WPI 5.1 Bug Reports

This one should work ... ;)

open installer.js and search for the next code snippet

for(i=0; i<programs.length && programs[i] != null && !BreakLoop; i++)
{
ce++;
programs[i].success=false;
programs[i].fail=false;
UpdateInstallList(ce,programs);

StartLogEntry(programs[i]);

InstallOne(i,'regb');
CheckInstaller();

for(j=1; j<=6 && !BreakLoop; j++)
{
InstallOne(i,'cmd'+j);
CheckInstaller();
}
CheckInstaller();

InstallOne(i,'rega');
CheckInstaller();

WriteLogLine("Finished installation");

UpdateProgressBar(Math.round((ce/programs.length)*100));
Pause(0,250);
}

Replace it with

for(k=0; k<programs.length && programs[k] != null && !BreakLoop; k++)
{
ce++;
programs[k].success=false;
programs[k].fail=false;
UpdateInstallList(ce,programs);

StartLogEntry(programs[k]);

InstallOne(k,'regb');
CheckInstaller();

for(j=1; j<=6 && !BreakLoop; j++)
{
InstallOne(k,'cmd'+j);
CheckInstaller();
}
CheckInstaller();

InstallOne(k,'rega');
CheckInstaller();

WriteLogLine("Finished installation");

UpdateProgressBar(Math.round((ce/programs.length)*100));
Pause(0,250);
}

Also make the previous modification I posted in order for this to work (I think ...).

Oh, my fault Pliek ... it's not you ... %wpipath% automatically returns the path with a trailing backslash.

So to remove the unneeded \\ do a replace all for "%wpipath%\\" with "%wpipath%" only if you want to do it yourself.

I'll attach a fixed one to spare you the operation ...

What do you guys (kel and mritter) think about changing this variable to the windows standard in the next release?

I mean I'd like it to have no trailing slashes ... it's not that hard .. we can make a folder-replace (like the one supported by dreamweaver) to fix all the instances in the archive at once. Well, except the one in generate.js which would have to be manually edited. About 5 minutes ...

config.7z

Edited by sadicq

Sadicq, you just solved the problem.

Now i just hope someone will make and official update, like a version 5.11 or something, and incorpurate your changes.

Now 5.1 is stable and running smooth.

THAAAANKS

Ok guys, we should have the culprit for your bug, thanks to Sadicq for finding the right reason: those bastard counters that have a global scope while they should only have a local one.

@Sadicq, good job, you're second mod (replacing 'i' with 'k') fixes it.

The best way to fix it is simply to add var i; at the beginning of ReplacePath() in generate.js:

it's the 'i' from that function that messes with the 'i' in InstallPrograms().

The bug is only triggered when using environment variables like %Systemdrive%.

That's why it was quite a stealth bug.

function ReplacePath(v)
{
position="generate.js";
whatfunc="ReplacePath()";

var i;
var rs = new String();

addition on line 117.

We will have to tighten the scope of all the counters for 5.2.

how about the first one? Is it a typo or not? I think that i has nothing to do with that and item is the one that should go there ... of course that if you consider i global, it works ... but we're exposed to further errors. :wacko:

Congratulations solving this bug...Solution also helped for me,WPI runs like a horse now. :thumbup

Thanks sadicq and Djé for the massive support.

LOL

Thanks sadicq for editting config.js it works like you said, no more \\ . :thumbup

Edited by Pliek

After fixing this bug that everybody had, i have one more...

For every installation file I have this command line:

"%systemdrive%\Install\Run_CD.exe [sOME_PARAMETER]"

[sOME_PARAMETER] is diffrent for every program, but for "outside world" the Run_CD has same results. It is an AutoIt file that does something and has no return parametar. Now here is the problem...

Every copleated installation is marked with FALIURE, and only 2nd is marked as SUCCESS...

Why??? What do I have to do???

If anybody woundering Run_CD looks for a installation packet spacefied as parametar, trying to find it in special folder on all CD/DVD drives. If it exists it runs it, if not, it does nothing...

