HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

tommyp

It may be that Windows setup is tripping over the underscore, or the combination of the number with the underscore. Does the problem persist if you remove it?

Works fine now. Thanks for the heads up on the underscore - that was certainly the issue... although, despite the fact that the files in the original build were in the HFGUIRUNONCE folder, they ran at T-13, instead of first bootup. Now, with the new build (see attached hfslip logfile), it all runs at the proper time - on first bootup, with no errors at all. * I did replace the older Dot Net 1.1 + Dot Net 2.0 exe files with RogueSpear's integrated 1.1sp1/2.0/j++ package, and renamed that to dotnet.exe. *

Again, I praise everyone that is developing this script. It's truly a timesaver, and despite the issues I've had with it, I will continue using it for a long, long time to come. :P

HFSLIP.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a problem with HFSLIP...

I integrate all updates (also IE6, WMP9, DirectX 9c and MDAC 2.8 SP1), and then I make an ISO (with nLite) to test the CD on a virtual machine.

I always get the same error during setup... the message is something like "setup.exe has encountered an error, the installation will terminate here". I think it is something related to Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) because I always get the error during its setup. Up to now, I'll try to remove DTC with nLite to check if the error persist, but I think it's a bug related to DTC updates.

Hope I've been useful! And thanks for this very good program

Thanks, I am working with so many OS's I get confused.

One other question, the .Net framework optimization usually runs a lot of processes (1.1 and 2 with patches) tried the silent net maker from TC as well as roguespears silent installer renamed to dotnet.exe and they both flag an error in the application log: .Net Runtime Optimization Service (cir_optimization_v2.0.50727_32)-Service reached limit of transient errors: Will shut down. Last error returned from service manager 0x800736b 1. Any insite?