HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Microsoft ® Cabinet Maker - Version (32) 1.00.0601 (03/18/97)

Copyright © Microsoft Corp 1993-1997. All rights reserved.

Please wait while HFSLIP slipstreams XPize. This may take a while.

Slipstreaming XPize completed.

File Not Found

The system cannot find the file specified.

Microsoft ® Cabinet Maker - Version (32) 1.00.0601 (03/18/97)

Copyright © Microsoft Corp 1993-1997. All rights reserved.

Sorry for not getting back sooner on this.

The line "Slipstreaming XPize completed" is displayed after the processing of XPize. The "File not found" message comes from somewhere else.

You said also that you are no longer getting shortcuts for XPize after installation and that your HFSLIP run time went up. I suppose that, because of the variables you have set (or not set) in HFANSWER.INI, HFSLIP decided to do a slipstream of XPize instead of an SVCPACK integration. That would explain everything.

You can try the latest test release which simplifies the XPize handling. The XPIZESW variable is enough to make HFSLIP do an SVCPACK integration like before.

I noticed a problem in the DOSNET.INF file you posted, more specifically the reference to WMPreg.inf. Do you know which addon is adding this file?

Edited by Tomcat76

@Tomcat

I think HFSLIP will have to be updated so that it copies the RTMQFE files for 2000 with IE6 SP1.

I did an HFNetChk scan and it told me that dxtmsft.dll version 6.3.2800.1548 was less than what was expected (6.3.2800.1549). I didn't save it to a txt file before I updated the computer with the RTMQFE versions (following the method in 897225).

the_guy

hi sirs!

these are what i have for 60630a ... pls see attachments ...

i'm having concerns again about the ff:

(1) kbdbhc.dll not being found in the right location (just like before) that i still have to point it to i386

(2) RC is not being installed - DOSNET.inf has syntax error as per the pop-up ... & my only option is to cancel ... thus resulting to: "Cannot complete the Windows XP setup wizard"

(3) still placing SFCFILES.dl_ in fix results to setup being stuck at T-39 mins ... placing it (SFCFILES.dll) to in APPREPLACEMENT as suggested by Camarade_Tux results to installation ebing stuck at T-9 mins ... incidentally, how do i uncompress SFCFILES.dl_ to become SFCFILES.dll? ... what i did was to just rename the file extension to .dll :o

(4) dos text copy mode has probs w/ the codecs (i'll be posting the same to Tain's thread) :) though i think i figured a workaround ...

i'll post a new msg as apparently my other attachments are not being taken ... :(

thanks!

though i noticed there is already a new test rel ... have already downloaded it ...

btw, just to share ... i think i didn't get the same issues with 60628 ...

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Sorry for not getting back sooner on this.

I noticed a problem in the DOSNET.INF file you posted, more specifically the reference to WMPreg.inf. Do you know which addon is adding this file?

NP TC! i think i prefer not having the shortcuts anymore so my start menu doesn't get that much cluttered ... :) ... the only prob here is that XPize bootup screen doesn't show anymore when slipstreamed ... as for WMPreg.inf ... if this is re media player ... i could only guess it's the WMP11 (beta) add-on ... but so far it (WMP11) works great for me ...

posted new headaches for you TC! :o ... sorry!

The syntax error in DOSNET.INF is in the line referencing WMPreg.inf. Where can I get this WMP11 addon?

AC.cab and AC.inf (ZacamAddon_AttributeChanger) are also not properly added into DOSNET.INF. I'll try to find why this is happening.

Edited by Tomcat76

... incidentally, how do i uncompress SFCFILES.dl_ to become SFCFILES.dll? ... what i did was to just rename the file extension to .dll :o
sirs, please advise me on this one ... would there be any other way than renaming it? i can compress via MAKECAB (as taught by TC ;)) but doing the reverse is something else ... thanks!
I found the problem. I'll post an updated version soon.
OK... It's there. :)
as always ... thanks! :) already got the new test release Edited by Kiki Burgh

(1) kbdbhc.dll not being found in the right location (just like before) that i still have to point it to i386
Support for this was dropped a long time ago because it's too difficult to implement. The installation INF for the hotfix that contains this binary needs tons of modifications, not to mention the fact that it's in Unicode (at least the non-English versions are). You can use RVM's Update Pack which includes that hotfix. Edited by Tomcat76

Support for this was dropped a long time ago because it's too difficult to implement. The installation INF for the hotfix that contains this binary needs tons of modifications, not to mention the fact that it's in Unicode (at least the non-English versions are). You can use RVM's Update Pack which includes that hotfix.
alright ... didn't know it was dropped ... given that i am not currently using the update pack (as i've learned it quite the hard way --- that i should not include all hotfixes i could get my hands on --- as not all applies to my system ;)), then i'll just have to remove KB897338 (The new language locales that are included in update 897338 for Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs) from HF ...
The empty SFCFILES.DL_ from FDV just needs to be renamed. It's not a compressed file.
as for this ... either it makes my installation lock up at T-39 or T-9 when present --- not that it is a MUST to have but it frustrates me when i couldn't come up with a good build when this file is included either in FIX or HFEXPERT\APPREPLACEMENT dirs ... i have never been successful in any of my attempts --- would there be any workaround for this? i believe it works for the others but why not for me? :no:

thanks a lot again!

Edited by Kiki Burgh