[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

godogg I dunno if you have been asked this question before but I will ask it anyway for my own curiosity. So in your sig it says windows currently @ 57 mb...is that the windows install cd size or is it literally the windows folder in the harddrive post install?

the windows folder itself.

@microlite I see you reading my thread, nice name :P i guess you like my project?

anyone reading this thread with questions feel free to post away.

I dont think any question is stupid. I like sharing more info about my project you might like to know.

Edited by gdogg

What I'm most interested in is minlogon (Post #51), will you provide minlogon in a command file or integrate it? What does these steps remove from the XP installation and can we skip these steps (Reg Cleanup, File Cleanup, Registry Security Tweaks, Driver Folder Cleanup, and Registry Cleanup)? Your Firefox builds are old, why not use the updated daily Trunk/Aviary builds from Mozillazine. I'd also like a beta copy of MicrowinX and/or instructions to get minlogon working, thanks!

EDIT: Minlogon is included in MicrowinX

Edited by rockerbl2

These builds (Firefox Deer Park Alpha 2 [Trunk]/Firefox 1.0.7 [branch]) are builds that are fixed upon by many Firefox users/developers/testers. Every day there are various fixes (for example the 2005-October-13 Trunk forum Mozillazine, it shows all the bugs they fixed and the bugs they need to fix). Each day a new build of Firefox is put out with all the previous bug fixes/improvements. These builds bring the user the latest and fastest firefox builds, but some of these builds have stability problems, since they are bleeding edge. I believe the Moox builds are old consisting of Firefox 1.0.6 with many various bugs and security problems.

EDIT: gdogg, if you want an optimised firefox, you should try different builds. In my opinion firefox deer park 1.5 beta 2 has faster rendering of web pages compared to older firefox versions. Here is some differences from Firefox 1.5 beta 2 Firefox.

Edited by rockerbl2

but i want an optimised firefox, and that is all i'd want to use

i found a 1.0.7 optimised and a 1.5 what should i post links to? both?

Edited by gdogg

@gdogg Hehe, you guessed right :P

These are small and easy to use tools, I'd really appreciate it if they're tested

hope they don't cause any problems, they're important for FPS games!

Download - Anir's Windows Mouse Acceleration Fix

disables capability of erroneously enabled acceleration

Download - SweetLow's USB Mouse Rate Adjuster

setups polling rates for HID compliant USB mice

Download - Tscherwitschke's Mouserate Checker

checks PS/2 and USB mouserates in realtime

What my next question would be and I am sure there are a few members with this question in mind (I hope) is how other users are going to be able to attain the same results as the MicrowinX project that you have attained...I mean is there going to be an automated tool that will customize the original XP cd kind of like nLite? Or is there gonig to be a detailed guide that will be developed by the people involved in the project for users to use? Hope my questions made sense. Thanks for all replies.

Anir's Windows Mouse Acceleration Fix

Well, I just thick "direct input on" in games :) its the same.

And dont have usb mouse so dont have to use anything else, imo all those things arent needed for FPS games :P

The problem is that all games do not support DirectInput or have a bad implementation of it.

For USB the mouse polling rate can be as important as the frame rate in FPS games.

Edited by microlite