The New Ipod

Matt_

ill stick with my 3rd gen ipod thank you very much. i just changed the battery on it, should be good for another 2 years :)

i will admit that its nice, and i like the 30 hours battery time. but the video feature just destroyed the original idea for the ipod as a simple mp3 player

i like it :)

but the harddisc is slow

u know, when u browse/play ur music it always needs 1-2 sec to react, it "lags"...

and its not just me, many others too

Every iPod is like that. It depends if you've played the song before or not... Even my 3rd gen 20GB one does that! ;)

I'd like to have an iPod video, but I'd also like a Blackberry PDA, and they both cost about the same amount of money, so I don't know right now... :P

I'd like to have an iPod video, but I'd also like a Blackberry PDA, and they both cost about the same amount of money, so I don't know right now... :P

from my personal experience, having used Pocket PC, BlackBerry, Palm-based devices, etc, the BlackBerry is an e-mail device with other features built in.

Blackberry bluetooth is crippled in all but the most expensive model, it only supports bluetooth headsets and not data transfer. ridiculous limitation (which is in fact only a software limitation, and thus, is most likely intentional).

Email support is terrible. Try reading five thousand emails on it. Both palm and PocketPC devices make this a breeze.

menu access is clunky, the scroll wheel takes a lot of thumb motion to access large menus.

You cannot multitask on a blackberry. start typing an email and want to switch to the note function? exit your email, save it, go back to the main menu, go to notes, read your note, exit the notes, go to main menu, open your email draft, continue.

if you'd like more information, I can write up a formal review. I'd recommend Pocket PC phones, if you must have a phone built in, or palm-based devices if you just want an organizer.

from my personal experience, having used Pocket PC, BlackBerry, Palm-based devices, etc, the BlackBerry is an e-mail device with other features built in.

Blackberry bluetooth is crippled in all but the most expensive model, it only supports bluetooth headsets and not data transfer. ridiculous limitation (which is in fact only a software limitation, and thus, is most likely intentional).

Email support is terrible. Try reading five thousand emails on it. Both palm and PocketPC devices make this a breeze.

menu access is clunky, the scroll wheel takes a lot of thumb motion to access large menus.

You cannot multitask on a blackberry. start typing an email and want to switch to the note function? exit your email, save it, go back to the main menu, go to notes, read your note, exit the notes, go to main menu, open your email draft, continue.

if you'd like more information, I can write up a formal review. I'd recommend Pocket PC phones, if you must have a phone built in, or palm-based devices if you just want an organizer.

LOL.. ipods people ipods... :yes:

Ipod video without solid state... ugh... i'd rather the creative zen anyday... and like suryad said.. the ipod series is way overrated !!

• 2 months later...
Ipod video without solid state... ugh... i'd rather the creative zen anyday... and like suryad said.. the ipod series is way overrated !!

i never checked, but i'd guess that the 'hard drive' isn't actual drive with spinning platters, is it? i'd figure it's more like a 'disk on chip'.

i never checked, but i'd guess that the 'hard drive' isn't actual drive with spinning platters, is it? i'd figure it's more like a 'disk on chip'.

It's actually a Toshiba 1.8 inch harddrive inside. Check out the following link for a good review and disection info with pictures ...

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/video-ipod.ars/1

Personally, the iPod was one of my best purchases music-related ever. I have used other mp3 players over the years, and the iPod is definately the best of the lot. May just go for a 60Gb video soon. Course, I prolly wont be playing any videos on it, lol! Oh yeah, never seen more than 1-2 sec delay on my 4G model, and that's only the first song after I first switch it on....

SP

Edited by seapagan