98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Sorry guys, I won't be adding IE atm. No versions will be added until we find a better solution. I can't afford the bandwidth. We are looking at 65MB for the lite version of the SP and about 200MB + for IE 5.5 SP2 and IE 6 SP1 each. If we can find a reliable FREE host, then I will reconsider. We are knocking on about a half gig with all three packages.

The basic IE6 SP1 Package from Windows Update is 21MB unpacked. DirectX 9.0c is approx 35MB.

I don't know how many updates there are but this is the starting point.

The basic IE6 SP1 Package from Windows Update is 21MB unpacked. DirectX 9.0c is approx 35MB.

This helps a lot. Thanks, and do the basic version install outlook express, bells, and whistles? Will users complain since its not a full version. Same as with Direct X. I also need to download the basic version, gotta link?. Thanks. I will add IE 6 SP1 first and see how that turns out before I work on a 5.5 SP2 version. 21mb for IE 6 SP1 and 15MB for Direct X 9c lite. I can work with this.

If bandwidth is a problem I can offer free webspace on my personal server. Currently I got over 700GB of space there and my bandwidth is unlimited (I can move hundreds of GBytes of data if I want and it will still cost me 31€ per month).

My connection has up to 20MBit upload speed so when there's not a lot of traffic people will get speeds exceeding 1MByte/sec.

Also the server is powered by Win98SE + uSP 3.2x :P

If bandwidth is a problem I can offer free webspace on my personal server. Currently I got over 700GB of space there and my bandwidth is unlimited (I can move hundreds of GBytes of data if I want and it will still cost me 31€ per month).

My connection has up to 20MBit upload speed so when there's not a lot of traffic people will get speeds exceeding 1MByte/sec.

Also the server is powered by Win98SE + uSP 3.2x :P

I'll start working on it soon. Thanks buddy. I will do one pack at a time.

This helps a lot. Thanks, and do the basic version install outlook express, bells, and whistles? Will users complain since its not a full version. Same as with Direct X. I also need to download the basic version, gotta link?. Thanks. I will add IE 6 SP1 first and see how that turns out before I work on a 5.5 SP2 version. 21mb for IE 6 SP1 and 15MB for Direct X 9c lite. I can work with this.

I got DirectX from Windows Update. I downloaded IE6 using the Online Installer and saving the files. Neither works anymore so I have no links for you. I believe it includes Outlook Express. All other updates were in Windows Update.

My SP0 which includes the entire Windows Update package and IE6 is 150MB.

And MUCH of the size of the DirectX installer is due to the installer. If you extract the files to include in your SP, I think you will be surprised how little space in comparison it ends up taking up.

Cheers and Regards

• 5 weeks later...

well it's been a while since i've done this, perhaps this time i can figure how to check and uncheck the various options. is this the most update to date SP or are there still others?

Edited by cdoublejj

• 2 weeks later...

MDGx, on 01 May 2005 - 07:30 AM, said:

If u plan on installing DX 9.0c only on Win98/98SE/ME, u only need these 5 files:

BDA.CAB

DIRECTX.CAB

DSETUP.DLL

DSETUP32.DLL

DXSETUP.EXE

and they don't need to be from the February, March or April 2005 DX release, they can also be from original DX 9.0c release [these 5 are identical]:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...en&Hash=VB346XB

Removing all others will not impair DX installation on 9x/ME.

This will add about 17.5 MB to the package. DX9C is definitely in. I'm not sure if we need the Managed DX files which will increase the size of the pack, but I have been using this MDGx method for years and everything is golden. I guess if users only need the core without the bloat, this is ideal and if not, one can download the full package which is about 60+ MB.

P.S.

I will also add MDGx unofficial Direct X updates which is only a few.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

• 1 month later...

HI There, there has been a problem with the server hosting the U98SESP3 package. The websitye is back online now.

Problemchild: you may not have access to the serer anymore to update the file. It comes at the worse moment possible for me because I must leave one week for my job. I'll try to restore your account either today (if I have time) or in 9 days.

Sorry for the unconveniance.

• 1 month later...