Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

"2) DirectX.cab and BDA.cab may be excluded if your application is not

supported on version of Windows 95, 98, 98 Second Edition or Millenium."

Does that mean that we can delete those files if we're running Windows XP?

Thanks prathapml.

Two things now... At the top of the first post it says that this is only for critical updates, but the Advanced Networking Pack recommended update is listed. Is this just for the sake of noting that it can't be installed with SVCPACK, for those who choose to use it? And the Windows Media Player 8 update is referred to as Q817787 but is actually KB817787. The sample code on the unattended guide's Installing Hotfixes page also makes this error... Just saying that it would be good to fix those, as it's been one of the many things that has tripped me up so far.

List updated:

New Cumulative update for Internet Explorer released (867801), this replaces the last cumulative update (832894) and all the ones before that. We stress that you remove all old IE cumulative updates from svcpack.inf to avoid issues.

'KB' or 'Q' isn't important in the filename.

I know, I meant that either the code on the page needs to be updated or the file needs to be renamed after downloading to be the same as the code in order for the batch to actually open it. It's a no-brainer, but it was easy for me to miss, personally.

I have been working with your information (about 7 months). I was wondering why the files for OEM Unattended are not specific. One choice I found was simple 8.3 names working in instances. Another choice was stating that OEM installation was the event of full install. Another choice which I don't understand and would ask help about is the WINNT.BAT file, could it be used for UPGRADE INSTALLATION. I have made a path work here on an Upgrade Unattended CD and include it to like the example (OemPnPDriversPath=OEMDRVRS\1via4in1;OEMDRVRS\2net;OEMDRVRS\3cabaud;OEMDRVRS\3msnvidia;OEMDRVRS\3nvcinem;OEMDRVRS\3SDBLSTR;OEMDRVRS\4elsa;OEMDRVRS\4nvcap;OEMDRVRS\8MODEM;OEMDRVRS\9MOUSE)

this path works during Upgrade

CD:\I386\OEMDRVRS\...

Including madeup winnt.bat ???

@rem SetupMgrTag

@echo off

rem

rem This is a SAMPLE batch script generated by Setup Manager.

rem If this script is moved from the location where it was generated, it may have to be modified.

rem

set AnswerFile=E:\i386\Winnt.sif

set SetupFiles=E:\i386

CD:\i386\winnt32 /s:%SetupFiles% /unattend:%AnswerFile%