• Internet Explorer
    • Netscape
  2. 2. Which browser do you simply hate?

• Opera
    • Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Netscape

You missed it, apparently.

Oops must have overlooked it. Neways , Wolf74481 , you can bookmark this for quicker access .

Thats what i do for the frequently visted threads :)

Its funny, i get so wrapped up in the technical mumbo jumbo i forget about the things that were supposed to make our life easier in windows :lol: because i haven't bookmarked anything in a year :P

anyway, i've strayed us off topic even more, lets get back to browser dissussion

Edited by wolf74481

well i just read the firefox myths page (after seeing the link in a signature) and before i read that i voted hate for firefox (now i realise that others have thought the same as me about these firefox facts), which i feel is a bit strong, but its the most least liked to me, I've tried firefox, and wasn't impressed, how is tabed browsing any different from the 'tabs' on the start menu? its not that great a feature, and as pointed out you can get addon's (extensions) for ie that do the same thing.

as for people saying firefox is the easiest browser to use, how could not using the default browser that is already installed and allowing it to update fixes in the background without using interaction be easier than downloading a seperate browser (usually by using ie to download it) then having to keep updating it to fix new security issues or to increase compatability.

I also don't understand how because ie comes with windows its more of a security risk than other third party browsers that use plugins, addon's, extensions, whatever you want to call them, last time i checked anything written by third parties can do whatever they want, regardless if the browser is installed with an os or not!

anyway, my vote for ie, is because to me it is the simplest and most effective way, i wo'nt say its better than operea, as i haven't actually tried it yet, or at least not for a while anyway, so i feel i would be unable to make a descion based on using it from ages ago. what could be simpler than using whats already on the computer? if your that worried about resources, surely additional resources being used to house another browser will take away resources? not magically make ie vanish and to be replaced?

one last thing, i used to be one of these people that used to think IE is evil! etc, but that was a long time ago, back when netscape was usable, i thin it was netscape 4.7 commuicator i used to use, i especially liked the email client, but then netscape went a bit wierd for my liking, thats about when i started using ie, realising its much easier and a lot less hassle to use ie, i do disagree with microsoft's way of beating off the competition effectivly by having ie with windows, but at the end of the day, if it didn't have ie, people would just complain more about windows and its lack of features compared to free alternatives!

well i just read the firefox myths page (after seeing the link in a signature) and before i read that i voted hate for firefox (now i realise that others have thought the same as me about these firefox facts), which i feel is a bit strong, but its the most least liked to me, I've tried firefox, and wasn't impressed, how is tabed browsing any different from the 'tabs' on the start menu? its not that great a feature, and as pointed out you can get addon's (extensions) for ie that do the same thing.,

A lot of people, myself included love the tabbed browsing. It's a lot more convenient for users, especially if they're used to hotkeys or mouse gestures. Remember, Firefox and Opera had tabbed browsing before M$ ever considered it. IE has to adopt it from alternative freeware alternative browsers due to the high demands for it.

as for people saying firefox is the easiest browser to use, how could not using the default browser that is already installed and allowing it to update fixes in the background without using interaction be easier than downloading a seperate browser (usually by using ie to download it) then having to keep updating it to fix new security issues or to increase compatability.

You fail to see the bigger picture by far. Having IE integrated into XP is part of the reason people are so lazy to try alternatives, scared to ditch IE, and clueless of alternatives altogether. 80-85% of users don't know what an alternative browser is. These are the people that if you put Firefox and Opera icons on their desktop and remove the IE icon, they say "Where's my Internet?"

M$ issues security fixes for IE once a month, often making users wait a very lengthy period of time regardless if there's a 0-day extremely critical exploit. The code for that exploit commonly shared among hackers or crackers or whatever you call them. With Firefox and Opera, if there's a security hole, it's patched with a new EXE ASAP. Even still, IE security holes are more dangerous than the next leading browser's extremely critical holes simply because IE is so tightly integrated into XP. With things like trojans and CWS, if IE is sick, so is Windows.

I also don't understand how because ie comes with windows its more of a security risk than other third party browsers that use plugins, addon's, extensions, whatever you want to call them, last time i checked anything written by third parties can do whatever they want, regardless if the browser is installed with an os or not!

Your point is?... Once again, as I said above, because IE is integrated into the OS.

anyway, my vote for ie, is because to me it is the simplest and most effective way, i wo'nt say its better than operea, as i haven't actually tried it yet, or at least not for a while anyway, so i feel i would be unable to make a descion based on using it from ages ago. what could be simpler than using whats already on the computer? if your that worried about resources, surely additional resources being used to house another browser will take away resources? not magically make ie vanish and to be replaced?

By using what's already preinstalled on Windows by various manufacturer's, dare I say Hewlett Packard, Dell, Compaq, etc... is exactly how and why users spend more time whining and complaining on forums and to tech support about freeze-ups, constant stutters in performance, pop-ups, spyware, viruses, etc, than actually using their PC. By having it made easiest to users, it's easiest for them to just surf to some site with lots of cute jumping jack ads, which equal spyware, which equal tech support, or their stolen financial information from that "bank info.txt" file on their desktop.

