Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

call it from guirunonce, it's powerfull.

ECHO. 
color 30
ECHO Installing Q832483 Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\Q832483.exe /T:%systemdrive%\install\tmp /C:"%systemdrive%\install\tmp\dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q
ECHO.
color b0
ECHO Installing Q817778 Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\windowsXP-KB817778-x86-ENU.exe /Q /N /Z /O
ECHO.
color f0
ECHO Installing DirectX 90 Security Update
start /wait  %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\directx90-kb839643-x86-ENU.exe /quiet /norestart

yeah, i was running it from guirunonce.

i was missing the /O in the last set of switches. i'll add that to this build and see if it makes any difference. pretty sure i've tried that before.

by the way, putting this line as the first [setupHotfixesToRun] in svcpack.inf applies this patch properly without needing to use it in guirunonce... i had problems with that one too, but this seems to work good (thanks to whomever i got this line from somewhere!)

[setupHotfixesToRun]

"Q832483.exe /C:""dahotfix.exe /q /n"" /q:a"

I was missing the /O in the last set of switches.
My only guess is that you're doing something wrong. Sorry...

Sorry what was that again?

I knew it was the advanced networking package that caused the error, but you didn't read the post...

NOT SVCPACK.INF SUPPORTED - Anything shown below must not be processed by svcpack. Instead, these should be installed on first logon to process silent unattended installations of these updates.

But....then again, you did say you ran it from GUIRunOnce, but as I said, user error. It may be an error in the XML your using...never know. But that'd still be user error :)

Looks like I was right, right? :rolleyes:

I was missing the /O in the last set of switches.

My only guess is that you're doing something wrong. Sorry...
Sorry what was that again?

I knew it was the advanced networking package that caused the error, but you didn't read the post...

NOT SVCPACK.INF SUPPORTED - Anything shown below must not be processed by svcpack. Instead, these should be installed on first logon to process silent unattended installations of these updates.

But....then again, you did say you ran it from GUIRunOnce, but as I said, user error. It may be an error in the XML your using...never know. But that'd still be user error :)

Looks like I was right, right? :rolleyes:

i'm not using XML. i'm not using xplode.

and no, i said i was missing it from THIS trial; not altogether.

i'm pretty sure i've used it in the past. like i said, i've tried using the type 1 and type 2 and my own investigation of -q -u -z or whatever, and none of them seemed to work.

i'm sure i included the /o in a past trial, we shall see if it works.

and FWIW, i copied all the command line switches originally from the HOWTO/thread examples. so it wasn't my personal fault of doing anything wrong; i blame it on the original documentation for this specific service pack. even microsoft's site example for it didn't work properly (IIRC) - so i had to try to take it into my own hands.

:D NEVER say to alanoll/GM/Wraith you're sure. thats the lesson i have learn here....  :rolleyes:

heh alanoll......  :)

once again, i ask you to refrain from posting anything unless it's going to be useful.

@mike503

Sorry, I got you and RuNnaH confused on the XML bit. I thought you were the one posting the image, but either way it was the Neworking Pack. RuNnaH is using XPlode so his is XML. My bad..... but you are right on the kiss a$$ thing. There really isn't a need to post that :) But atleast Solid did learn his lesson from his mistake the last time he thought he was sure.

Did you get it working?

:D NEVER say to alanoll/GM/Wraith you're sure. thats the lesson i have learn here....  :D

heh alanoll......  :)

once again, i ask you to refrain from posting anything unless it's going to be useful.

once again. i try to help you. but you stay posting with big mouth. if you are so smart, then you can do it alone....

stay posting I was wrong. alanoll was wrong we are all wrong is stupid and needles. you dont give enough usefull information, so you was self wrong. i have say i GUESS, can you read?

cya :rolleyes:

@mike503

Sorry, I got you and RuNnaH confused on the XML bit. I thought you were the one posting the image, but either way it was the Neworking Pack. RuNnaH is using XPlode so his is XML. My bad..... but you are right on the kiss a$$ thing. There really isn't a need to post that :) But atleast Solid did learn his lesson from his mistake the last time he thought he was sure.

Did you get it working?

yes i did, thank you.

apparently i must not have ever put down the /O switch before (but believe me - i tried so many combinations and attempts i couldn't remember which ones i had tried; if i would have known it would be so troublesome i would have written down each trial, but i always thought "oh the next one will work")

i'm actually switching now to a runonceex method for the majority of things.

it appears my first trial of it skipped a ton of svcpack.inf entries... all of them were applied prior to this too. very odd. unless one of the runonceex things overwrote those files...

haven't had much time to investigate that one. only thing i changed was from using the start.cmd method to runonceex.cmd method to enter in the stuff into the registry.

actually

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Hotfix KB817778" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\windowsXP-KB817778-x86-ENU.exe /Q /O /N /Z" /f

now this does not work :)

it pops up the usage box again! hah.

wonder why it worked once and does not now.

EDIT: now this install, it did.

i wonder if order of command line parameters makes any difference. hrm.

oh well. if it fails on the NEXT try (and i'm not changing any of those command lines) i'll be baffled once more.

Edited by mike503

Hi,

I am getting an error that must be happening during my SVCPack.inf installation. I say must because, the screen (see attached image - not mine) has that same error.

When I click OK, the Windows media player screen pops up for a sec (which says to me that whatever was skipped, WMP was close after it.

The Image here was borrowed from RuNnaH's posting because it had the same error window (not the other stuff in the background).

Here is my SVCPack.inf:

[Version] 
Signature="$Windows NT$"
MajorVersion=5
MinorVersion=1
BuildNumber=2600

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\i386\Update"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
Q816093.exe /Q:A /R:N
Q814995.exe /Q /N /Z /O
Q327979.exe /Q /N /Z /O
Q327405.exe /Q:A /R:N
Q322011.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB870669.exe /Q:A /R:N
KB842773.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB841873.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB840374.EXE /Q /N /Z /O
KB840315.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB839645.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB839643.EXE /Q /N /Z /O
KB837272.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB837001.EXE /Q /N /Z /O
KB835732.EXE /Q /N /Z /O
KB828741.EXE /Q /N /Z /O
KB828035.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB826939.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB825119.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB824141.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB824105.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB823353.exe /Q:A /R:N
KB823182.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB822603.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB821253.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB820291.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB819639.exe /Q:A /R:N
KB817778.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB810243.exe /Q /N /Z /O
WMP9MM2.exe
qchain.exe
DX9NTopk.exe

Any ideas whats wrong?

post-70-1090908962_thumb.png

Updated recently:

Name: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c Redistributable

File Name: directx_9c_redist.exe

Version: 9.0c

Type: Redistributable (see note below)

Size: 34,276 KB

Updated: 26 July 2004

Link: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c Redistributable

Notes: This download provides the DirectX 9.0c end-user multi-languaged redistributable that developers can include with their product. The redistributable license agreement covers the terms under which developers may use the Redistributable. For full details please review the DirectX SDK EULA.txt and DirectX Redist.txt files located in the license directory.