Need for Speed: Most Wanted Black Edition Out!

sonu27

yes u can play it

i can even play this game on my laptop 64mb geforce 4 440 go.. at 640x480 but its playable..

I dont know how you guys managed that! Ive got a good rig, P4 3.2ghz & 6800GT and the framerates are still pants 3/4 of max details :(

hmm wierd i've athlon xp 2500+ 1gig ram + winfast 6800 gt and it works pretty nice.

@ which resolution r u running at? i'm running at 1024x786 haven't tried 1280x1024..

also u probably have the anisotrophic & antialising at max from the nvidia panel.. i've them on software..

hmm wierd i've athlon xp 2500+ 1gig ram + winfast 6800 gt and it works pretty nice.

@ which resolution r u running at? i'm running at 1024x786 haven't tried 1280x1024..

also u probably have the anisotrophic & antialising at max from the nvidia panel.. i've them on software..

The nvidia settings are always on application controlled. I run it on 1024x768 with most effects on and settings up 3/4 of max. All other games run perfectly but this struggles. Got latest drivers and card is not overclocked. :huh:

• 5 weeks later...

They have made soo many need for speed games they hardly ever change. There wasnt a big diffrence between underground 1 & 2. I think the whole series is getting old.

Edited by Matt_

I think it's a question of taste. I pre-ordered the game, I played every single Need For Speed that ever came out and I loved each one. I especially love how much fun I have with this one. But that's me, not everyone goes for the same things, hence the variety of games on the market today.

the best NFS was Porche Unleased/2000 although it was porche only, the physics in that game were killer and the advancment of the single play game was excelent, not only did they have the usual tournement mode but also the licensed test drive part which was a nice twist....where did originality go EA where???

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got Need for Speed Most Wanted - Black Edition and I installed it perfectlye inserted all my CD's when asked to and the installetion was 100% successful, but now when I insert CD 1 to play the game it tells me CANNOT LOCATE THE CD-ROM that's after I press to play it gives me the screen and then that message it says PLEASE INSERT THE CORRECT CD-ROM CLICK OK AND RESTART APPLICATION... can anyone please help me??????

• 2 weeks later...

The nvidia settings are always on application controlled. I run it on 1024x768 with most effects on and settings up 3/4 of max. All other games run perfectly but this struggles. Got latest drivers and card is not overclocked. :huh:

It's probably because this game is being hard on the video card.

You're possibly required to get a later video card again! :wacko::realmad: Maybe it's time to OC it now.

At least change the driver settings again. If you really don't want to get another video card or OC the video card you currently have, at least try another driver version.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

• 4 weeks later...

i feel i should defend this game!

personally, i think its amazing, its fun, and gran turismo isn't that realistic either if you want to be picky, but nfs isn't ment to be realistic, its ment to be fun ....

anywho, about the black edition, i bought the standard edition, as i coudln't justify the extra £10 for the suv challenge that i wanted, so i can compare (apart from the dvd that comes with it) between the too, basically the black edition gives you some extra cars if you play online or in non series races, also it gives you challenge number 69, and suv challenge, with a car you can't normally get, u start with a heat level of 7, and its actually pretty easy to get away after you've played it a few times...ish

my opinions with the graphics, i have a radeon x800gt, which is capable of running the game at full settings at 1280x1024, however, if i turn shadows on the game slows down to a crawl, i can't notice much difference with it on or of (apart from its unplayable) but i've found most computers i've seen it on can have settings pretty high as long as you have the shadows off.

everything is in the standard edition that is in the black, otherwise when you play online there would be missing cars, so they had to include it, the patch is around 400k it also has some unique vinyls n really usful stuff like that (personally i;m not a big fan of modding ur car to the extreme to the g or whatever cool thing is said, but i just leave that and find it fun with hte police chases)

a radeon 9800 pro i tested it on with a athlon 2000+ chip could run it at 1024x768 with full settings (except AA) and run fine (well shadows had to be turned off)

what i've been playing it on is

p2.8 D

x800gt 128mb

1gig of ram

^ also runs solitare pretty smoothly!