Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. blackwingcat

How to use PEMaker

Okay I understand. You have to add 3 functions to export table, but you had added to import table. But the 3 functions exist newer Extended core.
  3. Today
  4. blackwingcat

How to use PEMaker

It seems that NTOSKRNL import table was broken. Is there enough room tables when you add any functions ?
  5. i430VX

Newest Adobe Flash and Shockwave, and Java, too!

I have not tested on 2003 x86 but if you cant even get the 8u151/152 to install you got some other problems.
  6. blackwingcat

KernelEx for Win2000

It requires Extended Core Binary (it has been supported since first version) and registry setting.
  7. FranceBB

Windows XP Spotter (the club)

The skin is dark blue, so it's probably embedded. Unfortunately, I don't have equally good news. When I was at the reception of the building in which my office is located, I noticed that the POS connected to the computer was different. As I got closer, I noticed that the interface was completely different. While I was getting my keys and signing a document, I saw the screensaver popping up on the POS... "Blimey!" I thought, "it's Linux!". So I pretended to look at my phone and I took a picture. This is a sign that companies are moving over XP: Apparently, old programmes are not compatible with the new Windows 10 Embedded for IoT and since programmes had to rewrite their code anyway, they just switched to Linux to avoid paying the licence and other things.
  8. Mathwiz

What software developed by Roytam1 do you use?

Which one? @roytam1 maintains several web browsers: New Moon (2 versions), Serpent (2 versions), FF 45, & Navigator.
  9. @UCyborg I just solved the window border issue by using "Winaero Tweaker" and adjusting the Customize Windows Borders "Border Padding" slider down to 0 (initially it was set to 4, the exact width of the problematic new borders highlighted in the image above). I hope this info helps anyone else attempting to work around these annoyances! -JT
  10. The title pretty much says it all as usual. I've tried disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot as well. However, a rufus pen drive will not boot! Any suggestions?
  11. Yesterday
  12. Yes, I'm willing to run such a script. Anything for the proliferation of Windows 2000
  13. deomsh

Audio driver for Realtek HD Audio Hardware?

@UCyborg: The XML-file won't open, there is some error dialog in my program (Windows 10). But I compared your codec graph with the Widget Diagrams in the data sheet, All Widgets seem to match. I can't see how VirtualBox will connect output's from Pin Widgets to your Host's (physical) Audio, but there are four possibilities according to the data sheet. In the mean time I found out that the Volume Knob needs Verbs different of Volume Widget one's, so a Volume Knob will probably not work with VolumeWidget setting in HDACFG.INI. All I can suggest is trying one of the four Output-connected DAC's, they all have a Volume/Mute function. You can try VolumeWidget=$02 / VolumeWidget=$03 / VolumeWidget=$04 or VolumeWidget=$05. Always reboot inbetween.
  14. @UCyborg The (Win 8) compatibility setting almost worked, now these annoying black borders are appearing below the Chrome top frame (see screenshot - border bars circled in green). Do you have any suggestions on how to remove these border bars introduced by the compatibility setting? Many thanks! -JT
  15. tomasz86

Unofficial SP 5.2 for Microsoft Windows 2000 (WIP)

Thank you. The log indeed indicates the official version of HFSLIP 2000, not the experimental one, and is exactly the same as mine from yesterday, which installs correctly here. Something must have gone wrong during the slipstreaming process, but the HFSLIP log, unfortunately, does not include any post-slipstreaming information. What is your host OS, by the way? HFSLIP, of course, always says "Windows Vista", but in reality this covers all Windows versions from Vista to 10. If the HFSLIP log included a full list of files with their version and what not, then it would be a different story, but with such limited information, I am unable to do any more blind troubleshooting. To really be able to investigate more, I would either need to have access to the full i386 folder to check the files myself, or ask you to run a special script that would make a full list of the slipstreamed files with their versions. My question is - would you be willing to run such a script? I am asking since I have to write the script first and do not want to do it for nothing. Another option would be to pack the i386 folder and upload it somewhere, but this would be classified as illegal Windows file sharing by M$, even if done only for troubleshooting purpose . PS To hide the content, you need to manually type [spoiler] [/spoiler] around the content you want to hide. It will show up as a thin line in the preview, but clicking on the line will not do anything at this stage. The content will become hidden only after you submit the post. Sounds complicated? Yes, the new "modern" and shiny forum software is kind of a pain to actually use. Who would have guessed...
  16. Thank you soooo much, @UCyborg! The compatibility mode setting (for Win 8) worked like a champ!
  17. Dave-H