Resources, this is a completely different issue from a web browser and isn't as applicable, but I'll respond to it anyway. Open 10 IE windows on your taskbar and 10 tabs in Opera and see which browser takes up more memory. More resources = nLite.

one last thing, i used to be one of these people that used to think IE is evil! etc, but that was a long time ago, back when netscape was usable, i thin it was netscape 4.7 commuicator i used to use, i especially liked the email client, but then netscape went a bit wierd for my liking, thats about when i started using ie, realising its much easier and a lot less hassle to use ie, i do disagree with microsoft's way of beating off the competition effectivly by having ie with windows, but at the end of the day, if it didn't have ie, people would just complain more about windows and its lack of features compared to free alternatives!

IE is evil. If people didn't have freeware alternatives, we'd all be screwed. Remember, Opera was once payware, and now it's freeware. To me, and many others, that was a miracle. try to see the bigger picture. It's not just you, it's everyone else, too.

Edited by Jeremy

for opera,it has some problem open some link like chinese or unicode websites.

For firefox, it is quite slow but someone gave me a thing which i duno what it is and make it quick,and Firefox some link also cannot open.

For Internet Explorer, it is too easy to crash (i think) but IE can enter most of the website including chinese or unicode websites.

For Netscape, it is damm slow man! i hate it

Lastly i use IE7, is quite good u may try!

for opera,it has some problem open some link like chinese or unicode websites.

For firefox, it is quite slow but someone gave me a thing which i duno what it is and make it quick,and Firefox some link also cannot open.

For Internet Explorer, it is too easy to crash (i think) but IE can enter most of the website including chinese or unicode websites.

For Netscape, it is damm slow man! i hate it

Lastly i use IE7, is quite good u may try!

IE = Indescribably Evil :lol:

If you have read the Firefox myths website, you should read the following link, which gives the 'other' view, i.e. that IE is not the best browser (which all firefox users know). It answers all the points raised in the incredibly biased 'Firefox myths' website

Nanobox Link

there are at least two sides to every argument

If you have read the Firefox myths website, you should read the following link, which gives the 'other' view, i.e. that IE is not the best browser (which all firefox users know). It answers all the points raised in the incredibly biased 'Firefox myths' website

Nanobox Link

there are at least two sides to every argument

Good that you post the other view.

But I am confused about one thing. If all Firefox users know that IE is not the best browser why do they use Firefox which is clearly not the best as well? When I read the article you provided and the Firefox myths page, Opera is just better.

Personally I don't like the look and feel of Opera but this is what I conclude from the facts given.

A few statements on the site you link to are quite bold. How about this one about IE users:

"In fact, you probably already have malicious software on your system in connection with Internet Explorer."

That certainly does not convince me to stop using IE. It's not true...

Edited by noguru

If all Firefox users know that IE is not the best browser why do they use Firefox which is clearly not the best as well? When I read the article you provided and the Firefox myths page, Opera is just better.

sorry, that was a bit of a generalisation.

i used IE for many years until a friend introduced me to, about three years ago, firefox. at first i was a little sceptical, but after using it for a day or so i really thought that it loaded pages faster...then i discovered the extensions and i never looked back....and on top of that, i stopped getting spyware, annoying popups etc

recently i did try Opera for a while, when it became free...i like to try software, especially software that alot of people say is good...Opera was good, but the extensions just don't measure up to the huge amount available to firefox users (not to mention greasemonkey, mozbackup etc)...i have a reasonably powerful system, lots of ram, i don't mind that firefox uses a fair bit, and firefox does exactly what I want it to do...i wouldn't like to get into a discussion about whether Opera or Firefox was better...suffice it say say that both of them, for me, are better than IE...and for me Firefox works better than Opera.....each to his own...

The Firefox Myths website, however, is full of biased s&!t and should not be used by IE users to justify why IE is 'better'...yes, some of the statements in the Nanobox link are bold, but nothing that compares to the unfounded ones in 'Firefox Myths'

i have to agree with undeadsoldier on this one, these topics arn't going to change peoples minds at all. and it is getting a bit, much, dont you think?

I disagree , what is the problem with discussing the pros and cons of what you are using?

If you do not like it , bettter not to get involved. Diff. people , diff. views :)

BTW , WolfX2 , shouldn't your sig. read Formerly instead of Formally ?

IE is evil. If people didn't have freeware alternatives, we'd all be screwed. Remember, Opera was once payware, and now it's freeware. To me, and many others, that was a miracle. try to see the bigger picture. It's not just you, it's everyone else, too.

I never said IE should be used by everyone, the bigger picture i see, is that IE with windows is easier to use than downloading other browsers! :o

anywho, you have to remember any facts against anything else will be biased, the ones against IE will be biased along with the ones against firefox.

i'd like to point out i've since downloaded opera and have decided i do like how quick it is!, but, i personally like the IE enviroment, in my opinion Opera is by far the best, but overal, i belive IE is easier, I don't want to argue, as at the end of the day, its not just me (or you), its what everyone else thinks too:)

p.s. i wouldn't use the firefox myths to defend my use of IE, but unlike a lot of people i am willing to accept its faults and carry on using IE (such as people who defend firefox with its faults and opera, all have faults, but people still use them!), however i don't understand how people defend netscape since version 4.7 :whistle:

if your totally against IE and only want to use free alternatives, and complain about the security of IE, just don't use it, its like christians who knock door to door and try and tell people they should belive in god for their reasons, no one likes ideas being forced upon them! just give them the choice and let them decide for themselves, we all drive different cars, even tho some are obviously better than others!

what would be amazing is an unbiased comparasion of IE, FireFox, Opera and Netscape. i'm pretty sure they would all measure out even with good and bad points