Codec slipstreaming

tain

Yeah, I am on-line...been trying to post this message for half hour or so. Trying to help a guy with his network issues via IM :)

To install the MSFN pack:

On an existing machine:

unpack to some folder

right-click on codec.inf and click INSTALL

On a pre-HFSLIP setup (OS not installed yet):

Replace contents of HFEXPERT/CODECS with this pack

We are just trying this out to see if it can help us find a problem so go ahead and overwrite the files.

:hello:

i have this litle problem,

i integrate these codecs, then i use nLite, where i integrate WMP11 beta (direct addon http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2319), i aslo haven't removed sound drivers, wmp from nLite and finally when i install my windows using virtual mashine, wmp11 doesn't start :(

is it because of these codecs? tnx

(sorry for my bad english)

I have never used nLite or WMP11, but I doubt that these codecs would cause that particular issue.

You didn't say that you used HFSLIP at all...please note that these particular codecs are for HFSLIP use. I have no idea what will happen if you are just using nLite.

hi maniaq! this may be something you might not want to consider but try slipstreaming WMP10 (via HF folder) 1st (+ of course the win media HFs) & then throw in boogy's WMP11 addon in HFAAO folder ... it worked for me! :) ... as for the codecs, use Tain's packs via HFEXPERT\CODECS or MSFN's codec pack in HFSVCPACK ... report back for results ;) oh & it has nothing to do with the codecs ...

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi maniaq! this may be something you might not want to consider but try slipstreaming WMP10 (via HF folder) 1st (+ of course the win media HFs) & then throw in boogy's WMP11 addon in HFAAO folder ... it worked for me! :) ... as for the codecs, use Tain's packs via HFEXPERT\CODECS or MSFN's codec pack in HFSVCPACK ... report back for results ;) oh & it has nothing to do with the codecs ...

i will try this in the mean time.

[EDITED]

Edited by maniaq

for the meantime ... i'd suggest that you use the codec packs prepared by Tain or MSFN codec pack ... TP's & Oleg's thread about HFEXPERT\CODECS have been asumed by Tain & of course some updates & modifications have been made ... have tested both Tain's packs & MSFN's pack & XVid & DivX file versions is where the slight difference lies ... i suppose Tain is using the newer vers

ok. i tried yuor method with wmp10 and wmp11, but it's the same problem. not even a wmp11 icon is created on desktop

ps. i did use mine codec pack, but it's not the codecs....

but the codec works, i have tried playing with wm classic player

i attached the HFSLIP log file

Edited by maniaq