[Release] XPize MCE 4.3

XPero

hi XPero!

this is my 1st time to post in this forum ...

may i ask how to install XPize silently ...

what switches do i need to put in the xpize.txt (if placed in HFSLIP's TOOL folder)?

your feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

-kiki-

Read the guide :) Welcome to the forums :hello:

thanks for the welcome sir!

you see my 1st time to try XPize was via HFSLIP & i like it ...

however, it would be much better if i could just let it install without having to answer some questions (& to avoid the reboot prompt :))

i'm reading through your home page & couldn't seem to exactly see how to put the switches to be able to come up with an unanttended aswer text file ...

my apologies but could you please guide me on this? :)

thanks!

i have a problem applying cursors. i install Xpize from SVCPACK, than from cmdlines create user, than while logging into windows it shows fedora cursors, but when is says "loading users settings" it loads standart windows cursors. how is it possible to have fedora cursors loading to all users profile?

unattended.txt? I think you have to install it using RunOnceEx or Windows Post Installer or something similar. Search the unattended guide for it.

thanks for this Dynaletik ...

you see, as advised by Tomcat76 (as I'm using HFSLIP :)), i put the XPize.exe to be slipstreamed.

I need though an aswer file so it would install silently (without having to answer the prompts while the OS is being installed) ...

i have in my xpize.txt this particular line:

XPIZESW=/S /norestore /notask

would this already take care of the other prompts (or buttons)?

also, XPize has a prompt for reboot while with still about 10-13 minutes left during OS install when slipstreamed without the txt file in HFTOOLS folder

thanks again!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Thanx for the update XPero. I tried 4.3 on w2k3 sp1 enterprise edition, everything fine but Mmc 3.0

When i apply it things inside mmc becomes unavailable. when i remove mmc modification, everything fine.

here what i see when i apply it:

mmc3xpize2sx.th.jpg

can u correct this?

thanx again. keep up the good work. :thumbup

EDIT: this is what it should be, (standart mmc 3.0, without XPize)

mmc3normal1ge.th.png

Edited by mrnxdmx

Btw, apparently something changed @ MS, when I do a reinstall now and patch my files with XPize 4.3, I get like 20 broken hotfixes according to qfecheck. Appears that the checksum is checked now too. It might be harmless as long as you know sure the hotfixes were installed correctly before patching them. Just to let you guys know. (Thanks RyanVM for clearing things up as well.)

Edited by ViVa

Ive tried integration through nLite of upcoming RyanVM pack and XPize 4.3 without problems. everything working fine.

@all:

All those having probs with mmc, please tell me the exact version (build) you have, so I can add compat asap. Thanks

EDIT: Wooops!, Ryan's pack has been released already :P

Ok, I will try qfecheck asap as well.

XPero, let me get this straight... Are you talking about Ryan's 2.0.5 pack?

And did you check qfecheck? I think you misunderstood. Because I'm not saying that things aren't working, I'm saying qfecheck is complaining.