HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

tommyp

hi! reporting back to share results of several runs i did over the weekend ... i actually thought about the following possibilities for the issues i've encountered: (1) conflict in UXTHEME.dl_ contained in various themes addons & with that of XPize (well, XPize contains an executable for this) ... (2) probable changes made in XPize45.exe ... (3) file versions in new MS-updates released after 60810 ... as for the old versions i didn't encounter those i was able to burn cds with good ISOs using the very same files (except for those i added recently) ... i think there is a new update that breaks my install (specifically IE6.0sp1-KB918899-Windows-2000-XP-v2-x86-ENU.exe) ... attached are some logs & files ... i'll start a new thread for this HF so i could attach some pics too ...

EDIT: problems with shortcuts for other add-ons (for missing shirtcuts &/or install) are not related to the recent oversight that the_guy pointed out :P

files___logs.7z

Edited by Kiki Burgh

To be honest, Kiki, I'm a bit confused here.

What exactly are your problems after using HFSLIP version 60810 when using the correct version of the KB918899 update (the one for XP SP2)?

Do you get the same problem(s) with an older version of HFSLIP if you run such older version again?

I couldn't see anything wrong with the setup files you provided in your post. Can I have a look at your SYSOC.INF too?

it'a alright now TC ... i'm sorry for the bother ... have already figured that i used imcompatible HF meant for SP1 (as pointed out by the_guy) ... totally a bad oversight on my part :P ... as for the add-ons i believe conflict lies between XPize45 & Vista Icon pack as they more or less do the same thing ... thanks!

quick question: would there be any difference in treating files that we place in HF --- if in lower case or in upper case or a combo (i.e., XPize)?

Edited by Kiki Burgh

• 2 weeks later...

Is a version of HFSLIP later than 60810 required for later August Windows 2000 SP4 hotfixes?

This is critical, because there's more hotfixes reguarding the kernel!

Also, there's more hotfixes reguarding the shell! Thus even with the FDV fileset, I'm affected!

I appeared to have missed some hotfixes and there's no September final. :(

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

The only problem with September that I can think of is KB922528 on 2000. It requires the Rollup, and there's no special mode for it. I put a note on my list that it requires the Rollup, but I don't think that will be foolproof.

the_guy

The only problem with September that I can think of is KB922528 on 2000. It requires the Rollup, and there's no special mode for it. I put a note on my list that it requires the Rollup, but I don't think that will be foolproof.

the_guy

I already have the rollup. I probably would be missing a major amount of hotfixes if I didn't!

I haven't actually done a full Win2K install with the latest hotfixes yet, but there are no new files included and the installation INFs are OK so I don't see why there should be a problem.

RJARRRPCGP... If you're experiencing specific problems, can you explain which they are?

I haven't actually done a full Win2K install with the latest hotfixes yet, but there are no new files included and the installation INFs are OK so I don't see why there should be a problem.

RJARRRPCGP... If you're experiencing specific problems, can you explain which they are?

Just worried, because of more hotfixes after August 10. My CD from August 18 isn't good anymore, because I appeared to probably have missed at least one hotfix, then I saw another kernel hotfix!

• 1 month later...