Codec slipstreaming

tain

Dagnabit! I was trying this yesterday using the splitter from your pack but had no luck...

Apparently my test FLV was bad. I thought it was OK since VLC would play it...but the thread you linked had more FLV test files and those work fine when I load the splitter. Then I found two threads (apparently outdated) on doom9 that said there wasn't a decoder so it made sense at the time :blushing:

Also, please enable "FLV1" in the FFDShow Video Configuration.
FFDShow isn't used here :blink:

Thanks for your help with this and for putting out your cool pack. I use it a lot for this project!

-16JUL06

Removed QT & Real from main pack. They are available as separate packs and do work for some people, but the "Alternative" installers are the best option for most people.

Added FLV to main pack

Created separate FLV pack. Works with FLV4 fourcc only. FLV1 from YouTube and Google don't work. Use VLC.

Quicktime pack is now posted.

Updated Codec Test Pack (the movies):

- Removed two redundant DivX tests

- Added VP6, VP7, FLV1, FLV4 and RV10

Not having much luck with H.264. It looks like FFDShow would do the job, but that contradicts the whole idea of these slipstreamed codecs.

EDIT: CoRoNe just sent me some great info for H.264 support. #1 on the to-do list. Thanks CoRoNe!

The file copy errors should be fixed now. Please report any problems.

Fixed the images in the first post and updated the content.

Oh, and I double-checked for faulty uploads this time ;)

Edited by TAiN

And playback works OK? Do you have any issues with different versions of QT-encoded files?

I am surprised to hear this as QT is broken on my installations. Can you post a g-spot report of a qt render on your system?

hi Tain!

my apologies i have not ben able to do the gspot tests ... i thought i had it but i am going to download 1 again ... :( but truly, i can play quicktime files ... used VLC, used WMP, & even quicktime ... weird ;) my apologies, i have not ben able to do the gspot tests just yet ... i thought i had it but i am going to download 1 again ... :( oops, suddenly remember ... i could use the gspot in the very 1st pack posted (in the original thread), right? a little guidance though, how do i exactly run the said test & generate the results? thanks!

btw, there are 33 files present in the latest pack, right?

Oh, and I double-checked for faulty uploads this time ;)
yup ... it is good! :) Edited by Kiki Burgh

So QT works pretty well for you, huh? Except no browser plug-in, right?

Gspot link, and report info:

Please list this info for the affected video: 4CC, compatible video codecs, and stream type. This is all reported by gspot for a properly encoded file. AFTER you get this data, click on RENDER, wait for it to finish, and then click on "Rendering successful (click for details)". I'd be interested to hear what is in there as well.

33 files is correct. Don't forget to add in the QT pack since it works for you but is separate now.

hi Tain!

i'm sorry for not being able to get back to you the soonest on this ... here are some findings that are kinda embarrassing since i thought the files were playing for me ... :no: this time i used your test files ... i'm not sure though if these are what i need to post (or if i did the right thing in running the gspot tests) ...

Applemov/Audio-AAC quicktime

Rendering failed: Following is erro reported by DirectShow:

0x80040265: Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported.

divx4-PCM

(Src)-->(A)-->[AVI Splitter ]>---->[DivX Decoder Filter ]>--[C]-->[Video Renderer ]

Video Render OK. Use [3] to play.

Failed to connect Output pin 0x00acaaec ["stream 00"] on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x00aca...

divx503-no audio

*basically the same w/ above ...

Failed to connect Output pin 0x00b1f9a4 ["Stream 00"] on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x00afea

DivX.Certified-AC3

*basically the same w/ above but different Output/Input pins

MP3pro-64

*basically the same w/ above but different Output/Input pins

H.264-2

Render: Partial Failure

H.264 (AVC)/Huffyuv/I263/

Unable to render the video

IR4x

(Src)-->(A)-->[AVI Splitter ]>---->[VFW: Intel Video Video 4.5 ]>--[C]-->[Video Renderer ]

(SRC)-->(A)-->[AVI Splitter ]>---->[Nero Quicl Time Video Decoder ]>-->[Nero D...]

Failed to create instance of Nero Digital AVC Video Enc. CoCreateInstance() failed. Error: ...

