Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB)

vcBlackBox

I know about the space saving not being that big...the main reason I started with this line of thought was that langpack 2 could not be installed correctly, so I was trying to come up with a way to have it install...and I only use english, so have no idea how the main nero installer works with other languages. Im going to think on how to get the 2nd language pack to install...it may just involve a few lines in the nero installer cmd file. But im going to think about it for a while and see if its worth it or not...I may just do it for myself and pm you with my findings and leave it up to you, since you have done such great work so far.

How about renaming setup.exe for the 2nd langpack to setupl.exe? Sidenote: If you rename both the cfg and exe file, it will error out...so setupnve.cfg would still need to be renamed to setup.cfg and then run setupl.exe...this adds 104KB but allows us to use both langpacks.

Edited by evilvoice

NVE and NeroDigitalPro are in fact the same product...the md5 hashes match...so i guess if you want to vc, you can remove it LOL...may not want to tho just for those who download nerodigitalpro thinking its better than nve.

About NVE:

Nero Vision Express only, without Nero Digital and all other apps, is very handy. If you have a camera (with firewire) you can use Nero Vision to import the movie and do some editing. Very nice.

After that, to create a mpg stream or prepare to burn it on DVD, there are better quality encoders that can do it. Like HC encoder.

About NeroCheck:

I use a regtweak to remove Nerocheck from starting at startup, do it like this for a very long time now. Even before I used NCAB and Felix method. Nero Burning Rom, Nero Tools, Cover Designer, Nero Express and Nero Vision Express al keep running perfectly.

Nero Check just checks if the atapi and other cd/dvdrom related drivers and files aren't being modified or deleted by other apps or viruses. Completely useless.

I delete the file also with my cleanup.cmd (added it to this batch long time ago).

I actually thought NCAB removed it! This is one of the first files I would remove when shrinking Nero.

Edited by ZileXa

How about renaming setup.exe for the 2nd langpack to setupl.exe? Sidenote: If you rename both the cfg and exe file, it will error out...so setupnve.cfg would still need to be renamed to setup.cfg and then run setupl.exe...this adds 104KB but allows us to use both langpacks.
Still no joy!

@frame

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't. That all depends on what you do with nero.

If you remove them, you'll will lose some burning capabilities, that's a fact.

Everything you see in this pic will be limited in some ways or not function at all.

As for the Lib directory, it will be safer if you don't mess with it.

post-31801-1123632919_thumb.png

post-31801-1123632937_thumb.png

@frame

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't. That all depends on what you do with nero.

If you remove them, you'll will lose some burning capabilities, that's a fact.

Everything you see in this pic will be limited in some ways or not function at all.

As for the Lib directory, it will be safer if you don't mess with it.

post-31801-1123632919_thumb.png

post-31801-1123632937_thumb.png

thanks, for the info, the reason i'm asking is that now i'm messing with repackaging programs, first i have runned your shrinking method, then i used program to make it even smaller and o managed to get 13MB .msi installer(also i have removed those 3 folders from common folder and i have removed dll files from folder nero, that would contain any audio, media, video feature,and i can say it is burning great, well at liest for now, i have only burned dvd disks only.....

There is something like this for Winamp... well sortof...

Alanoll's MSI installer - you just need to get your hands a bit dirty and get into the CAB files yourself. That way you can generate a completely silent Winamp installer with just the components you need. Alanoll has already done most of the hard stuff for you... ;)

[/offtopic]

As always, great work vcBlackBox! I don't think I can say that enough!

I'm sorry to say this but I've got a problem running ncab.exe . In compability mode it doesn't report anything, under normal mode it report this:

C:\DOCUME~1\Administrator\Local wordt niet herkend als een interne
of externe opdracht, programma of batchbestand.

and then just stops. Any solutions perhaps?