Edit:

I even added "Exit 0" in my Run_CD and still same

Sample log

WPI Installation Log File
Install process started at: 18. srpanj 2006 22:08:47
List of programs to be installed:   Adobe Reader   Audacity   AutoIt   BartPE   CDBurnerXP   CDImage   Colibri   BitLord   BlackBox   Close_CD-tray
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:08:50   Program: Adobe Reader   UID: ADOBEREADER   Order: 900002   Category: Viewers   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:51   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_AdobeReader"   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:51   Finished installation
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:08:51   Program: Audacity   UID: AUDACITY   Order: 900003   Category: MultiMedia   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:52   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_Audacity"   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:52   Finished installation
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:08:52   Program: AutoIt   UID: AUTOIT   Order: 900004   Category: Programing   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:53   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_AutoIt"   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:53   Finished installation
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:08:54   Program: BartPE   UID: BARTPE   Order: 900005   Category: Tools   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:55   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_BartPE"   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:55   Finished installation
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:08:55   Program: CDBurnerXP   UID: CDBURNERXP   Order: 900008   Category: Tools   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:56   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_CDBurnerXP"   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:56   Finished installation
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:08:56   Program: CDImage   UID: CDIMAGE   Order: 900009   Category: Tools   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:57   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_CDImage"   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:57   Finished installation
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:08:58   Program: Colibri   UID: COLIBRI   Order: 900011   Category: Tools   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:59   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_Colibri"   18. srpanj 2006 22:08:59   Finished installation
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:08:59   Program: BitLord   UID: BITLORD   Order: 900006   Category: Internet   18. srpanj 2006 22:09:00   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_BitLord"   18. srpanj 2006 22:09:00   Finished installation
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:09:00   Program: BlackBox   UID: BLACKBOX   Order: 900007   Category: System   18. srpanj 2006 22:09:01   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_BlackBox"   18. srpanj 2006 22:09:01   Finished installation
-----
18. srpanj 2006 22:09:02   Program: Close_CD-tray   UID: CLOSE_CDTRAY   Order: 900010   Category: Registry Tweaks   18. srpanj 2006 22:09:03   cmd1 Success (returned code 0): "C:\Install\Run_CD.exe UAI_Close_CD-tray"   18. srpanj 2006 22:09:03   Finished installation
-----
Install process finished at: 18. srpanj 2006 22:09:03
Edited by hexbin

Now installation process is normal but near every program come a red cross wich MUST means something not good? BUT in wpi log everything is perfect! And progs install and work!

At this time its not a big problem, i believe in coming 5.2 it will be fixed.

ADD: And once more! Guys can you help:

In wpi config i tick Reboot in 45 seconds but then i test it in VirtualPC at the end of install popup a window: Your comp will be restarted in 1 second and PC rebooted!!!??? Is it bug i think!!

Edited by fanatf1

@hexbin: You're install log shows only successes, so your bug may be the same as fanatf1's 1st bug. See below.

Now installation process is normal but near every program come a red cross wich MUST means something not good? BUT in wpi log everything is perfect! And progs install and work!

At this time its not a big problem, i believe in coming 5.2 it will be fixed.

ADD: And once more! Guys can you help:

In wpi config i tick Reboot in 45 seconds but then i test it in VirtualPC at the end of install popup a window: Your comp will be restarted in 1 second and PC rebooted!!!??? Is it bug i think!!

For the 1st bug, can you:

- confirm that all commands are marked as 'success' in the log file?

- tell us if it still happens if you implement sadicq's 1st suggestion? I'm really not sure if this is the root of the problem but we'd better make sure.

About the second bug, please double check that 'Do Not Load Desktop' is not checked in the options.

This one makes the computer reboot BEFORE the desktop loads!

Well, I'm 90% sure the first fix I made is fixing this. Anyway, at the end of my second fix, I said all of you who encounter this to make the first one too, because it's necessary. The programs work because in the InstallOne() function, not the programs are messed up, but the success and fail properties.

Edited by sadicq

Yes, Sadicq is right.

@fanatf1, if you used his second fix, then I'm 99.99% ;) sure that you have to use the 1st one as well to make it work properly.

If you used only my fix, then the problem comes from something else...

some problems here with player in install part.

my old song .mid in WPI is playing , in install not (Ozone - Dragostea Din Tei)

other .mp3 in install part is interrupted twice on every second .. starting for 10..20 seconds ok .

and when start the interruptions , the install process is delayed ...!?

i burn already a CD with WPI (separate CD, not uA)

same old song in my old disks wpi 4.38b2 , install part, is ok !

ok , ok , i made with your recommendations some MINOR changes , but

yours WPI how are they playing ? especially in install part ? (not from harddisk)

maybe some wrong with my media player + updates v.10.00.00.4036 ?

Mine works just fine. It looks like you're running low on system resources ... or maybe it reads from the cdrom while it's playing and installing at the same time. Are you installing from cd or from hdd?

Anyway, I'd like to know what theme you are using so I can look at the method the player is embed..

One more thing: can you send me the mid file so I can look at it too?

Edited by sadicq