Mpg4.1/Mpg4.2/Mpg4.3

*basically the same w/ above but different Output/Input pins PLUS

Failed to create instance of DMO filter Mpeg4 Decoder DMO. Error: 0x80004002: No such instance ...

attached here too is an error screenshot when i used VLC; i added too some text files (which i'm not certain if it would be of any use to the issue) :blushing:

thank you!

EDIT: btw, i haven't tried running the tests though w/ the newly uploaded QT files :D

post-84520-1153751422_thumb.jpg

Audio_Known_Compression_Formats.txt

Video_Known_Compression_Formats.txt

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Haha! Wow. I've apparently completely broken your system :lol:

since i thought the files were playing for me
Unless this means that *your* files are OK but the test vids are all bad? I'll check the upload on the server...*grumble grumble* :realmad:

EDIT: The pack on the server looks fine.

Is this a fresh HFSlipped installation? Which pack(s) are you using? Any other codec activity on your part?

hi Tain!

no harm done on my part sir ... it's okay! :) he! he! i guess i was just "disillusioned" :) i could play the files in question ... i used the lastest final as well as the test release before the weekend ... i stopped using other codec packs since HFSLIP's own (tain's way :D) has been posted ... oh i'm btw using the pack that still has QT files included ... this would be the file that has about 45-47 files in it ... tests were done w/ the system i claimed was doing great ... he! he! ... i'll run the tests in VM too where i only used the pack with 33 files

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi Tain!

here are some more datai gathered using VM this time ... used the latest codec pack (w/ 33 files in it) in HFEXPERT\CODECS + wmfdist95.exe in HF

Under Proposed Solutions and Tests

GSpot

Vid Aud

AC3TEST / H.264 (AVC) / Hyffyuv / I263 / mpg2 / raw /

Unable to render the video

***please note that for the formats above under Stat shows: Codec are NOT Installed :P

divX4-PCM

[src]-->>--[A]-->[AVI Splitter ]>---->[DivX Decoder Filter ]>--[C]-->[Video Renderer ]

[scr]-->>--[A]-->[AVI Splitter ]>---->[XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder ]>--[C]-->[Video Renderer ]

Failed to connect Output pin 0x00a5f83c ["Stream 00"] on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x00a729fc ["XForm In"] on filter 0x02065094 [XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder']. ConnectDirect[] failed. Error: 0x80040207: There is no common media type between these pins.

divx503-noaudio

***similar with results above (except for the Output/Input pins)

MP3pro-64

[src]-->>--[Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer ]>---->[ACM:MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM ]>-->[Default DirectSound Device ]

Failed to connect Output pin 0x00aaxb44 ["Src Media"] on MP3pro-64.mpeg to input pin 0x03021ca4 ["Input"] on filter 0x02054b84 ["Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer"].ConnectDirect[] failed: Error: 0x80040207: There is no common media type between these pins.

[src]-->>--[A]-->[Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer ]>---->[MPEG Layer-3 Decoder ]>--[C]-->[Default DirectSound Device ]

Failed to connect Output pin 0x043b0c1c ["Src Media"] on MP3pro-64.mpeg to input pin 0x03010a4c ["Input"] on filter 0x02054b84 ["Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer"].ConnectDirect[] failed: Error: 0x80040207: There is no common media type between these pins.

[src]-->>--[A]-->[MPEG-I Stream Splitter ]>----[ACM:MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM ]>--[C]-->[Default DirectSound Device ]

Audio Render OK. Use [3] to play.

[src]-->>--[A]-->[MPEG-I Stream Splitter ]>----[MPEG Layer-3 Decoder ]>--[C]-->[Default DirectSound Device ]

Audio Render OK. Use [3] to play.

mpg1

Aud

[src]-->>--[A]-->[Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer ]>---->[ACM: MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM ]>--[C]-->[Default DirectSound Device ]

Failed to connect Output pin 0x0300b8bc ["Audio 0 0Xc0"] on Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer to inputpin 0x0441665c ["Input"] on filter 0x020487b8 ["MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM"].ConnectDirect[] failed. Error: 0x80040200: An invalid media type was specified.