Thanks again! I will test tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Cheers, Dave.
  18. deomsh

@Dave-H: Hereby version 202. If you want an Analog Audio input: enabling last line is mandatory. Further: you can choose out of five channels. I guess you have to enable Line2. Instructions are included in the file. Dave-H_ALC883_Hdaicout.hda.202 @farfigs11: Thanks for testing, nice that minfilecache=8192 and maxfilecache=8192 worked for you. If you attach HDACFG.INI and HDALOG.TXT I can take a look at your basic settings.
  19. Dave-H

Great, glad to hear of another success! Waveout.exe is the volume control program. You can set the left and right levels with the two sliders on the right hand side of the window, after you've clicked the button at the top to load the device information. The sliders aren't ganged together, but you can easily check the balance is correct as the left and right level parameters are displayed.
  20. The workaround relies on the codepaths still in place for Windows 7/8.x. When the support for those systems is dropped, they'll probably dump that code as well...
  21. farfigs11

@ Deomsh & Dave-H. I've been following your work here and finally got some time to give HDA a try on my Dell Inspiron 9400. It has Sigmatel 9200 audio. I followed pg1 of this topic instructions. The driver loaded and I could see HDA in the multimedia sound options however I got a BSOD with an "application error" when desktop loaded but was able to continue-no sounds heard. I then copied HDAICOUT.HDA to my Windows directory and on reboot heard 2 pop sounds- but still got the BSOD. Then I added the minfilecache,maxfilecache=8192 and rebooted. No more BSOD and the Welcome sound played at full volume. I grinned like a kid at Christmas at this point. That's all I have time for today, but thanks for all your hard work. I'll try to look into the volume control another time as I read you got that working.
  22. DrWho3000

Instagram videos not working in Firefox 52 ESR?

how do I do that please sure I never did that before
  23. Mcinwwl

What software developed by Roytam1 do you use?

I use web browser.
  24. Mcinwwl

Windows XP Spotter (the club)

Poor quality photo this time, but at least original content - XP booting in Warsaw suburban train Not sure if pure one or embedded. Photo from today's morning.
  25. Mathwiz

Instagram videos not working in Firefox 52 ESR?

If you did a Firefox reset, you'll probably have to recreate your userContent.css file again (or copy it from the other PC). As I understand it, a Firefox reset wipes out all customizations in your profile.
  26. Mathwiz

Microsoft security essentials and Windows XP

I think a batch file like this will get me by for a few days: @echo off net stop MsMpSvc echo Please ignore "At Risk" pop-up from Microsoft Security Essentials while the latest definitions are being installed cd %TEMP% if not exist mpam-fe.exe "%ProgramFiles%\HTTPSProxy\wget.exe" -O mpam-fe.exe http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/^?LinkID=121721^&clcid=0x409^&arch=x86^&eng=0.0.0.0^&avdelta=0.0.0.0^&asdelta=0.0.0.0^&prod=EDB4FA23-53B8-4AFA-8C5D-99752CCA7094 cd "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\Updates" "%ProgramFiles%\7-zip\7z.exe" x -y "%TEMP%\mpam-fe.exe" *.vdm del "%TEMP%\mpam-fe.exe" net start MsMpSvc 7-Zip and wget required. Note: this is specific to my system; you'll probably need to adjust some path names, depending on where 7-Zip and wget live on your own systems.
  27. forum very strange behaviour. had to reset login but no message coming. then i went back and i was logged in on page 137 here. when i go back to 136 i am signed out. want to add important informations. about video. so i will make it here: True for Winxp-SSE. video html 5 https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/html5-video-tuner/ alle formate bei SSE unterstützt!/all formats supported in SSE-PCs. ----------------- https://www.downfk.com/ onlineFACEBOOKvideodownloader https://www.downfk.com/private-downloader.php chrome addon https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/youtube-converter
  1. Load more activity