Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. deomsh

Audio driver for Realtek HD Audio Hardware?

@Dave-H: If you can live with your erratic Sound Mapper we're done. Enyoy the Sound! BTW: be aware of possible stability issues I mentioned in one of my post's of April, 11
  3. i tried and did what you said this is what i have general.useragent.overide Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1;rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0 ( is this format right ) but whatismybrowser still reports as 52 when I first did it, it worked ok, but doesnt seem to want to after a firefox reset i even tried doing Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0 still does same whatismybrowser reports as 52 is there a space between ; and rv even going to exteme general.useragent.overide;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1;rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0 shows above
  4. ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

Installing Windows XP on Bay Trail-M CPU?

This AIO computer does allow me to choose between legacy and the other option. I'm currently reattempting with more SATA drivers.
  5. Dave-H

Firefox extentions addons

Is that the case for all add-ons or just for some of them? Not all add-ons have a "Remove" button.
  6. @heinoganda Just used the new updater for the first time, and thanks from me too! Just one thing puzzled me, on the English translation, one of the options to select is labelled "Raue", or possible "Rave", which presumably is still German. "Raue" seems to mean "rough", and "rave" means, well "rave"! What should it be?
  7. VistaLover

Missing email client in the Start Menu.

You've set it as default via the app itself ; probably a long shot, but have you tried using the OS for this setting? https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=170#xp Do you still have Thunderbird 52.9.1 installed?
  8. burd

Nvidia Pascal Graphics Card Issue

Hmm , maybe , it might be a possibility
  9. Today
  10. Dave-H

Thanks, I don't have the front panel jacks connected. There are only two on my case anyway, green (presumably for headphones) and red (presumably for a microphone), so a line in wouldn't be possible there anyway without using a non-standard colour jack. Not something I need anyway! So, are we done?
  11. deomsh

@UCyborg: Great! But if Volume Widget=$03, than your sound is coming from DAC1, connected to Pin Widget 0C. If sound is still bad, you can try with OutputWidget=$03 in your HDACFG.INI, although HDAICOUT.HDA should have configured this Widget already.
  12. i430VX

Dell Dim. 8200 A09 Hyper-threading bios?

Go here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/dimension-8200/drivers Find the BIOS Update A09 Click the Arrow to expand the file Next to Version: A09 ,A09 click "Older Versions" then select the one you want and on the next page click "download file"
  13. Leifman

Possible to get Skype 8 up and running on XP?

yeah adding the other one and having those two doesn't change the end result unfortunately... at least u got some progress and understanding of the addon, but i guess the fact that it keeps it changed + every other one connected to it is the factor here that we can't replicate to fix it on the lower firefox versions i doubt it is a "windows xp" thing when with the addon it works on firefox 50 but with just spoofing as it always worked it gets that error thingy on mypal (firefox 27/28) as that addon can't do some insane magic that is nu-reproducable regardless thanks for the attempt!
  14. Mathwiz

My apologies; apparently it takes (at least) two SSUAOs: When you browse web.skype.com, the add-on changes your user agent, but keeps it changed for every site connected to thereafter, so there may be more I haven't discovered yet.
  15. https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/Dimension-8200-Bios-A09-Hyperthreading/td-p/466727 Hello, I have a Dell Dimension 8200 with a Pentium 4, 3.06 Ghz, 1.5 GB RAM, and a Geforce 6200. The Bios on this computer is A09, however, this version of the bios doesn't support hyper-threading, an older version of it did (Dell took down the hyper-threading bios soon after the release). On the link above, users mention a place I could find the bios at, but they didn't post a link, and just refer to the site as "Spongebob's website." Does anyone know where I could reach this site, or does anyone know of another way I could get this bios? -thanks
  16. FranceBB

