Codec slipstreaming

tain

hi maniaq! i noticed that you have directx_aug2006_redist.exe in HF ... this is not supposed to be the case --- you need to extract this file to a temp folder & you need the following in HFCABS:

Apr2005_d3dx9_25_x86.cab

Apr2006_d3dx9_30_x86.cab

Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab

Dec2005_d3dx9_28_x86.cab

Feb2005_d3dx9_24_x86.cab

Feb2006_d3dx9_29_x86.cab

as for wm11 addon, you need this file: Boooggy_WMP11Addon.cab ... HFSLIP does not support .7z files ... you need the .cab file

besides it won't really work since you are replacing win media player via HFEXPERT: \hfslip\HFEXPERT\APPREPLACEMENT\MPLAYER2.exe ...

i'd suggest too trying it out again with Tain's packs or MSFN's codec pack ...

report back again after doing these suggestions & i'm sure you'll hit it this time :)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

ok i will try.tnx :lol:

ps. i found Jun2005_d3dx9_26_x86.cab file also so i'm including it too

also i have just noticed that i dont have wmp11 addon made by boooggy in cab file

Edited by maniaq

that's strange ... do you nLite? could you post again you HFSLIP.LOG during your last run ... please double check too if you are still replacing the base media player (or if you might be removing media player 6 via nLite) ...

okay ... i did a little search for you ... read on & try to see if this file will work in HFAAO: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24978#24978 (this is the .cab ver of boooggy's Windows Media Player 11 RunOnceEx Addon) ... please note

DONT USE IT IF U INSTALL OTHER RUNONCEEX ADDONS.
... media player 10 may either be placed in HF or HFSVCPACK_SW

just to share: the file i have been using is this: Boooggy_WMP11Addon.cab ... so maybe you could request from Boooggy the .cab file

ps. i found Jun2005_d3dx9_26_x86.cab file also so i'm including it too
oh yes include this too ... i missed out in pasting it in my earlier reply ;) ...

to add another link you could check out:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2284

Edited by Kiki Burgh

the thing is i that hate installing over RUNONCEEX so i use slipstreaming into windows source, so as for the codecs i used this codec pack http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2009 but here there isn't all codecs that i want to, and then i ssw hfslip wich does include more codecs, but then all problems came :(

yes i use nlite and i dont remove wmp 6 i have checked that many times.

i use nlite to integrate wmp10 (wmp11) but how can this do any problems?? :wacko:

ps i noticed that Aug2006_xinput_x86.cab is'n needed but that doesnt change anything

Edited by maniaq

hi maniaq! let us simplify this a bit ... the HFSLIP way

(1) put MP10Setup.exe in either HF or HFSVCPACK_SW

(2) put all media player related hotfixes in HF

(3) put wmfdist95.exe in HF

(4) place Boooggy_WMP11Addon.cab in HFAAO (this folder you have to create manually)

as i've said, all works perfectly for me even if boooggy's addon made use of the beta ver (well MS has not released a final yet :P)

as for DX, Aug2006_xinput_x86.cab is not needed

do not integrate via nLite ... if you do then you need to seek nuhi's advise on this ...

this AddonWMP10 new.zip is some patch you use via nLite too, right?

try also setting CABRecompress to Enabled (Yes)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

the 1st 1 from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24978#24978 is Windows Media Player 11 RunOnceEx Addon ... this is a cab file alright but then again this was not what i used ;) ... try it though

the 2nd 1 from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2319 [RELEASE] Boooggy's Windows Media Player 11 Addon is a 7-Zip file (which will not work in HFAAO :() ... if i remember it right it used to be .cab too (but i may be wrong) ... & i saw that you have already posted a request from boooggy's thread :)

good luck!

I'm a multimedia dummy and a little confused about the various codec packs which are available.

I only want to be able to play the most important multimedia files on my workstation.

(DVDs,MJPEG,MPEG2,MP3,Quicktime,Realmedia,MP4,XVID-DIVX)

At the moment I use CCCP+QTalt+Realalt+MainConcept MJPEG 3.0+MPC

But it seems not to be easy to integrate them proper with HFSLIP on my W2K-CD.

I don't know much about codecs,filters,splitters,demuxer... and how to use them - so

can anybody tell me with few words what the pros and cons of the various codec packages are?

(TAiN's, Sharks, CCCP, Satzuki, MSFN...)

And which of them can be successfully integrated with HFSLIP?

I want to avoid spending hours for each try because I have bad experience with too much codecs hogging my system.

tain's pack contains technically what you need to be able to play most media files out there ... tain has also created individual packs like quicktime & real in case a user may not want those slipstreamed ... :) you may find the link in the 1st page of this thread ... MSFN's codec pack, which has a link too found in the 1st page, is great too ... both work well with HFSLIP ...

tain's pack(s) go in HFEXPERTS\CODECS (these directories you have to create manually)

MSFN's codecs2.8.exe (courtesy of swgreed and Yzowl) may go in:

a. HFSVCPACK (if unextracted)

b. HFEXPERT\CODECS (if extracted)

c. HFAAO (if using the .cab file from RyanVM's site ... although i think this is only ver 2.6)

tain's & msfn's codec packs are most compatible with HFSLIP! :D

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Thanks,

since the MSFN pack has the same+newer content as TAiNs (+ a little more like GSpot), I will give it a try.

But what is with Quicktime and Realmedia? Do they work? The thread is a little contradictory with this topic.

(+The files from TAiN are quite old: QT Version 6.5...?)

there will be version differences mostly in Div-X & X-Vid files, right Tain? :) he's online now ... btw, GSPot is for testing codecs - it is not a codec ... quicktime is digital video standard developed for Apple Macintosh computers & are also playable in Windows ... realmedia are for files basically played by Real Media Player ....

Edited by Kiki Burgh