[src]-->>--[A]-->[Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer ]>-->[MPEG Layer-3 Decoder ]>--[C]-->[Default DirectSound Device ]

Failed to connect Output pin 0x03006e9c ["Audio 0 0xC0"] on Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer to input pin 0x043e815c ["XForm In"] on filter 0x02052ae2 ["MPEG Layer-3 Decoder"]. ConnectDirect[] failed. Error: 0x80040207: There is no common media type between these pins.

***basically the same for the succeeding 4 lines except for the Output/Input pins &

[MPEG-I Stream Splitter ]>---->[ACM:MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM] & -->[MPEG Layer-3 Decoder ]

attached are some screenshots:

just to show in text format (the supported & unsupported files, here's what i got:

Supported Media (*.avi, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.vob)

C:\codec_test_movies\divxtest-noaudio.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\H.264 (AVC).avi

C:\codec_test_movies\Huffyuv.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\I263.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\IR3x.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\IR4x.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\IR5x.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\Mjpeg.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\MP3pro-64.mpeg

C:\codec_test_movies\mpg1.mpg

C:\codec_test_movies\mpg2.mpg

C:\codec_test_movies\Mpg4.1.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\Mpg4.2.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\Mpg4.3.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\raw.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\Xvid4-noaudio.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\AC3TEST.VOB

C:\codec_test_movies\Cinepack.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\div3.11fast.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\divx4-PCM.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\divx503-noaudio.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\DivX.Certified-AC3.avi

All Files (*.*)

C:\codec_test_movies\mazegame2.swf

C:\codec_test_movies\Mjpeg.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\MP3pro-64.mpeg

C:\codec_test_movies\mpg1.mpg

C:\codec_test_movies\mpg2.mpg

C:\codec_test_movies\Mpg4.1.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\Mpg4.2.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\Mpg4.3.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\raw.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\Rm.rmm

C:\codec_test_movies\Wmv7.wmv

C:\codec_test_movies\Wmv8.wmv

C:\codec_test_movies\Wmv9.wmv

C:\codec_test_movies\WMV9-.wmv

C:\codec_test_movies\Xvid4-noaudio.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\AC3TEST.VOB

C:\codec_test_movies\Applemov.mov

C:\codec_test_movies\Applemp4.mp4

C:\codec_test_movies\Asf.asf

C:\codec_test_movies\Audio-AAC quicktime.mp4

C:\codec_test_movies\Audio-Ogg VBR.ogg

C:\codec_test_movies\Audio-RM8_64.rmm

C:\codec_test_movies\Audio-WMA8-64.wma

C:\codec_test_movies\Cinepack.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\div3.11fast.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\divx4-PCM.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\divx503-noaudio.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\DivX.Certified-AC3.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\divxtest-noaudio.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\H.264-2.mov

C:\codec_test_movies\H.264 (AVC).avi

C:\codec_test_movies\Huffyuv.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\I263.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\IR3x.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\IR4x.avi

C:\codec_test_movies\IR5x.avi

thanks!

post-84520-1153816059_thumb.jpg

post-84520-1153816075_thumb.jpg

will get it TC as soon as i'm off work :) can't wait to go home

(btw, which run --- the 1 using the latest final or the 1 from the recent test rel ... the 1 from VM or my live OS? ... oh, ill just get both ;))

glad to hear from you again

TC & Tain, please know though that i'm not sure if i did the right tests ... he! he!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

I don't see anything really wrong in there except that "readme.txt" from TAiN's package is being registered. Either remove this file or use the latest test release where TXT files from HFEXPERT\CODECS are not registered.

I think there's only three possible culprits:

1) XPize

2) One or more of the "extra" hotfixes you include

3) Any one of the following files is missing in the new source: wuapi.dll, wuaueng.dll, wuaueng1.dll, wucltui.dll, wups.dll, wups2.dll, wuweb.dll, muweb.dll, iuctl.dll, opuc.dll, LCC.dll, msxml4.dll or msxml6.dll

thanks TC & the_guy ... will do your suggestions ... i have not done anything new this time though ... ;)

3) Any one of the following files is missing in the new source: wuapi.dll, wuaueng.dll, wuaueng1.dll, wucltui.dll, wups.dll, wups2.dll, wuweb.dll, muweb.dll, iuctl.dll, opuc.dll, LCC.dll, msxml4.dll or msxml6.dll
what could be the reason for this? :)