chrome 49 XP

I quote myself to give you a little update. It may look like as if we are doing nothing, but we're not. @someguy25 asked me about Chromium 74 and since I really love Chromium, we re-forked it once again and I tried to backport for the 5th time. Compiling it using v141_xp and targeting XP leads to nowhere as the new SDK does not compile, however commenting out the sandbox and some other parts of the code made it compile, however the code was unusable as 27 calls were missing (including - but not limited to - the kernel). By removing many unnecessary components and taking it to its very bone, I managed to lower the number down and by linking it to the @Dibya modified kernel we managed to get this number even lower. Right now, the only missing calls are QueryThreadCycleTime, SymGetSearchPathW, SymSetSearchPathW, SHGetKnownFolderPath, SetProcessDPIAware, however the SymGetSearch can be delayed and not loaded at start-time and SetProcessDPIAware can be faked to equal true all the time, so the only really meaningful kernel call that has to be implemented and backported is QueryThreadCycleTime, 'cause once we get that and we fake SetProcessDPIAware, we're gonna get Chromium74 open and display the UI, which would be totally positive sign. BOOL QueryThreadCycleTime( HANDLE ThreadHandle, PULONG64 CycleTime ); It refers to the realtimeapiset.h which works on Windows7 and greater only and it has two parameters: ThreadHandle, which has either the PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION or PROCESS_QUERY_LIMITED_INFORMATION access right and CycleTime which is the number of CPU clock cycles used by the thread and it includes cycles spent in both user mode and kernel mode. In order to avoid to try to use it, I tried to convert the Thread32 function and use the elapsed time, however I didn't manage to get positive results as it's important to know the exact clock cycles as it varies between CPUs, for instance some CPUs will vary the frequency of the timer when changing the frequency at which the CPU runs and others will leave it at a fixed rate, so asserting it will almost certainly lead to wrong results (which is what happened in my case). Unfortunately I don't have much time to dedicate at this, nor my "virtual XP colleagues" like Dibya, Samuel and Peter do as we're all very busy for a reason or another and we don't also wanna become blind by staring at "apparently meaningless" lines of code... I'm sorry that my fifth attempt to backport Chromium led to nowhere once again... Good night, Frank...
  17. 360 Extreme Explorer 11.0.2031.0 - working on Vista! It's based on Chromium 69.0.3497.100. And this is the latest rendering engine that exists for Vista. Works stably, Chrome extensions are supported. Here - https://browser.360.cn/ee/en.html
  18. Leifman

nah same result as using my Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.113 Safari/537.36 , ends up in that startup_load_error unfortunately. mhm, not exactly... but something similar has happened to me: basically all of the contacts i already had have not dropped but 2 of my most recent contacts that i think use the phone app or at least definitely not the pc versions are as if they require "accepting" when i know for a fact they are accepted (coz they are fine on the 'for web' version) so i assumed those 2 latest one are due to the phone app and old pc version mix/issues or what not, but i did not have old contacts going in that mode suddenly... weird to hear p.s. - that is exactly why i am so sad about the "skype for web" thingy... i don't have skype on a phone nor use phones for anything other then u know, talking lol (yeah im one of those that don't bother with phones for anything other than talk or the rare text) and skype for web was my solution to those contacts that appear to "require accepting" even if i know they are 100% accepted and talked to already. because via skype for web i was able to message those :\
  19. Here is the result of the script: https://mega.nz/#!MtdXHCKS!WFdzcRe3pIA7fWsj22YlV171hI4R9wg2GHSEvAntj00
  20. Apparently my assumptions were incorrect, and so is this thread's title. I searched through Chromium's commit history and found out only the option in chrome://flags was removed, the functionality is still intact and can be invoked using a command line parameter, see here. So one must add --disable-features=Windows10CustomTitlebar parameter to Chrome's shortcut properties, at the end of the Target field on the Shortcut tab. This method doesn't have any undesired side effects like running in compatibility mode has.
  21. DrWho3000

Firefox extentions addons

Can someone help me in about:addons of Firefox, I don't see a delete icon only a disable or change, yet it is there in my other PC FF browser is there something missing from the config can't upload a pic as it won't let me
  22. deomsh

@Dave-H: Nice that Line1 is working. According to your Motherboard manual Line2 is for the HDA front panel (page 2-23). Can problably made working too. @farfigs11: Thanks for the files! The STAC9200 data sheet mentioned node 0B as Master Volume. Verbs are Standard. Try VolumeWidget=$0B in HDACFG.INI. But are you sure about your codec? HDACFG.INI indicates a different one. BTW According your HDACFG.INI I don't think your system will accept my version of the "universal" HDAICOUT.HDA. But since you have sound you should try without.
  23. IIRC you have to install 4.5.2 as said, and then update it with the files in the 4.5.2016.18 package, which is the most recent that has all the necessary files in it. 4.5.2016.19 and 4.5.2016.20 just contain updates to some (but not all) of the dll files. 4.5.2016.20 just contains an updated kexbases.dll for instance.
  24. Dave-H

Have you "lost" any of your contacts on Skype 7? I noticed a week or so ago that one of my contacts had reverted to "Messaging disabled until request is accepted" and says that they haven't shared contact details with me. This is nonsense as I've been exchanging messages with them for months, and they still appear as an active contact on my Android phone app, and on my copies of Skype 8! Just today I've noticed that another of my contacts has dropped off Skype 7 in exactly the same way, so I'm wondering if they'll all now go one by one! If I message them from another Skype version the new messages still appear in Skype 7, but I can't reply there any more.
  25. Mathwiz

Took a look inside; AIUI, the add-on is basically nothing more than a SSUAO: (Edit: My apologies. Apparently it takes at least two SSUAOs! Sneaky devils) general.useragent.override.skype.com = Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Fedora; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.86 Safari/537.36 general.useragent.override.skypeassets.com = Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Fedora; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.86 Safari/537.36 Try those on MyPal.
  26. Take the full package 4.5.2 from sourceforge. A full package 4.5.2016.18 or .19 doesn't exist!
  1. Load more activity