Codec slipstreaming

tain

uhm ... TC i'll try to experiment on new builds again ... just couldn't report as often as i used too ... my shift in the office has been very eratic lately ... :( ... i'm also thinking would it be better to just install XPize rather than force slipstream it via HFANSWER.ini as this would overwrite original windows files, right? (if only i'm not so bored with how XP shows the boot screen & some other icons :D) ... btw, would there be a way via HFSLIP to replace the boot screen?

incidentally, i'm guessing there might some addons that are just made for nLite & does not work with HFAAO (i.e., Visual Styles Multi Pack 4 Windows XP & Folder Size ) ... ;)

thanks!

EDIT: never mind that question ... i may have to bring it up in a different thread (or might start a new 1) ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

i'm also thinking would it be better to just install XPize rather than force slipstream it via HFANSWER.ini as this would overwrite original windows files, right?
You could try that to see if it fixes some problems you're having. XPize offers the option to ignore certain files if you install it via SVCPACK, I think.
incidentally, i'm guessing there might some addons that are just made for nLite & does not work with HFAAO (i.e., Visual Styles Multi Pack 4 Windows XP & Folder Size ) ... ;)
Rapidshare again... I'm not gonna wait 42 minutes to get the Visual Styles file. But I could download Folder Size and I see a problem with it: it needs something to be run during GuiRunOnce, which HFSLIP doesn't support with application addons. This probably can't be fixed.

Hi Kiki :)

Thanks for the thorough reporting. Sorry for the delay; I was hoping that TC would find a good lead.

I am working a lot for the next week or so and I can't do codec testing while I am at work...but will be able investigate your results further after that.

I'm not really "out of the office," per se. It is just that I prefer to work on stuff like that when I know that I have a contiguous block of time in which I can sit down and work through whatever issues are sure to arise.

My peculiar train of thought works more efficiently that way :)

Actually I'd like you to try installing that pack with your current installation to see if it fixes things.

But a fresh install will be interesting as well.

hi Tain!

just a quick update ... i actually tried to just double-click codecs2.8 & it tried to over-write some files that were newer ... tried also in new build & files play great ... although please know that i haven't had the chance yet to fully test using GSpot ... so i would not want to jump to conclusions again :)