[Caution] Don't Use VirtualPC 2007

nokia999i

The VMWare 6 beta is sluggish due to it having debugging code. Definitely stick with 5.5.3.

i made an vmware lite addon where debug and many other things removed, now it runs faster then ever ;)

if u want, nliteos.com :)

im still using ur vmlite 5.5.2.. i nver knew uv updated it .. thnx again !!

OMGZ0RS, VIRTUAL PC IS TEH SLOW!!!!!111 :rolleyes:

VPC2007 works fine, been using it since the first beta. And unlike VMWare, it doesn't annoyingly take control of the mouse just because I happened to type something in the VM.

Edited by RyanVM

I agree with hulkviper. VirtualBox is good enough to test an nLited os. The only feature I miss is dragging & dropping files, but it's no big deal anyway, trasferring just requires little more clicks. :rolleyes:

Btw host/guest copy/paste ability should be available in the next version.

wow VirtualBox is a LOT faster than VPC, it seems to work faster than my normally does during install (because of the hard drive being a lot faster than a dvd)

anyone got any windows install test times between the 3 programs?

• 4 months later...

I must say till recently vpc2007 has been great of late I've been having network issues with it not connecting to the net? Tried all sorts to fix it no go?

Don't know if there may be an xp update conflicting with it or not?

Anyone else experiencing same??

I must say till recently vpc2007 has been great of late I've been having network issues with it not connecting to the net? Tried all sorts to fix it no go?

Did you use nLite to delete any drivers? That caused/fixed it for me. Don't delete any drivers and VPC works perfectly.

Did you use nLite to delete any drivers? That caused/fixed it for me. Don't delete any drivers and VPC works perfectly.

Yes I do though always use the same preset.ini?...So why now this problem & not at all during the last six months since I downloaded & installed VPC2007??

MS Virtual PC 2007 has been working OK for me. (but I haven't yet figured out how to drag files between the host and the vpc)

Yes, it's slow, but speed seems to depend on the amount of RAM you allocate to it.

If you let it take the default memory size then VPC2007 runs slower, and if you manually set the memory size bigger it runs faster.