Codec slipstreaming

tain

QT and Real are dreadfully hit-or-miss. They work for some people but not for others. I provide them as separate packs for those who wish to try them out. The MSFN Codec Pack team decided not to include them at all since they are so troublesome. Most people agree that the "Alternative" installers are the best option for QT and Real.

The MSFN Codec Pack team is more proactive with their packs than I am so they may have more current files. I tend to wait a bit and see if any bad bugs are found, and/or wait for someone to request an update. My files are not for cutting-edge codec junkies or high-res video tweakers. The target audience here is people who just want to load up enough codecs to play their files and not worry about it. I do monitor Shark007's project since he puts out frequent updates.

And you are right that the MSFN Codec Pack also includes some extra stuff like G-Spot and control panel entries. Those things are not included in this pack.

Functioning QT and H.264 codecs are two things I would like to have. Unfortunately I've been really busy with the new hfslip.org website and various other projects. See my extremely popular CMS poll for more information :lol:

Of course people are welcome to post their own codec packs. If someone manages to get the required files to support H.264 together I'll be glad to host them with the rest :)

Kiki has posted some great information as usual. He better be careful or he might end up running this project! :thumbup:P

Kiki has posted some great information as usual. He better be careful or he might end up running this project! :thumbup:P
ha! ha! thanks Tain ... i'm just trying to give back to others what i got from y'all too ... you're still my source :) looking forward to the resolution of our ipod concerns ...

Hi,

after testing MSFN codec pack in VirtualPC it seems that mpeg2,mjpeg and some other will not work under some circumstances.

They only work with players which have codecs themself (MPC, Windows Media Player).

GSPOT or Irfanview(Player with no internal codecs) fail.

AFAIK mjpeg and mpeg2 codecs are not free available on the net. OK, FFDSHOW does it but is it allowed?

Any suggestions?

hi muchlux! as you can see these are the only supported codecs in MSFN codec2.8 pack:

Here's a custom codec pack (no installer, just the codecs with an inf-install method!) ;)

Supported media: DivX, XviD, DVD's, Mpgs, WMV, Subtitles, Indeo, AC3, MP3, VP6, Ogg Vorbis

For installation tips see the included 'README.txt'!

This codec pack comes without any media player (hence I recommend the latest Zoom Player 4.51!)

and contains just the codecs, I considered to be most useful/compatible:

MSFN Codec Pack 2.8

* DivX 6.2.5.34 [Decoder]

* XviD 1.2.0-dev build 2006-07-11 [Encoder/Decoder]

* Windows Media 9 VCM [version 9.0.1.369] [Encoder]

* Windows Media 10 [version 10.0.0.4332]

* Cyberlink DVD Decoder [version 6.0.2.2806]

* Elecard MPEG 2 Demultiplexer [version 2.0.84.30429]

* Ligos Indeo XP [version 5.2820.15.58]

* Intel Indeo [version 4.51.16.2]

* Intel Indeo [version 3.24.15.03]

* Intel I.263 [version 2.55.1.16]

* On2 VP7 [version 7.0.10.0] [Encoder/Decoder]

* MP3 Decoder [version 1.9.0.311]

* Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 DirectShow decoder [version 1.9.0.311]

* Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec for MSACM [version 3.4.0]

* WMA DirectShow Decoder [version 8.0.0.4487]

* VobSub [1.0.1.3] + CPL

* AC3 Filter 1.04a + CPL

* Ogg Vorbis [version 1.1.0]

* GSpot 2.52 beta 1 build 2004-09-15

updated: - AC3 Filter to version 1.04a

Version 2.8

as for Tain's packs, please see in the 1st page of this thread. GSpot's results are expected as those codecs in question are not included in the pack ;) Edited by Kiki Burgh

ok this time i think it will work, i have done what yu have told (i recreated a cab version of wmp11, cause i didnt get cab wmp11 version from boooggy) and i have slipstremed it now i just need to run nlite and to test :)

Edited:

just came back to tell it doesnt work even now :(

ps. thanks for yuor support kiki :)

Edited by maniaq

AFAIK mjpeg and mpeg2 codecs are not free available on the net. OK, FFDSHOW does it but is it allowed?

Any suggestions?

Then I think you didn't search thoroughly enough. There sure are a few around for free.

MPEG2 is included in both (and most) packs. It is also in the DVD pack.

MJPEG isn't all that common in my experience. I've only encountered one file encoded with it in the past.

FFDShow is a different game altogether. Please refer to CoRoNe's site if you want to use FFDShow instead.

MJPEG is used by Canon digital cameras (and others) for video mode.

MPEG2 does not work for me. (MSFN codec pack 2.8)

In the codec pack description I found only splitters but no decoders.

When not using Players with built in decoder I think it will not work.

Windows XP with Mediaplayer10 is also capable but unfortunately I have W2k ;-)

Edited:

just came back to tell it doesnt work even now :(

ps. thanks for yuor support kiki :)

hi maniaq! sad to hear it still doesn't work ... i still have a copy of that file (i think it's older though than what's currently uploaded in their thread) ... would you want me to upload it for you (just not sure if boooggy would permit it ... it's just temporary though :P )? give me a link where i could so you could try it out. might be able to do it over the weekend though. i'll be posting too my HFSLIP log so you could compare it with yours as again WMP11 works for me? i'll even try it with nLite so you could compare too & perhaps see the differences

btw, here are the contents of the files that are currently available from RyanVM's site (please see the attachments) ... just look into it ;)

Boooggy_WMP11Addon_7z.txt

Boooggy_WMP11Addon_cab.txt

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hmmmm, no i probably dont need for yu to upload it, it isn't because of the addon of wmp11, it's something else, but i dont know what....

i thought, what if i integrate drivers AFTER nlite... maybe than wmp11 work? cause it works when i dont use hfslip...

Edited by maniaq

hi maniaq! just give me a moment ... i'm still going tor eply to this ... i'm just getting some more info for you from my logs... :) i'll be back ...

EDIT: alright, here are some attachments that you could view & compare to what you have ... for HFSLIP.log i placed asterisks on MP10Setup.exe in HF & Boooggy_WMP11Addon.cab in HFAAO ... :) the other 1 is a text file for the contents of another media player 11 addon in RyanVM's site

HFSLIP.txt

wmp11_addon.txt

Edited by Kiki Burgh

nope because HFSLIP handles the add on packs (.cab) via HFAAO folder ;) however, i have also tried it with nLite ... to be able to assist you better :) ... & it's still the same ... please note that perhaps the trick is that nothing is integrated or slipstreamed via nLite (not even media players) ...