Nero v7.0.5.4

tempuser

Hmm, yes. I think so. I will try closing the error message with an AutoIt script. Everything installs fine, but it seems as if the installer checks if anything in the msi has been modified.

So what if we use an MST instead of a modified MSI? Same thing?

So what if we use an MST instead of a modified MSI? Same thing?

Hmm, I just tested: The same error. I am currently working on Nero 6.6.1.4 again. :(

if tested with a normal install and i've got a windows message that nero made a invailued move so i'm also going back to nero 6.6.1.4 is a lot easier and quicker {strange that ahead keeps updating this, probebly they are not so sure of their own product it just sucks}

You must call setup with "/qb-!" or "/passive". If you only doubleclick the Nero.msi the error will come up. This is normal.

I am installing Nero this way now: I follow the steps in this guide and call the setup with the following AutoIt Script:

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)
Run("msiexec /i Nero.msi /passive /norestart")
WinWait("Nero", "Installation corrupted", 120)
WinActivate("Nero", "Installation corrupted")
ControlClick("Nero", "Installation corrupted", "Button1")
ControlClick("Nero", "Installation corrupted", "Button1")

You must call setup with "/qb-!" or "/passive". If you only doubleclick the Nero.msi the error will come up. This is normal.

I am installing Nero this way now: I follow the steps in this guide and call the setup with the following AutoIt Script.

The Nero.msi has been locked by SetupX.exe as setupx is a launcher for msi.

Sometimes AutoIt Script will not work with another machine.

I know the trick to pass the error if we install from admininstall point. Now i'm still searching the sequence in msi to automate file association and accept the shortcut in desktop without need for prompt to finalizing installing.

I am installing Nero this way now: I follow the steps in this guide and call the setup with the following AutoIt Script.

The Nero.msi has been locked by SetupX.exe as setupx is a launcher for msi.

Sometimes AutoIt Script will not work with another machine.

I know the trick to pass the error if we install from admininstall point. Now i'm still searching the sequence in msi to automate file association and accept the shortcut in desktop without need for prompt to finalizing installing.

My 7.0.12A has a custom SetupX.exe file. I don't know who made it or where it came from ... just sayin' I have it. I don't even know if it's okay to send to someone here on these boards. I got it from someone else, though.

try this to bypass the need for setupx.exe
"Nero.msi STARTPARAM=CallFromExe DONOTRUNSETUPX=1 /QB"

shark

You are rigt !

Thank's, Shark007!!! :thumbup

As i think, after DONOTRUNSETUPX=1 following any msi switch ?

Edited by NikV2005

Hi to all :hello:

I want to tell some steps which i tested

(100% working on WinXPsp2.

Nero build: Nero-7.0.5.4_rus_no_yt.exe)

1)Double Click on Nero-7.0.5.4_xxx_no_yt.exe

Wait until you get to the window with licensing agreement (I followed install steps before "Click install to begin the installation" text and than closed install). After it close install.

2)Go to the temp folder (for your user profile).

There you must locate folowing dir and files:

Nero7.tmp

nro.log

nro.tmp

49a45b.msi

49a45c.mst

3)Go to Nero7.tmp->Redist->Config dir and locate config.txt

Edit this file how do you want (I'd add serial and remove unwanted components).Save it after editing.

4)Edit Nero.msi with Installshield:

Remove unwanted shortcuts

On Property manager edit some values:

NERO_SCOUT: FALSE

ProductName : Nero7 (for example)

SERIALNUM_CORRECT: TRUE

SERIALNUM_USERVAL: (enter you serial)

RebootYesNo: No

Click SAVE and close Installshield.

5)Run

Drive:\...\Nero7.tmp\Nero.msi STARTPARAM=CallFromExe DONOTRUNSETUPX=1 /qn /norestart

6)Yes, the Nero7.tmp is too large, but you can remove some files (it discribes in othes guieds (dont forget to edit nero.msi) ), package Nero7.tmp to rar(may be sfx) or 7z archive and write 2-3 commands in cmd file (Extracting archive and run Nero.msi with STARTPARAM=CallFromExe DONOTRUNSETUPX=1 /qn /norestart keys)

Thank's.

Edited by NikV2005

The minimum size to make silent installer for nero7 is about 20-24mb.

Its contain main Nero Burning ROM/Nero Express and Nero Tools.

Installer package I made can be setup in normal mode without any error using StartX.exe

But when using swithchless command [/QB or /QN /norestart], it will crash at the end of installation. The crash/error come out when it need to launch file association. If using /QR the installation will pass because at the end it prompt for file association then finalizing the installation.

I think i need to remove custom action for file association in msi to make sure my switchless nero7 installer free from any error on clean install.

Edited by mayang