HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

dziubek - Does this happen with all AAO's? Or just this one in particular? The picture you show tells me that you are slipstreaming something AND HFAAO'ing the same thing. If not, I take it that you've been seeing this problem for a long time. This part of the script is unchanged from when tomcat76 wrote it.

dziubek - Does this happen with all AAO's? Or just this one in particular? The picture you show tells me that you are slipstreaming something AND HFAAO'ing the same thing. If not, I take it that you've been seeing this problem for a long time. This part of the script is unchanged from when tomcat76 wrote it.
hi dziubek, tp! i believe it's only for this particular addon ... had the same experience i posted a while back:
along the way too, the run was halted by:

E:\HFSlip179\TEMP\AAO\MSWINATL.CAT already exists. Overwrite it ?

[Y]es, [N]o, [A]ll, n[E]ver, [R]ename, [Q]uit

& i answered n[E]ver to stop the succeeding numerous prompts.

the other .cats but not all were: MSWINCRT.CAT, MSWINMFC.CAT

EDIT: had conversations with Kelsenellenelvian who prepared Kels_Runtimes_addon_v6.rar. he thinks it's most likely because .cats actually exist in couple of the asms folders & suggests removing asms folder from the runtimes & manually drop it into I386 folder. in my last successful build though using hfslip-1.5.0, i had an earlier ver of his pack: Kels_Runtimes_addon_v2.6.6.CAB (the structure's still basically the same) & it worked without hiccups. could there have been code modifications in hfslip-1.7.9 that might have affected the way this is processed now?

... a related thread may be found here ... though still want to see how hfslip works around asms-related concers ... thanks! cheers!

dz/kiki - the error message is due to either a limitation of rar.exe or the script is calling the incorrect commandline. I was unaware that hfslip supported rar files until today, unless it was one of those hidden easter eggs that tomcat put in.

If someone finds the correct commandline, then I'll roll the change in. Or better yet, manually extract the addon rar file and make it a conforming cab or 7z file instead.

dz/kiki - the error message is due to either a limitation of rar.exe or the script is calling the incorrect commandline. I was unaware that hfslip supported rar files until today, unless it was one of those hidden easter eggs that tomcat put in.

If someone finds the correct commandline, then I'll roll the change in. Or better yet, manually extract the addon rar file and make it a conforming cab or 7z file instead.

hi tp! i recall rar files being supported way back ... i actually have rar.exe sitting in hftools ;) ... anyways, the .7z suggestion sounds greats ... thanks! cheers!

HFSLIP homepage for HFAAO states that it only supprt .cab & .7z format.

It never mentions support for .rar format at all (although I have seem some codes for RAR files in hfslip-xxx.cmd and I tested them before but never get it to work)

I simply convert .rar to .CAB or .7z. Usually no problem at all after reslip.

hello!

Complete changelog for HFSLIP 1.3.0

Extras:

* DBLBIN*.EXT files are automatically renamed by HFSLIP; the new name includes the Service Pack level

* support for addons in RAR format; requires RAR.EXE from the WinRAR package for Windows in HFTOOLS

* support for addons in ZIP format and any other type that 7za.exe can handle; requires 7za.exe in HFTOOLS

cheers!

How to enter changes to the code to delete the old shortcuts from the Start menu?

40176737d97416f0m.gif

p.s

When I put the reg/cmd file in the folder HFSVCPACK changes will be implemented for all users?

Based on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328326

1.reg
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSMConfigurePrograms"=dword:00000001

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer","
NoSMConfigurePrograms",0x00010001,1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Start_ShowSetProgramAccessAndDefaults"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoWindowsUpdate"=dword:00000001

or

2.cmd
DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Windows Update.lnk"
DEL "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"
DEL "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Określ dostęp do programów i ich ustawienia domyślne.lnk"

Edited by dziubek

Personally I use a combo of hfsvcpack reg tweaks, cmd files and post install cmd silent installers/tweaks.

I think the latter should work, but do try one out one at a time and see what happens. Learning from mistakes and success is great. :) If you have more questions regarding system tweaking, please ask in the correct forum. This beta discussion thread is really for, well, beta test results and issues. So, please keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

hello!

Complete changelog for HFSLIP 1.3.0

Extras:

* DBLBIN*.EXT files are automatically renamed by HFSLIP; the new name includes the Service Pack level

* support for addons in RAR format; requires RAR.EXE from the WinRAR package for Windows in HFTOOLS

* support for addons in ZIP format and any other type that 7za.exe can handle; requires 7za.exe in HFTOOLS

cheers!

Kiki - obviously there's a flaw in the rar execution of add ons as dziubek found a few threads above. The hfslip website has no mention of rar add-ons fwiw.

tommyp,

I did a fresh install followed by getting the .NET Framework and other updates from Micrsoft updates. I then installed all of the programs I use. All is working well.

Then today I decided to test doing a "repair install" on a fresh install (not the complete install mentioned above). PROBLEM: Some things don't work after the repair install, as explained below.

Installed from my HFSLIP CD...

Source: Windows XP Pro using MSDN CD (Gold); I change PID in setupp.ini to accept OEM Product Key.

Integrated SP3, IE8, WMP11, RDC7, WUA3, and most other updates.

I integrated one driver (LAN).

I used the DefragSYSOC utility.

slipstreamed using HFSLIP 1.7.10 Beta H

checked using HFSLIPFC-100301

I did not use HFCLEANUP or nLite.

Simple Repair Install Test. First I did a fresh install (I did not enable auto updates) for Win XP Pro, when it was done I did a repair install. Initially all looked to be OK, I could open WMP11, notepad, etc. I could access files on my main computer via the LAN.

The first problem came when I tried to go online using IE8. I got this error message.

Windows Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer cannot download from www.msn.com (my homepage). Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

If I tried to access google.com or hfslip.org or any other site I got the same message as above with only the site name changed.

Next I installed CCleaner. When I tried to run it I got this error message...

RunDll32.exe - Entry Point Not found. The procedure entry point DeleteWpadCacheForNetworks could not be located in the dynamic link library WINNET.dll

At this point I decided to stop and post here.

I would like to know if others have tested a repair install, and if so does it work for them or not.

Thank you,

Lilla

HFSLIP.zip

Edited by Lilla

That makes sense. HFSLIP isn't supposed to be used to repair a system like that. It's used to for clean installs by CD. All the screen prompts said the same thing when you ran the program.

• 2 weeks later...

tommyp, thanks for this wonderful application. But I believe there could be few problems with IE8 slipstreaming.

When Organize Favorites is selected from the Menu Bar (Favorites > Organize Favorites) in any explorer window (except IE), I just get a blank window. This does not happen when IE8 is installed manually using the installer after XP is installed.

I've also attached an image. 2en3qtv.jpg

Other than that, no problems and my xp is working flawlessly :thumbup

Thanks.