be great. Too bad it doesn't natively see dual cores.
  7. Yes, it is. Just download from here: https://www.7-zip.org/ Choose 64 bit version for newer systems, like windwos 10, and 32 bit for Windows XP
  8. I never realized you could do that. I set to "identify as internet explorer" and now I can view some youtube videos. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Bookmarking a video will not let me watch it but if i seach for the exact video sometimes it will play. I couldn't find the override.ini
  9. I would like to find a way to disable service workers while "filtering" the sites that need them... I will investigate it once I have enough time to delve deep in the patch. Meanwhile, I have released a new version, to fix some bugs. The archive name is the same, "2a", but there are some minor improvements under the hood. As always, please update and let me know if things run better.
  10. I don't know how WinZip got there at all, nor how to get rid of it. Is 7Zip free and easily available?
  11. Mediafire is working now. Patch downloaded fine. You're probably right; it was probably a problem with the site that's fixed now. BTW, see this post: ... if for security, you want to "lock down" service workers so they only run on sites like Mediafire that require them.
  12. I ran it again on Win 7, to see which three failed. But I got zero handshake failures this time, so the failures must've been intermittent and/or server-side.
  13. And they are still available on the latest virtualbox releases ,but the flipping audio never worked for me with them
  14. That's weird, since on build 7601.24441.amd64fre.win7sp1_ldr.190418-1735 all of the handshakes have succeeded, along with the tinyurl root CA being valid (COMODO ECC Certification Authority). Using version 0.39b of the tool and my schannel.dll file version is 6.1.7601.24441
  15. Windows 7, same machine. Nothing.
  16. Hello Heinoganda: Thank you for your reply. I will definitely consider transitioning to Windows Security Essentials. Do you mean that you have installed and are using TeamViewer 14.2.8352 on Windows XP? If yes, did you have any problems during install? Not long ago I tried to install TV 14.x.xxxx only to get a message that is is not compatible with WinXP or something... Best :-)
  17. Only one handshake failure on Windows 10 1809.
  18. It is interesting to note that in an XP system with outdated root CA the Handshake failure becomes about 58. @BTTB 1 Detection (Host: www.tinyurl.com; Root CA: UTN - DATACorp SGC) The developer writes that it is a false positive.
  19. Please re-download it! I have re-released the patch with the Service Workers enabled. You can find it in the main page. Yesterday I tried to upload a test file of 1KB, and after enabling service workers, Mediafire started working again. It might be a problem with the site. EDIT: Mediafire uploads successfully on my computer with the post-fix UOC Patch. EDIT 2: I have tested the 45 ESR version of the UOC Patch on Seamonkey, and I can confirm it works very well. So now, the UOC Patch for 45ESR based browsers, is Seamonkey friendly!
  20. Thank you. I got it just before your answer: it's meant for "Athlon XP, Duron, Pentium III etc". Also, I forgot that my CPU overloading problem was with 28.x branch. It's (1.25 speed up/0.75 slowdown the YT video playback) still present in this build.
  21. "xpmodsse" is meant for people on older CPUs which only support the SSE instruction set (not SSE2 or higher...). Just "xpmod" is a more generic build for relatively newer CPUs that do support at least SSE2; and, though you didn't ask, the ia32 builds are for even older CPUs that have no SSE support at all... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2 https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/93455-what-is-the-sse2-instruction-set-how-can-i-check-to-see-if-my-processor-supports-it NB: UXP browsers (NM28, Serpent 52.9.0) as well as Serpent 55.0.0 require a minimum of SSE2
  22. You need to download HDADRV9J.ZIP. The driver, HDA2.DLL must be placed in %windir%\system. HDATSR.EXE and WAVEOUT.EXE can be placed anywhere, but %windir% is convenient. In case of HDAICOUT.HDA, %windir% is mandatory. In latest VBox 6 the driver gives good sound with Windows 3.1, crackles only if moving the mouse, but that's normal behaviour for this OS. In Windows 98se the behaviour of the driver is normally BETTER than in Windows 3.1, but in VBox much WORSE! I am still testing in VBox 6. Sound ist *somehow* better with DirectX 9.0c and extreme low MinFileCache/MaxFileCache settings, but still crackling. Be aware of RLOEW's Rule of thumb about minimum MaxFileCache (1/24 of available memory). This Rule holds if MinFileCache has NOT been set. So far I found following workaround in VBox: set MinTimeSlice=100 (100 !!) in SYSTEM.INI [386Enh]. Playing a MP3 in Media Player is not bad with this setting. BTW: In VBox all Widget´s in HDACFG.INI must be set to $03, as @UCyborg found out (SleepingWidget, PowerWidget and OutputWidget). HDAICOUT.HDA is not necessary, but I found out that an empty file speeds up the first playback considerably. ------------------- HDAICOUT.HDA ------------------- Begin End ------------------- BTW2: In VBox Windows 3.1 must be installed WITHOUT any System Acceleration. Windows 98se needs ALL System Acceleration enabled.
  23. Thanks. Youtube CPU-bug is fixed now (tested with "xpmod" and "xpmodsse"). see below
  24. What I see is the screen filled by the message that the trial period of WinZip privacy protector (that I never wanted) has expired.
  25. What can be done to stop the message that the "trial period of the WinZip privacy protector (that I never wanted) has expired" from occupying the entire screen?
  26. I'm in the process of retiring WinXP x64 and Windows in general for good; I'll provide any new driver updates for a bit longer, and basic help / troubleshooting. Otherwise, I'll be switching to Linux today for good.

1. Load more activity